HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm already noticing surgical masks appearing in video games. Not sure how I feel about that, from an immersion standpoint, but I don't believe we have a good mask icon for MV. Would you make one?

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I don't own VX Ace, but can I still use your icon set that's the same icons as VX-ace, but redone in your own style?
I'm not sure, and I just want to know for certain before I go using it.
I'm still early in development, so no rush, but it looks really cool, and I'd love to use it!

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Avery, thank you so much for all your work. Any time I need something, yours are the first threads I seek out. I saw your MV modular keys, but since I'm using XP they were too big......only to discover in my search for a compass icon that you have XP-sized modular keys too!! And pastries, and fruits, and jewelry, and locks, and holiday items, and Harry Potter items, and--

Is there nothing you don't do? The more I look, the more I see! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us. You're a fount of inspiration!

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used your beautiful icons in the game I made for the jam. I used some of your MV things as well, but I figured just one notification would be more polite :cutesmile:. Your icon library is just about my favorite resource ever.

KenSoulslayer

Graphic Designer/JS Dev
Reaction score
First Language
Hindi
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As a fellow artist and aspiring game dev, I am really thankful for the shear quality these icons sets have that you made! Thank you so much for your effort! This saved me a **** ton of time!

I think I wished was present,whenever and if you have the time to, is more modular weapons (like claws, wands, magic stuff, etc)!

Anyways thanks a lot! I would be making the other weapon sets myself at a later stage if you dont have time!I just wanted to focus more on learning game dev at this point!

Last edited:

Skyroar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Avery!

I really love your MV's iconset. I've decided to give each of my game's elemental spells a different icon, based on how many there are available to pick from your work, however, I've noticed there's an odd absence of wind and thunder themed icons. Is there any particular reason for that?

EDIT: Nevermind, found them. They were not on the first page.

Last edited:

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone ! The terms of use for the icons do not mention anything about engine. Are those icons usable in non-RM engines ?

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Don't think so.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, my icons cannot be used outside of RM games. Some are edits (as the Ace "upscales" or a handful of the Ace icons) or heavily reference MV objects (as some of the designs are very clearly the ones of the MV weapons and so on. Those are very tiny things, but I am rather on the safe side.

My last months have been crazy and I had 5 grade-creating events (as: hand in of a huge project, exam, presentations...) in the last 8 days, so I am kinda "done" for now.

Anyways, as kind of a stress relief, I made an icon every now and then between rendering 3D scenes, video cutting and learning how to calculate the lifespan of data.

AvyIconsnew.png

So, what do we have?
It started with branded soda cans, each of the sparkly ones has their own pattern and they are edits of the one I already have. I thought it would be cool to have the possibility to use them as heal items in a modern game with different effects for example (as in Pokemon red/blue/yellow xD). The berries came after I realized there was a certain lack of berries, the picks were kinda random, but you can never have too few berries. And then the leek, as I felt we need more vegetables as well. Food section could definitly have more stuff, as all sections, but now you have some more options I guess.

Second row are edits of the candle, I though you can use it as ligh source (with on/off when activated) and decide to not have the lower golden thing,

Third row are plants and a shroom. They are from scratch but intended to replace the Yanfly upscales that are in Yanfly's set (as you can see in the full set, some gaps have closed)

Then a battery, modern games can use them for many things, as in "You can only use the flashlight if you have 2 batterys"

Animal collectables, for potion making, fishing, or just loot.

More weapons and armor... I feel like every section needs more stuff, so here are at least a few more fantasy equipment things.

Tools, as a normal axe (could double as weapon) and a screw. I think screws would make cool elements as you could either steal screws to weaken something or add them to repair something :3

A bronze bracelet... counts as "random equipment" I guess. You see, I had no plan, just did very random things.

Speech bubbles, I though I had them, couldn't find them and so I made new ones.

Sun and Moon, both fitting for spells or day/night systems :3

And last but not least, random skull variations^^

Here is the full set as of now:
Iconset_Avery_MVZ_January_2021.png

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've missed your icons these last few months. Thank you for sharing them with us!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
That latest set is awesome! ^^ I wonder if you'll do all numerals on the D12 and D20 dices? Or is it permitted to mod them (I think not from memory, but need a refresher)?

Also, I wonder if you'll do all other type sets of dice (Because I am partial with D10 and percentiles and two tones, but it is me being somehow a choosing beggar -sorry-!)

Nalia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much! The icons are splendid!

GameDevMike2020

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for creating these absolutely amazing assets. That is all.

CloudzChow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, my icons cannot be used outside of RM games. Some are edits (as the Ace "upscales" or a handful of the Ace icons) or heavily reference MV objects (as some of the designs are very clearly the ones of the MV weapons and so on. Those are very tiny things, but I am rather on the safe side.

My last months have been crazy and I had 5 grade-creating events (as: hand in of a huge project, exam, presentations...) in the last 8 days, so I am kinda "done" for now.

Anyways, as kind of a stress relief, I made an icon every now and then between rendering 3D scenes, video cutting and learning how to calculate the lifespan of data.

View attachment 175582

So, what do we have?
It started with branded soda cans, each of the sparkly ones has their own pattern and they are edits of the one I already have. I thought it would be cool to have the possibility to use them as heal items in a modern game with different effects for example (as in Pokemon red/blue/yellow xD). The berries came after I realized there was a certain lack of berries, the picks were kinda random, but you can never have too few berries. And then the leek, as I felt we need more vegetables as well. Food section could definitly have more stuff, as all sections, but now you have some more options I guess.

Second row are edits of the candle, I though you can use it as ligh source (with on/off when activated) and decide to not have the lower golden thing,

Third row are plants and a shroom. They are from scratch but intended to replace the Yanfly upscales that are in Yanfly's set (as you can see in the full set, some gaps have closed)

Then a battery, modern games can use them for many things, as in "You can only use the flashlight if you have 2 batterys"

Animal collectables, for potion making, fishing, or just loot.

More weapons and armor... I feel like every section needs more stuff, so here are at least a few more fantasy equipment things.

Tools, as a normal axe (could double as weapon) and a screw. I think screws would make cool elements as you could either steal screws to weaken something or add them to repair something :3

A bronze bracelet... counts as "random equipment" I guess. You see, I had no plan, just did very random things.

Speech bubbles, I though I had them, couldn't find them and so I made new ones.

Sun and Moon, both fitting for spells or day/night systems :3

And last but not least, random skull variations^^

Here is the full set as of now:
There's green corner at the iconset

SirCumferance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is right up there with whtdragon, and I love their stuff.
Thank you so much

Are we allowed to tweak the icons to use, as long as we dont claim as our own?
For example
1619024432550.png

Last edited:

Jehinc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice! I love the VXACE set! All sorts of icons for just about all genres! :wub Thanks!

Knightlock

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I really love your works and I would love to use them as much as possible. I'm still a fledgling bit artist, so I have to rely on others for now.

That being said, can I request a food bowl/plate icon of some sort? Something that can be used as an icon for cooked food items in general.

Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

MrSaturnMZ.png Can confirm that Mr. Saturn is appearing in Vtubers Vs MOTHER and here's the MV/MZ compatible sprite sheet for them.
Final Fantasy IX is apparently getting an animated adaptation - coming from IGN, so this news has bite to it. FF9 is one of the best turn-based RPGs ever imo. https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-9-animated-series-announced
I hope everyone is well. Just a quick update, I am working on my college degree right now so that's why I've delayed a lot of my Old RPG maker projects until further notice. I hope you're all making good progress and that you have fun working on them gems. Keep hammering away.
Don't think I can ignore this anymore, but it only happens like once a day. Not sure why my entire pc slows down though, its using a lot of memory but not compared to my max. Seem the thread about updating the nwjs it a while ago, it just looked like a pain/tldr :p
nwjs.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luxamalon