Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​
 ​
Actually the question about the other sets was a little trap because I had this prepared all the time :D
I always feel a bit redundant when I do equipment, because there are sooooo many other sets by other icon artists yet, but I guess with the crossbows I made something that was still needed.​
 ​
Else there is not much to say, just a thank you to everyone who follows the calendar. I'll see that I have the time for another answer post on the weekend.​
 ​
Which quite common weapons (besides crossbows) are underrepresented in RPGs?

gloopmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hammers, i feel are underrepresented. Though that may just be me. Flails are kinda in the same boat too.

radiantcross13

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would have to go for hammer (and blundgeoning weapons in general). Whips are underrepresented as well but considering they're not actual weapons, but torture instruments I can see why. Your arm would go numb before you actually kill someone with a whip (EDIT: not that I tried), but I see your point DBDragoner. It's at least somewhat close to a real weapon (I'm looking at you fan, bench and haircomb!)

Also, we often see staves as a mage's weapon, but not that often as an actual combat weapon. Two-handed swords are not that common either, at least not realistic ones. ;)

BTW, good job as always Avy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What sort of weapons are underrepresented? The zany weapons like sling shots, yo-yos, baseball bats, you know things that games with children characters might use.  But that's just me.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohhh! More crossbows! Gee that is nice! I mean, crossbows are were missing.

What weapons are missing? Oh! You need ideas? Here! :D

Modern handguns! And shotguns! Here are some famous handguns in the spoiler.

Magnum revolver

Magnum Desert Eagle model

Glock 17

can not share pictures from google :/

We also lack explosives, grenades, tnt, or the round bombs with fuse.

Futuristic laser rifles and pistols (I have no idea how they should look)

Maybe steampunk weapons.

and finally...

knuckles!!! ;)

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The previous suggestions especially Caitlin's were spot on, but also I think boomerangs are ignored as well.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
More crossbows yes!! Sends Avery hugs through the computer. These are great! As for something under-represented that is normally quite a common weapon, I'd say flails and maces.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice, more crossbows :D

Hmm underrepresented weapons.. Flails, whips, fistweapons/knuckles.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​
 ​
And again I am short in time with writing that post. *sighs* Okay, I'm doing my best to say all the things I want to say to those.​
At first we have a little bonus again, the opal is a resized (and repixeled) version of the opal in the gem day. It was just so much my favourite that I had to do this.​
Maybe some parts of the icons seemed familiar to you? That has a reason, normally I resize the icon and rework it totally, this time I used some of my older creations without resizing to create new Big Icons.​
It was really fun to go through the set and work on the Big Icons on that other way. I also figured out that gems are the easiest to be reused as part of pretty jewlery. I guess they were a similar amount of work as the other way to create Big Icons (or less, because I could reuse some of the parts I made for them). My favourite of them is the peanut^^​
 ​
 ​
These were made by thinking a little outside the box - do you use icons out of the box (I mean, outside of the places where they are normally used in the maker) or have nice ideas to do so?

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gee... You gave me a good idea here @Avery.

I'll be back with a game!

A small but nice one!!!

topar395

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow, I thought that your other icons were awesome, but these just take the cake and I'm eatin 'em! Thanks Avery!!

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I sketched out a tile design recently and realized I had a 24 x 24 section in the middle, which lead to me thinking I could put the Ace icons or yours in the middle.

Also in Ace I made the floating icons as characters. That was fun.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Loving the big opal, and the (I assume, I don't know gems well) opal ring. The pocket watch is also very nice and there is a ton of detail on those peanuts.

In terms of outside of the box, gems could be used for a quasi-materia system. The pocket watch could be used for time spells, or for a class icon.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​
 ​
Ah, yeah, it seems like other people tend to see tiaras here, actually they were supposed to be normal finger rings^^;​
But I don't mind if you use them as tiaras :D
As you see, I forgot to include the palette, I'll try to get that done till I'm updating the start post on christmas :) But you can stilll mix and match and recolor the parts on your own (just maaaaybe not the snake part and the open rings. at least not without a lot of magic xD)​
 ​
Again, post your favourite combinations, I want to see them!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​
 ​
Aaaaaaahhhh, I was working on some Bonus for #24  and totally forgot about the time >///< Sorry, so sorry guys.​
Food was a must have and I realized that I had no plated food yet so I fixed that. Imade some quite genral and yummy dishes,but you are all open to suggest more, if that's a useful thing :D
Sushi and Ice were tandom but just what I wanted to make at that point^^​
 ​
What is yout favourite food (not the icon, irl ;) )?

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Got to go with pizza for my favorite, I can't really find a good one anymore though due to having to be gluten free from an intolerance. Most of them have very thin bready crusts rather than a crisp thick crust that I like. 

Icons are looking great Avery, making me hungry and those ring modulars are awesome (by our powers combined...)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love it when you make food, Avery.  Soo tasty looking and useful in so many ways.

Steak and fettuccine alfredo used to be my favorite but lately it's been Chicken Tikka Masala.  I also really adore anything my Dad makes with pork.  Yum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scrollstorm