Avy's Icon Workshop [Back to buisness!]

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by Avery, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ahh! THANK YOU THANK YOU<3 @Avery

I know I just requested 2 but if the 3 request limit still counts might I ask for a Priest's gown equipment in 24x24?

Here's an image of what I had in mine: 

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  2. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Avery, long time no see! Sorry it's been a while and I never got to fully study the icons you made for the Advent Calendar! Until now.

• The modular necklaces are a fantastic idea, and really gives us devs a lot of control in how to put some together. I really like the heart and skull ones especially :) (Mainly because I love anything with bones and skulls, and the heart charm is so cute)
    • I don't see many giving crossbows the attention it deserves. My favourites of the ones you made is the green one, and the one that looks like fire in the handle(?) I like that someone can make elemental crossbows out of the ones you did. Maybe I should make a game where no one uses a sword and focuses on unusual weapons like crossbows, whips, tridents and spears.
    • I love your Big Icons - the ones you made of the food look so rich that I want to eat them ^_^ I am especially eager for modern Big Icons because the game I'm making now is set in the futuristic/modern era, so thank you! I can certainly find uses for that first aid kit, dollar bill, backpack, key and ID card since I was thinking of using Yanfly's Item Core plugin. I also like the fact that the gameboy(?) could be edited to look like a futuristic ipad.
    • As for your question about what other modern big icons are needed, the only thing I can think of is glasses, like Shaz says, newspaper, single bullet, brass knuckle (for bare-handed combat), boxing gloves, bandana, laptop, umm, sneakers? I haven't looked at other people's Big Icons yet, sorry.
    • Oooh, modular swords. I love the curvy blades, but here's one I tried to make! It's a bit big, so I guess it counts as a Big Icon??

[​IMG]

• More modern icons! To answer your question, the modern MV game I'm making takes place in a city with alleys, sewers and factories, so likely I would be using keycards, puzzle objects :) I would love to see more modern RM games!
    • I have to admit, your opal is one of my favourite icons too. I might edit this or another of yours to use as a 'power source' in my futuristic/moderm game. It's so hard to choose, but I think jade is one of my favourite precious stones.
    • I rarely think of using tiaras, but now you just might have changed my mind. I love how you included a skull too ;D
    • Oh my god, stop making food, you always make me hungry ;) That prawn nigiri, and those plated foods could be another 'healing' item in my game too. And those sundae cones and donuts! (DONUTS) My favourite food IRL is sushi and Italian food, especially pastas :)
    • Thank you for your lovely skill icons and for always thinking what would be practical for us too. It made me think about how the icons should look for the modern/futuristic themed skills in my game. When I've thought about it more, I would love to ask your advice if that's alright!
    • Those exotic weapons! I remember you did a lovely Ace kris for me, and I agree with Sharm that I would like to see a kukri too. Maybe a katar as well.
    • 15 - I like nearly everything in the second row, except for the celtic knot which seems clearer in the first row? ...I'm not exactly sure which one one is the 'waffle'. I thought a waffle looked by something else, but I stand by the second row :) If you are not satisfied with something and want to remake it, I have no objections! You always improve each time to pick up something older, and everyone benefits when you are satisfied with an icon, whether it be new or remade.
    • Dear me, the rods. Anything with an orb at the end is automatically my favourite. I'm a bit surprised there's no skull rod but that's easily done by looking through your previous modular icons. As for some options, er, is it silly to suggest butterflies one day? Yes, a butterfly rod ;D
    • Green armour and weapon set. SO MUCH WIN o_O The 'breastplate' is especially gorgeous, and the sword and dagger too. It reminds me of Morrowind's glass armour. If only I was good at recolouring. I could make a Green Knight, Red Knight, Black Knight...
    • And last, but not least, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the MV replacement set. I am so looking forward to it being finished (no hurry!) and so very excited. My favourites are the skull and crossbones (of course), the poison status (looks so cute), death (with his scythe), green cyclone, the green poison bottle (I seem to like things in green, I realise), the leather armour (look at the detail of those studs!), the swords (the metal looks so real), the blood pack, the floppy carrot, the delicious looking sausage, the feather, the eye. So much to see. This is one of the best presents you could give us!!

I'm so sorry it took so long for me to give feedback, and that I only have time to make one icon out of your modular ones. I only just returned to the forums myself. Hope you rested well, and have a lovely day :)

3. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Fair enough, good to know. ;)

4. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Alkorri

This review <3 I am so bad in writing answers, but I and really touched °-°

I was so free to pick some of your suggestions and tried to make something matching.

Thank you so much!

@Silenity

"Your" icon is below the skill icons!

[​IMG]

So, here we go. I had the urgent need to do icons, and started with scrolls.

First a blank one, then such for different spells! They could be used to learn skills or to be scrolls of spells you can only use a single time.

Secons row is a treasure map.

Third a key and a rusty version. Could alse be a key item in a time travel game (You have to hide the new key in the past in a place where you pick the now rusty version up in the future).

An eye. I felt like this was missing in the sheet, even though I am aware that several other artists made eyes as well. Well. Variation and such.

Some skill icons, two water skills, a bleeding wound and a meteor^^

The request by Silenity, a priests clothing,

Alkorris suggested rod parts.

Modern Big Icon glasses.

Kukri and kunai.

Just a note: I know that the move messed up my start post, but I'm waiting until we have a source editor again to fix that mess with the spoilers I now suddenly have there.

flirion, Kyuukon, Marsigne and 11 others like this.
  5. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You made a skull and butterfly rod parts! And a glasses Big Icon! Eeee, thank you, Avery ^^

6. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Those scrolls are awesome!

7. Nanaki_Fan

Nanaki_Fan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Avery those scroll icons are amazing! You have such great skill and a lot of talent.

8. OneManArmy

OneManArmy Veteran Veteran

Hi Avery I hope you could do an icon for me? it is for MV and it would be amazing if it is possible to make an icon of firefly in the jar 

[​IMG] To give you some ideas

Love your icons that's a shame though that most of them are for ACE :(  

9. Snayff

Snayff Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Avery Some really fine work.

10. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @OneManArmy

[​IMG]

Well, it is just natural that they are all Ace sized, huh? It took years to do so many.

How about these?

So, and here's something different:

We have Big Icon Anniversary since it all started with a collab for Restaff last year in febuary. Since there are way less icons than for the regular size I decided to redo some of my modular parts in that size to give you the much needed variation for these :3

I started with some rod parts since I had only made one so far. Enjoy them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least - I fixed the start post (it was terribly annoying but well...),now there shouldn't be any messed up spoilers anymore. There is now a category "Modular Icons II", where you can find these and all following Modular Big Icons.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
  11. McSundae

McSundae Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hey Avery :D  I love your icons, i was just wondering if you could do something like this in MV Style?

Btw. that modular idea of weapons is just fantastic!

EDIT: Seems i can't copy paste something from my snipping tool x)

i mean the first icon of my set, the candy :) (Actually the only reason i even started my set) - So if you could do such candy in mv style i could stay with your iconset ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
    Avery likes this.
  12. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Here you go :3

I also remade one of your basic sword weapons, now you should be able to replace our whole sheet with these icons or easy edits/recolors of them ^^

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
    RocketKnight, Jinxed, Bonkers and 3 others like this.
  13. McSundae

McSundae Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Uhhh - so pretty and dayum fast :D  Way better then my version ;)

Thanks alot <3

14. Atlas Rose

Atlas Rose Jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was wondering if I could get an icon for a rat treat for vxace please. Thank you!

[​IMG]

15. RodsXP

RodsXP Villager Member

First Language:
    Español
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Avy, i love your work.  :thumbsup-right:

Sorry, i dont speak english.

I need this for RPG MV:

-Round Gem

8516469_1.jpg

-Gem with Emerald Cut

emerald-cut.jpg

-Ambar with any bug

amber 3.gif

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  16. gendfleur

gendfleur Even Satanists have standards. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    hello!! i love love your icons, i'm going to be using them for my project, and i was wondering if you could make a save icon in the same style as your first style of "menu items"? i see there's one in the second style, but i really like the first style better for my game.

thank you!

(this is what i mean by save icon if that wasn't clear)

17. BlissAuthority

BlissAuthority Dang, it feels good to be a Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello again.  Fantastic work as always.

Would you terribly mind redoing the wands you did for me in VX for MV?

18. McSundae

McSundae Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hey there, i just recognized that i'm missing the good old standart rod within the MV Set :D  Would you be so kind and create that one for us? Would be really lovely, since most mages are using that one :)

19. Avery

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    At the moment none of these request will or can be fulfilled.

Gendfleur, I have a "save icon" in my Ace Iconset under electronics, if that is the style you mean. Or which is the one you need?

All others don't follow one or more rules of my workshop. (To be clear: the rules still demand a picture and a good description, I made gems of all shapes and types yet and there is a limit of one per MV icon request). It should also be said (I thought this was clear) that I don't accept requests for this workshop via PM.

Here is what I made for restaff this time plus some addition:

Some basic fantasy weapons, some vacuum packed crackers for your space trip and Ace Icons to go with hiddenone's great MV weapons^^

[​IMG]

As it was the anniversary of the existing of Big Icons, here are some to expand the set and to get them known a little more. If you ever release a game using this style, let me know, I want to see them in game so badly! D:

[​IMG]

Last but not least a very huge junk of work. And if I say huge I mean HUGE. This took many hours and it was hard to kepp it going because it was also a boring and annoying work. I resized any of the 524(!!!) Ace icons manually one by one for MV use and this is the result. Resulting to this we now have two MV styles in my thread, I'll adjust the rules to that soon.

(NO, I won't resize all my icons here. That would be around 100 hours of boring resizing work and NO, just NO.)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  20. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :o Nice :o!

You know you will eventually xD! Resistance is futile!