Avy's Icon Workshop [new wind icons]

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eggs and bacon is my favorite icon, while spaghetti is also nice.

The empty plate is a nice addition. It can be combined with lots of things.

First off if I recall right, no... let me check... oh YES I AM RIGHT!

We got a cut finger, a liver, a brain and many more things to put into a plate to create more horror icons. ;)

Just an idea.

My favorite food... gee this is hard...

I have not a favorite, because I love a lot of foods, but I can distinguish one for you:

WARNING: Contains delicious picture, do not press if you are on a diet! :p

The following picture is a gourmet presentation of a traditional food. Imagine a big deep plate full of it in front of you, not a perfect photo concept like here.

It is called "Spetzofai", "ΣΠΕΤΖΟΦΑΪ" in Greek (copy paste on google translate to listen to it)

Sausages, boiled into a heavy red tomato sauce with onion and green, orange, red peppers cut down and boiled together to give a fantastic blend of flavours and visual apetit.

Some spices are invovlved but the main concept is that. You take bread, and eat the sauce, while sausages and peppers deliver you a gourmet experience.

A cheap and easy to make dish. Absolutely love it, if made right.

Last edited by a moderator:

radiantcross13

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would have to go with seafood as my favorite, although it's hard for me to digest. I have kind of an intolerance, but love it so much that I still eat some from time to time. I guess that means it really is my favorite then!

I love pizza as well (anything with lots of cheese actually). So, like you can probably guess, that means I really love seafood pizza! :p  

Which makes me wonder...Avy, what is YOUR favorite food? 

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
My favourite food? Hard to say. I love many things, self made noodles with fillings are something I love but they take a lot of time. It depends a lot in which mood I am.

​
 ​
I have not much to tell about today, I am not that good at coming up with good ideas for icons for skills but I know they are always needed.​
 ​
No question today, sorry, I just came from work and just need some rest >//<​

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks good avery, I think as far as skills go even having variation for similar types would be a great boon. By that I mean having a few variations for fire spells and etc... Most of the time you see the one fire icon etc...

I like the moon here the best.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally like them. If that's your worst then you are awesome! :p

PandaMaru

little red panda
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Uh, my favourite food is Tortellini Cabonara. *droll*

I totally agree with Sharm and Vox - the moon is so beautiful. *-*

But... the fire spitting dragon is awesome too.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dem skill icons.

10/10 - would stare at dat moon over the real moon again.

radiantcross13

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really like the dragon as well, which is the perfect icon for a firebreathing skill. This kind of icons can also be used for states IMO. I might actually use the lightbulb for an intelligence buff in my project!

The spirit/ghost thing could be used for a "Possession" skill and/or state as well.

The moon is indeed awesome as well, I just don't know what I would personnaly use it for though. Maybe as a HUD icon for a night/day cycle system in a future project or something.

Interesting icons...and as always, quality work from Avy! You rock! :rock-right:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​
 ​
I'm so late again, sory. I got distracted by working on other things, so many deadlines that are way too close to each other.​
 ​
Well. I thought about equipment icons and we also previously talked about that there are some types of weapons that barely have icons. It is quite interesting that there are tiles and sprites for eastern games, but much less icons to that topic. So, I opened wkipedia and searched for excatly that topic because I have to admit - I know a lot about middle european history and could pixel neolithic pottery without even research, but not that much about asian history.​
the dagger slipped inbetween, it is unrelated to that research and more oriental inspired.​
There is a good chance that some of them are the only existing RM icon for that type of weapon ;3​
 ​
Can you name any of the weapons?

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 ​
There is a good chance that some of them are the only existing RM icon for that type of weapon ;3​
 ​
Can you name any of the weapons?
These are my guesses:

The First is a Kusarigama or chain sickle

The Third is a Ge or Dagger-Axe.

The Fourth one is either a Naginata or more likely a Guandao

The Sixth one is a Three Section Staff

The Seventh is a Chain Whip

btw these are sweet.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, The Infamous Bon Bon got most of them.  The missing ones are 2: A butterfly dagger perhaps? and 8: Karambit.  If you do non-european weapons again, I'd like to see a Kukri.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome more asian inspired weapons, you always see Katanas of course but its nice to have this variety. If you ever do indian weapons I'd love to see katars.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow, The Infamous Bon Bon got most of them.  The missing ones are 2: A butterfly dagger perhaps? and 8: Karambit.  If you do non-european weapons again, I'd like to see a Kukri.
I will second that, and also mention a Kris would be good, too. They both have very distinct shapes that could make very nice icons.

I recognized a lot of the weapon you made, but couldn't put a name to many of them, very good work, especially on the Kusarigama (Thanks Bon Bon.)

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I will second that, and also mention a Kris would be good, too. They both have very distinct shapes that could make very nice icons.

I recognized a lot of the weapon you made, but couldn't put a name to many of them, very good work, especially on the Kusarigama (Thanks Bon Bon.)
I prefer Chris instead of Kris personally *pummeled with tomatoes"

I agree that it would be cool to put a name with them *if only to stop everyone asking what the weapons name is later*.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My favourite food? Hard to say. I love many things, self made noodles with fillings are something I love but they take a lot of time. It depends a lot in which mood I am.

​
 ​
I have not much to tell about today, I am not that good at coming up with good ideas for icons for skills but I know they are always needed.​
 ​
No question today, sorry, I just came from work and just need some rest >//<​
Your work is always beyond beautiful, Avery! An idea I had for skill icons was a general one. Black orbs for black magic, white orb for white magic, or colored ones for elemental magic, etc. I just don't have the talent (or time) to do it. Please note that this is NOT a request but a suggestion.(I just want to make that clear!  :)

Please keep up your beautiful work! 

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
 ​
 ​
Since I started seriously with RTP styled icons I made only few that really suck in my opinion, but still. On some points I just had to be fine with what I could do at that point even if I was not fully satisfied. So, from time to time I go back, pick up those that were the best I could do at that point and remake them. Especially the celtic knot what something that really bothered me and the waffle. And when i started I found so much more that could use a second try...​
 ​
What do you think about remake of resources? Useful? Or would you prefer new content?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm.  I'm not sure.  I like new content but I also think there's a significant improvement in these icons.  They're a lot clearer and easier to see what I'm looking at.  I can't decide which I'd prefer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle