cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are already modern icons, but there's so many fantasy icons (not just here) that, for balance, modern-themed icons would be great.

radiantcross13

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I second cabfe about modern icons...modern icons are always nice! I would like to see modular guns too...handgun...shotguns...rifles. Anything either post-apocalyptic or cyberpunk would be welcome as well!

Still, anything Avy does ends up being awesome, so I will be happy with anything she makes! ;)

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
For the advent calendar, I'd like more skill icons. For example, an explosive shot (for a bow/crossbow), a smokescreen (something for the user to hide in), an icon for stealth, an icon qith a quiver for a skill like re-load/empty the quiver. I'd also like some equipment icons for a crossbow, like https://www.knightsedge.com/images/Product/medium/tower-guards-crossbow-4612.jpg (mediëval style corssbow) and some crossbow bolts http://www.swordsandarmor.com/images/CB-Bolt_Quivver_Set.JPG (this one also has a quiver)

All in 24x24 Ace style please :) let me know if anything is unclear.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are allowes to drop any inspiration here. Themes, Images, everything you'd love to see. Please remember that I can't do everything!There is no limit, write down what you love to see.
Hmm... well, if it gives you any inspiration, here's what I'd love to see:

I'd like to see your magic icons reorganized by element and spell type, and then fill in any gaps to form a complete themed set (similar to your matching equipment sets). Some ideas about what I mean by different "spell types":

single target (rays/beams/sparks/flames, that sort of thing)

small AOE (cone/burst)

large AOE/environmental effects (blizzard/meteor/tornado)

weapon enchants (already done!)

armor/shielding/cloak spells

elemental summons

If you aimed for 8 spell types for each for the 8 default elements (fire, ice, electric, water, earth, wind, holy, and dark) that would be an end-goal of 64 icons to make a complete matching set. By my count, you've already got about half already done. I don't know if this is the sort of inspiration you were looking for, but personally I think it would be glorious! :)

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not making a request, but a suggestion:

Making icons matching the default animations would be cool. Since a lot of people use the default animation. :)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I already had that idea, but it was an insane workload and I had no concrete images in my head^^ I'll keep the idea, maybe one day^^

Current Icon calendar progress:

5 days are finished and in total I am roughly 26% done if I just stick with the planned amount.

Thank you all for the inspiration ideas so far, I just have to admit that in my case images work a lot better as inspiration than descriptions. Feel free to put a spoiler with inspiration images here, I don't bite at all (well, depends on how you act here ;3)

What I wish for christmas (and I am just saying it now) would be to see, how you use my icons in your game (if you do that).

So, maybe, it would cool if you show me some nice screens after the calendar was finished^^'

So far, I am now again working on content and I am hoping it will turn out well^^

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you all for the inspiration ideas so far, I just have to admit that in my case images work a lot better as inspiration than descriptions. Feel free to put a spoiler with inspiration images here, I don't bite at all (well, depends on how you act here ;3)
What I wish for christmas (and I am just saying it now) would be to see, how you use my icons in your game (if you do that).
In my game, gemstones are the basic healing items (blue gems are HP, red are MP, green are status) and I'm using your icons together with the RTP to provide more variety:

jewelshop.jpg

As for suggestions, what I'd love to see is things like sports equipments and other improvised weapons. Whack the enemy with a golf club or a poker!

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Avery, it's been awhile since I've stopped by. Just wanted to say that you are amazing, and I could never be disappointed, even if you just gave us 1 icon for your advent calendar. You are incredibly generous, and I wish more people would see that and stop taking advantage of you. Anyway, thank you.

Suggestions for the advent calendar, maybe fairy themed? Like little fairy houses and pixie staffs, idk, I could use em in my game so it would be nice to see, even if a bit random. xD

radiantcross13

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Avy, if you feel like making modern/sci-fi weapons or other stuff for the calendar, I think you could get good inspiration from the Fallout franchise. You could easilly find hi-res picture of weapons and armors from Fallout 3 or New Vegas on the wikia. There's also pictures of in-game models for most items (healing, junk, components, etc.). Plus, lots of the guns and armors are quite original, like custom made weapons with duct tape on them or patched-up armor made from different stuff.

It's just a random suggestion though, it of course has nothing to do with the fact that Falllout 4 came out this week...I swear!  :p

Honestly, I realise it wouldn't fit an advent calendar at all...but it would fit the current hype about Fallout among post-apocayptic fans!

Still, it's only a suggestion. Your time is too precious (as is everyone's actually) not to do what you feel like!

A good day to everyone and good luck on the calendar Avy! (although with your talent luck is irrelevant! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here's a gentle reminder that you won't be able to make any requests when the advent calendar is running and that there are only two weeks left til that.

I am recovering and I guess I'll be allright soon again. While being ill I am very slow, but I am confident about finishing the work in time :)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then can I request something :3? I searched in the icon list and didn't seem to be there: A simple towel.

Hopefully, further description isn't necessary in this case.

Style: VXA.

Thx.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi Avy, I'm here to distract you from making advent calender icons request some icons :3

Icon nr. 1: Jester Hat based on MV RTP Jester

Style: 24*24

Reference: MV's People2-7 (Do you want me to post the image?)

Icon nr. 2: Cleaning brush

Reference: Preferably like this.

Icon nr. 3: Wine Bottle (Bordeaux)

Reference: Like this one please.

Never mind, I just recoloured one of your bottles.

Icon nr. 3: Serving platter

Reference: Like this one please.

Thank you very much in advance and good luck with the advent calendar. I can't wait to see them all :D

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A

Whoa, I finally managed to pack 24 presents for you guys^^'

Here's a small preview what might expect you (one icon or part of every day):

(Can you name some of them and even guess what will be the theme for that day?)

I'll take care of the requests before December 1st, but I could only hardly finish the calendar in time >_<

darkkitten

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you for the modern icons :)

What are your terms of use by the way?

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

(Can you name some of them and even guess what will be the theme for that day?)
Let me guess... haste (or retreat - dodge), saddle, Wings helmet, tiara-like thing, ummm an axe (that is easy) two more crossbows, a sword, a blade weapon of somekind,  a ring, I might have a lot of imagination here, but that is what I "see" while waiting for every asset to unpack. :p

Loved your idea!

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Could you make some modern clothes please? so my game can say what there wearing like on Tales of Graces f
A White shirt with a light brown cardigan over the top the shirt is open at the top a little
A Black kimono can it be the bottom half of the kimono with the top folded over it and it has cherry blossoms on it

A white shirt Shirt with a darkish blue jumper over the top of it the collar of the shirt is over the top of the jumper

Thanks then I could fill in the body section with the partys outfits
Proberly doing the advent calendar but whenever your free that would be cool

I have one more but the rules said not more than 3 at a time

I tried to find the best reference ideas I could off google xD

595.JPG

1479352_fpx.jpg

Grey-font-b-Brown-b-font-2015-Autumn-new-Fashion-font-b-Long-b-font-Sleeve.jpg

View attachment 26710

e0bf485a312f246ec37747f535a7e1c2.jpg

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Denied.

It is not possible to bring that amount of detail on an icon (pattern on a folded kimono?)

Also I am really fed up of people asking for stuff instant without showing any appreciation for the work of the artist. Really, I am a human being and no paid support where you leave your tasks and done. It is sad that I am again considering a rule that people have to give feedback or at at least a little recognition before they may ask for anything because to me it is common sense that you don't throw you request somewhere and done and there should be no need to mention it.

I won't take any requests from now on till the end of the calendar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessebug