IvanForever

Xir Xir
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I somehow really enjoy working on these Big icons, and so here are some brand new ones:
Newicons07012022.png

I am still not sure which topics are the best for these, I think they are better for items than for skills? And maybe a little better for modern than for fantasy? Let me know what you think!
Wow, I like these very much. To me, they look like suited for items but also can be some map decorations depending on the context of the game and story. They might even apply to menu stuff in certain cases. Also has a modern feeling to it. The dice can be for more than this, as the die can be representative of mini-games, board games, etc.

BombchuSquad

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, wow! I was wanting some new icons for my game! SO many different ones! Thanks for making all of these! Has pretty much everything I need, too! Many different colors of weapons, potions, and all sorts of stuff!! This is probably the best icon set I've seen on the web.

It's awesome, and I'll definitely be using it in my game. Thank you!!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since I have reworked my Big Icon sheet into reflecting for which icons you need a VX Ace license and for which not, I thought I might make some icons to cover those types of stuff that only exist in the Ace version, so people without it are good to go with that style.
AvyBigIconsFantasy.png
That is the story behind the armor, the shield, the axe and the skull, and the sword just was something I enjoyed making, though that style already has comparingly a lot of swords xD
Does anyone have some recommendations fur plugins or systems that go well with this style? if so, I would happily provide them as a starting point for people who like them :3

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I still think those Big icons would probably work best in a more puzzle based game, so my next batch kinda focuses on things that might be helpful in a modern game where you have to find and use the items to advance :3

BigIconsFebAvery.png

Plus the dis would also work great as save icon, in case you want to use these larger icons for a menu for example^^

Sato1999

Yangfly Master(Previously)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks a lot for making these free resources! You are awesome!

Maxime_Martyr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, you have been updating this thread for two months, you were not kidding when you said it is a tedious process if you still are not done with it, you also mentioned that you need some motivation so what can I do to cheer you up?

I really appreciate your persistent contributions to RPG Maker so if I can do anything to make you happy then don't hesitate to say it!
:biggrin:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
After a long long time:
All icon sheets are up to date, including the new Big Icons and the MV/Z sheet having all the icons (as the advent ones) and every Bug I could catch in it fixed (some stray pixels removed, some holes closed).
I also added a small preview header to make the different types of icons visible even when the spoilers are collapsed. I had to cheat a little for the modular big icons banner a little as that is only that one set...

The Modular XP/VX/Ace icons are finally complete again, for example the keys were unavaiable for quite a while now. Everything is attatched to the start post so no hoster can go down and I have a folder that only includes the sorted stuff on my PC for the first time in years so I can reupload in time worst case.

Wow.

That was a lot.

For now I will keep the requests closed as I have too many things I am working on, but I am always happy about feedback from everyone, which style do you use, what do you like most, do you play around with the modular sets?
The answers to those questions help me when I want to make stuff for example for the next advent calendar, as I want them to suit your needs as well as I can. Even if it is feedback to old stuff, that does not matter, it is still valueable to me!

Last edited:

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is amazing. I love that raspberry.

For the second group (upscale from Ace), are we required to own Ace to use them?

Thanks!

BlueVikingr

The Dragonbirb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love your MV/Z 32x32 set. The variety is amazing, and the style is so beautiful and bright. I've played around with the modular sets that match it a little. Thank you for doing that; it's gives those of us who are maybe a little Photoshop-challenged like myself a quick way to have a wide variety of icons for our items.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hooray, just as I was buckling down to Do A Game and hating the MZ default icons! :D

Feedback: I use the 32x32 MV/MZ size in your style. I love the modular icons - I have made so many keys since you first released them, various swords, and I'm going to be playing with the jewellery as soon as I need some.

What I find I always need more of is potion bottles, books, and herbs. You've got potion bottles completely covered, but would modular books and herbs be possible? Different coloured books with different colour trim, labels, symbols, et cetera to be layered on? Or leaves and flowers that can be mixed and matched?

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Feedback to old stuff: I really like the MV/Z 32x32 set. Especially with all the different colour variations. For my own project I'm using a standardised icon for each weapon type but different colours based on the weapon's element.

Those new stars and cards are great too! I really like how you offered a couple of options on how multiple stars are shown. More options are always good.

Thank you for all your hard work! :kaojoy:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
They might not be the modular icons you wanted, but for sure they are the modular icons you need to add some fun easter eggs to your game!
Easteregg.gif
I was so close to skip on making something easter related and then this idea came around and I just HAD to make it :3
You can of course recolor the colors you want, but for a quick start I added lots of options!
You will also find out that some of the patterns line up or can be used as color variation of an existing pattern - some examples can be seen in the gif above!

Feel free to post your favourite egg combinations in the thread there!
EasterEggsMVZAvery.png

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, the mixing and matching possibilities! All the fun of egg dyeing without the mess. :kaoluv:
Thank you.

BlueVikingr

The Dragonbirb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, those are adorable! Now I need to add an egg hunt minigame to my game. :kaoluv:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Test game. Find something broken. Fix. Re-test game. Broken thing fixed but new thing broken that wasn't before. What?!?! Uhg! :kaoangry:
I watched this youtube video of this reporter that went to a Flat Earth Conference. And there was just a whole lot of stupid in one room.
What?! You want 2 more hours of a playthrough? Well you got it! Come hang out with us while we dive even deeper into the awesome game Kindred Novel by BirdBunch! :LZSjoy:
Well, shoot. I didn't mean for the title screen to be there in my previous post.
Can everyone here just forget about that until I'm actually ready to formally announce it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erulia