Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​
I am laaaaaate. Sorry.​
Just to make it clear: when I make fandom icons, I don't suppose you to make a fangame to use them. What I expect is that you use them for cameo purpose, for example that there is a quest by a blonde magican girl who gives you her rod as reward "because she again already got a new one" (Sailor Moon). Just some little wink for those who know (and like the fandom), too.​
I thought about something I love, with recognizable Items and that is also very well known by most of you, so I cam up with Harry Potter^^​
Some of the designs are similar to the ones in the movies, but not all. I am pretty sure the key and snitch look a little different for example^^ The open one is the egg in the trimagic tournament (this is the translation for that, huh? I've read them all in German)​
 ​
I wish you all a magical St Nicolaus Day!​
 ​
 ​
Would you use Cameo Items in your game? Do you have a funny/cool suggetion of how they could be used in game (you can refer to icons I made for today, the ones in the fandom section of the sheet or something that hasn't been made (yet?))
 ​
 ​
Bonus:
Quick addition to Day 1, some examples what you can do with that:

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fandom items and references are cool, I think its best when you use them subtly. In my first game I did a number of references to other video games (mostly rpgs). In one mini-quest you confront a thief and choosing to turn him over to the town guard nets you a Lucky Star Badge. It's meant to be a reference to the sheriff star accessory from the wild arms series.

radiantcross13

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cameos are always a nice addition to any project IMO. In mine, there is literally tons of cameos from multiple sources. For exemple, all NPCs in my game have names, so it can be as simple as a NPC with the same name as a known character with a roughly similar appearance (not fantasy names like Cloud, real names like Harry for exemple).That way the reference is obvious without the character being the same. I think it adds a nice touch without feeling too much out of place.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 5

Oh my my! Incredible!!!
A nice cell phone. A usb stick revisited. Good.
The pills and the dollar though, especially the dollar, are jaw dropping!
Briefacase and bag. Fantatic too. The bag was more challenging I suppose.
The camera is INCREDIBLE for its details into such a small icon.
The bullets are indeedn RE inspired and I can really remember the game by just looking at the icon.
So whic is my favorite, the dollar or the camera? I don't know! Both are FANTASTIC!

What type of game in a modern setting would you make in RM/do you make in RM/would you love to see maden in RM?
Answer:
I make a modern horror game (no zombie) in a more adventure style really. I really don't like the common jumpscare shovelwares that are made. I don't wanna be mean, this is my biased PERSONAL opinion. I strongly believe that horror is not just a bunch of jumpscares here and there. But just being a critic is easy. I always ask a critic to come out of his/her comfort zone and show us how he/she can make it better.
Thus, I have to show to people what I personally like, how to do it and maybe even inspire people in making more atmospheric stuff, well directed etc etc.
For instance I played and liked Ib. The Mad Father was also interesting. In the end it had an action scene that put me out of the horror mood and into a survival action one, but it was in the end, so it didn't affected the game really.
The game will be story driven, with weight put into detailed atmosphere. I am not sure if that makes sense in English, what I want to say is that I try to make perfect atmosphere, fitting well with the rest of the elements. If it will be directed correctly, it will unravel a story with much replayablility value. I have some ideas going on in my mind for that game.
Not sure if it is gonna be commercial or not, but eventually I want to make this at LEAST, worth the playtime the audience will spend on it.

Day 6

The new items you made are fantastic. I like the pendant a lot!!!
And here is a bonus of golden keys to see how to use stuff, just 'cause! Wow Avery! Christmas came early for all of us because of you! :p

My uncle is named after the Saint too. I also wish you the same wishes you spread. :D

Happy name day to all Nicks and Nickolets.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love the Gameboy and the swords also that flying key looks pretty cool nice work

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't personally use cameos.  They can be fun, but I prefer my works to be as immersive as possible.  The fan icons can still be useful though, there are a few that are a bit more generic and can be used for other things, especially with a little recoloring and used with a different context.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Wow, these are really amazing! And all that food would be perfect for my game! 

Just one quick question:

Can you use this for RPG Maker MV? 

I am sure that some already asked this question, but.... reading through 56 pages is... a bit much.

So sorry ><

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not as is.  MV's icons are 32x32, so you'd either have to arrange them with more spacing on the sheet or resize them.  Avery does not wish to see her icons resized, as it makes them blurry and you lose some of the artistry.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Ah... ok too bad but cant be helped ^^ 

Thank you for the fast answer :3

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​

​
Day 5 were quite basic items for a modern game, huh? At least that was my opinion so I spend too much time on resizing them also so they can be used as Big Icons as well. There is also a pistol done yet (I will upload a rearranged BigIconset after christmas where you can easier find stuff) so the ammo should come in quite handy.​
My favourite icons are the dollar note and the medicine.​
And *wink* to Sharm, here's a communication item^^​
 ​
 ​
So we have seven days made, which is your favourite day so far?

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 ​

​
Surely the dollar is the most detailed one.

The blister with the pills is also very real-like. I like it.

Can't wait to see what else you got for unpacking.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't choose between days 2 and 4 for favorites.  I really like the backpack.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know I'm really torn between Days 1 and 7.  I know I will most likely use the modular keys and earrings in multiple projects, but the detail on those Big Icons is friggin' amazing.

The details on the pills are amazingly accurate (I've had pills that just like that, even the little creases at the ends and in the middle).  That backpack is great and the flash drive looks just like the real thing.  You may have changed my mind about big icons.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So far my favorites are the modular swords and the crossbows (don't remember which days those were). Nothing against the more modern ones but I typically stick to more fantasy games. If I ever need modern ones though I certainly know where to look.

gloopmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
My favorite day would be the modular swords; I really like the modular stuff, it's quite useful. Having options is better than not, eh?

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​
 ​
 ​
Short post today, I am sorry.​
Gems and Minerals were a must have (and I think Sharm wished for them?) and I had fun doing a little research to get some interesting ones done^^ My favorite is the last one, I loved playing with the colors^^​
 ​
Which is your favourite gemstone (irl)?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For all our mining mini game needs!  I like the tiger eye best.  It looks just like it should. :)  The purple quartz is really nice too.

DBDragoner

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, theses are so pretty. Does jade count as a gemstone? If not then amentist is my favorite. I adore that last gemstone you made.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The ruby and the last one are my favorites. The last one shines ridiculously real-like.

Now about irl favorite stones... this is hard....

I really like the shine of diamonds, the color of emeralds and rubies... but what makes me REALLY like a piece of jewellery is a blue sapphire.

I just love blue. So sapphire takes the cake! :p

Raider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Fantastic icons Avery ;)

There wasn't a single day where I couldn't use anything from your icons. My favorite days are 6 and 7, the Harry Potter Icons give me a nostalgic feeling and I thought immediately that I have to play the first Harry Potter games for PC again. And the big icons from 7 look incredibly detailed, I bet you could make a wonderful menu like that one in the "Professor Layton" games with them. The other days are also awesome though. 

Keep up the good work, I'm curios what else will come :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Violent ball of 80's TV electricity* "Oww!! Stupid @ImaginaryVillain and his plugin, he didn't say time travel hurts! And why am I naked??"
It was at 3am Pacific May 25 that Skynet was created. And it came in the form of a messenger plugin so powerful it now runs my randomizer and does it better than the randomizer itself did. What have I created? :kaoback:
Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
Im so glad that im into 16/32bit games because i'd never be able to create any assets for something more complex :p
I was thinking of MAYBE (a big maybe) starting an soundtrack resource thread where I would post one track per week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urosawa