Nacura

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
see Avy's do you have plates of food? since I have searched and cannot find.

SirCuddlesWorth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey thanks for sharing the MZ Iconset. I'm going to credit you in my game.
It's free for everyone, so I'll update this later when it releases.

TecnoHill

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I like a lot your stuff, and I want to know if you got icons like a lighter zipo and a lockpicks ?

Regards

Tomasque

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You are a lifesaver, Avery! Thank you so much for these icons!

XPKobold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Question though the MV/MZ II 32*32 icons link is broken is it still there somewhere in the page thread?

loi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It says as long as you get a free copy of the game
For paid sales
Do you need to contact Avery and hand over the finished game?

I am sorry if it is rude or inappropriate to you, since I use the online translation site.

loi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just overlooked it. excuse me

bjjornnn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This icon set is super cool. Thank you for your sharing.

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't really do any graphical work but I am doing recolors for the armors just because of the MZ set. I had a set I was ok with, I did whole lot of research on icon sets and in my opinion this is the best looking one. You utilize most of the square and the detail/shading is great to look at when using VS visual items. I tried doing a pixel perfect upscale of the VX set since there are so many amazing options in there, but it seems as though the "next size up" (41% larger instead of 33% I think it was) is a bit larger than 32*32. When I try to resize directly to 133% I just get blurring and distortion. I suppose that's why you offered the workaround with the borders. Either way, once I saw these sets I knew I needed to have them in my game, even if it means trying to do my own janky edits in GIMP.

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am slowly trying to get an order into my resources. With multiple hosters going down and everything being spread among several folders, threads and computers, that is not really an easy thing plus I have no clue how to host it best, as this is an insane amount of work.

For now I have reuploaded the Big Icon set, which had been down for quite a while now (I guess?) and added everything that I found on my PCs, so there are possibly unrealeased icons in there - and also possibly still some missing, I'll let you know when I expand it.
BigIconSet_Avery.png
Since they need you to own VX Ace I don't know if there is still a demand for them, but they were pretty fun to make and it is a reasonable size for adding a lot detail and still being doable^^

For all who like this style, here is my old list linking everything on the boards that would match:

And I must admit... I kinda like this style. Is there any interest for expansions?

Last edited:

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I needed more armor and jewelry for my game after incorporating your MZ iconset. The nice thing about these big icons is they convert to 32x32 much better than 24x24 does. I need to start messing around with all the great modular stuff really.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I always liked the style of your big icons. Would love to see more of them

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
After sifting and sifting through files, grabbing everything in this style and scale from tutorial result to single icon I made to fill a request, I think I have all my Ace "Upscale" icons gathered.
Above the blank like we have the Ace RTP icons as I had reuploaded them earlier, below we have all the other icons I made in that style.
Since it is not that much I did not really organize them and I made several very similar icons as I realized, but welp, you can pick your favourite then I guess ;3
Icon_Conversion_Ace_to_MV_Avery.png

Also updated is the VX Ace sheet!
Even though I did not actively expand it in the last years, I had a lot of 1-3 icon files that were made for board requests or to help people out on the spot, and so a total of 37 icons was added to the "old" set. Which is actually a lot, but cut onto that very large set, it does not look like it is^^'
IconSet24Avery.png

Last edited:

IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are amazing, Avery. I did not know you made these VX Ace icons. Always dug them very much. Will continue to make use of them.

Denadora

Homo Sapiens
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
IT, EN
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am slowly trying to get an order into my resources. With multiple hosters going down and everything being spread among several folders, threads and computers, that is not really an easy thing plus I have no clue how to host it best, as this is an insane amount of work.

For now I have reuploaded the Big Icon set, which had been down for quite a while now (I guess?) and added everything that I found on my PCs, so there are possibly unrealeased icons in there - and also possibly still some missing, I'll let you know when I expand it.
View attachment 211315
Since they need you to own VX Ace I don't know if there is still a demand for them, but they were pretty fun to make and it is a reasonable size for adding a lot detail and still being doable^^

For all who like this style, here is my old list linking everything on the boards that would match:

And I must admit... I kinda like this style. Is there any interest for expansions?
Interest? It's amazing!!! :kaolivid:

(The details on the fossil icon drives me crazy omg. Just to mention one in particular)

ysehporp

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow! I just started with RPGMaker and I've been struggling to find good icons for stuff in my game. These are so amazing! Thank you so much for putting in so much effort to provide fantastic icons for the community!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, my icons cannot be used outside of RM games. Some are edits (as the Ace "upscales" or a handful of the Ace icons) or heavily reference MV objects (as some of the designs are very clearly the ones of the MV weapons and so on. Those are very tiny things, but I am rather on the safe side.

My last months have been crazy and I had 5 grade-creating events (as: hand in of a huge project, exam, presentations...) in the last 8 days, so I am kinda "done" for now.

Anyways, as kind of a stress relief, I made an icon every now and then between rendering 3D scenes, video cutting and learning how to calculate the lifespan of data.

View attachment 175582

So, what do we have?
It started with branded soda cans, each of the sparkly ones has their own pattern and they are edits of the one I already have. I thought it would be cool to have the possibility to use them as heal items in a modern game with different effects for example (as in Pokemon red/blue/yellow xD). The berries came after I realized there was a certain lack of berries, the picks were kinda random, but you can never have too few berries. And then the leek, as I felt we need more vegetables as well. Food section could definitly have more stuff, as all sections, but now you have some more options I guess.

Second row are edits of the candle, I though you can use it as ligh source (with on/off when activated) and decide to not have the lower golden thing,

Third row are plants and a shroom. They are from scratch but intended to replace the Yanfly upscales that are in Yanfly's set (as you can see in the full set, some gaps have closed)

Then a battery, modern games can use them for many things, as in "You can only use the flashlight if you have 2 batterys"

Animal collectables, for potion making, fishing, or just loot.

More weapons and armor... I feel like every section needs more stuff, so here are at least a few more fantasy equipment things.

Tools, as a normal axe (could double as weapon) and a screw. I think screws would make cool elements as you could either steal screws to weaken something or add them to repair something :3

A bronze bracelet... counts as "random equipment" I guess. You see, I had no plan, just did very random things.

Speech bubbles, I though I had them, couldn't find them and so I made new ones.

Sun and Moon, both fitting for spells or day/night systems :3

And last but not least, random skull variations^^

Here is the full set as of now:
YOU BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL ARTIST! Thank you so much for putting these all in one image!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I somehow really enjoy working on these Big icons, and so here are some brand new ones:
Newicons07012022.png

I am still not sure which topics are the best for these, I think they are better for items than for skills? And maybe a little better for modern than for fantasy? Let me know what you think!

I also reorganized the sheet again, so you can see which ones you need to own VX Ace to be allowed to use them. Some of the daggers and plants were heavily Ace inspired, but made from scratch.
BigIconSet_Avery.png

Denadora

Homo Sapiens
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
IT, EN
Primarily Uses
N/A
Delightful!!

I am still not sure which topics are the best for these, I think they are better for items than for skills? And maybe a little better for modern than for fantasy? Let me know what you think!

Umh aestethically speaking with a look like this I think they are good for everything, but my eyes love to see objects\material things represented <3 I almost get a sense of 'touch' (visually) (yeah I know kind of synesthetic xD it's a pleasant feeling). So yeah items imo.

As for the modern vs. fantasy, I have NO opinion whatsoever.
Like, yeah, oh my gosh if you wanna start making (more) alchemy\potion bottles you may make a trillion zillion and I'll never be bored. Plants too. Flowers. Fruits. Books.
But these are just things that I personally like, not an opinion on this icon style. This icon style flatters everything it touches.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1653453172179.png
Another amazing plugin by Dsiver! Thank you!

Salvage plugin. Craft something you decide you no longer need, or find an item you have no interest in, salvage it for scrap and resources. As you salvage items, gain EXP and level up. The higher your level, the better odds you have at succeeding, and the more material you'll actually acquire.
Harold Jam 2022: Dark Universe game jam is live! https://itch.io/jam/haroldjam22
Every once in a while I keep forgetting MZ added an Attack Skill Trait you can use to set the basic attack of an Actor to something else.
ScreenShot_5_24_2022_8_43_32.png
the last post was of the 2 bosses you'll fight in the high school... Principal Heiman and Mary, Mary, Mary... aka Mary Mars Mcqueen, the captain of the girl's wrestling team. Here's a view of the inside of said high school, Autumn Bay High.
So the Fire alarm went off 3 times in less then a half hour on my building. But my cat is so use to it going off he doesn't even run behind the couch anymore. He is just like, "This again?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taksan