Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DITR

I think you are still missing the point in a big way.  Re-read Sharm's explanation.  And then ask yourself, if you still want someone else to do these icons for you, whether it is appropriate to ask Avery to search around for someone else for you instead of you doing your own looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Hi, I had a pretty cool idea for an icon set and while I don't really need them right now I though that making them could be fun, since you said that you're looking for a challenge. After having a look around I also noticed that there are really few if not no icons like this so that makes them even more useful!  :)

What I mean by this are post-apocalyptic, makeshift futuristic weapons, fallout style.

Here are some examples:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Arc_welder_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)?file=FNV_arc_welder.png

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Recharger_pistol?file=RechargePistol.png

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_pistol_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)?file=PlasmaPistol.png

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Tesla-Beaton_prototype?file=FNVTeslaBeatonPrototype.png

I think that drawing them can be both challenging and fun, as I really haven't seen anything like that when it comes to VX Ace resources  ;)

But like I said, it's not really a request or anything like that, I just thought that you might enjoy drawing them.

(I also hope that you won't think that I'm lying or something just to get you to draw me stuff  :| ; They don't even fit my setting)

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Would you mind making icons for my menu options? They should be 44x44, fitting this menu below: 

((the ones you see are enlarged 24x24 icons from the VX/ACE RTP as placeholders.

The icons should represent:

- Items/Inventory

- Equip

- Abilities/Skills

- Status/Character Info

- Journal/Questlog

- Character switcher

- Shutdown/Quit game

I'll let you decide what the icons should look like. :p

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, this is going too far. I'm going to delete a few posts and help this get on track. Let's keep it relevant to the actual topic of Avery's icons, okay?

Geoff The Dragon Slayer

Corporate Data Manager
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Excellent artwork you have here.

I would like to request a tech gauntlet sort of like this 

At least 3 and all in different colours (Gold, Blue, Silver, Red and Green) please.

Thanks in advance.

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Good morning/evening/night, Avery! I have a request, please kindly approve it if you have time to work a little for me. :)

Here is a image for reference, that will make your work easier to do. Also, can you please create these lollipops separately too? Thank you in advance! (And sorry for before because I was behaving like an idiot. You are really helpful to the forums, we are grateful for your works! Thank you so much!)

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Avery, that severed finger looks lovely. Just for that, I will have to include this in my zombie game, thank you :>

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your icons are such a treat! And not to mention beautiful. <3

Allusion

♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, so you're the icon guru who's stuff I've been seeing everywhere! I'm so happy to find you--both because I was darn curious, and also because I really needed to know who to credit in my game! Your work is genius! If you have any spare time, I have two icons up for request? I have no time limit, so you can put these at the bottom of your bucket. I know what it's like to be swamped. Q.Q

Also, I apologize beforehand one or both of these exists already. I have saved many icon sheets and haven't quite found what I'm looking for. If you know of any, just point me to the right direction, hun! Thank you!

1. An open book with a quill. The book can be any color except purple. (My window skin's main color; it'd be invisible, lol ) though I would like the feather to be either black or white. A reference is something like this, or this

2. A fancy love potion bottle: I'm currently using Ace's, but for all of my other potions I have more detailed creations from outside the RTP; so it looks a bit flat now. A picture I had in mind would be this one, perhaps with the body being heart shaped? (The 'drink me' tag is unnecessary~) What ever is fun and easy for you! The main color could remain red, or switched out for magenta/rose color? Something romantic is all~

Thank you again! Also, do you have a support bar for your thread? I would love to tote it around with me~ <3

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't ask for more than 3 Icons at one time.
Oh, I'm sorry!

I must have missed this! I tend to have the attention span of a kitten, so my eyes wonder of things they shouldn't have. 

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am very touched by your compliments °///°'

If anybody was that gentle and patient it would never stressing x)

Yes, I have a support banner:

It is awesome to have such great support, I just can't find the right words to thank all those great persons who make me feel it's right to continue this. Just as example, I'd always be ready for one of Alkorris challenges <3

Since there are no words, here are some icons:

tealight (off&on), zippo (off&on), video cassette, amber, amber with ant, lily of the valley

pansy, horseshoe crab, love potion (request), book & quill (request), slug, trilobite, statue of bastet, violin

Allusion

♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, wow! That was fast; thank you so much, dear! They all look gorgeous~ *0*

And you just say the word if you ever need a pick me up! I'll try to PM you as many funny pics as possible. It would be a crime to let such a talented artist's flame die out. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It is awesome to have such great support, I just can't find the right words to thank all those great persons who make me feel it's right to continue this. Just as example, I'd always be ready for one of Alkorris challenges <3
Avery, I agree with Allusion! I cannot express how much I love your icons. Just today I tried making a coconut icon for myself as practice - It ended up looking like a chocolate rock ;< It makes me appreciate how much care and hard work you must have put into your art.

And oho! You already ready for another challenge? I do have something in mind, but I will ask later when I have a clearer idea of what I need  :)

RaZzi

My Peculiar Brother
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Wow, nice icons. You are talented.

What are your terms for using these?

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Avery: Like RaZzi said, what are your terms for using? Also, your icons are allowed for recolor and editing? It's for a non-commercial project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LHC-tan