Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's true, the default clothing options are not really suiting for these type of characters. Sadly, with all the SV Poses and having to make 3 different types of resources to make them work, Generator parts are just too time consuming for me right now ._. I guess the only thing i could get away with would be face features that don't require SV and TV parts:rswt
It's okay, you already gave so many good things to RPG Maker MV and you should take care of yourself foremost :LZSsmile:
Thanks for replying :D

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hope you all have some books on your wishlist for christmas, as there can never be too many books in one's household!
Anyways, you'll get some more on day 8, to have your libraries filled and your mages busy reading new stuff :3
books.png

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Time for a shoutout to @hiddenone , who is not only an amazing artist but also a great person!
You can find her amazing stuff here, and if you are looking for awesome non-human SV Battlers, generator parts and more you are at the right place.
She has for example an SV Battler of the default bat, and also a whole bunch of recolors. I gave the RTP bat an additional pose for more flavour in game and recolored it, the default and down sprite and the face to give you all everything you need, to implement all of hiddenone's bat battlers in your game ;D
RTPBat_Avery.png batfacesrecolor.png

Windyhouser

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The black one with the red eyes is totally a vampire in disguise. I can definitely see a boss introduction with the eye opening. It's always so nice to have more poses for monsters, instead of just wandering the map aimlessly.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
On day 10 it's time to get ready to fight!
Over time I have made a lot of battle weapons, but they have no creesponding icons... yet. Or?
Well, I sat down and made a whole bunch of weapon icons in my MV style for a more immersive use of most of the weapons (I think only a handful are missing by now). Well then people, grab your weapon and use it for whatever you need it for!
Weapon icons.png

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice!! More Icons is never a bad thing! I know I'm using at least half of those weapons in my current main project.. Hehe. :)

Great work!
-MIA

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have so much variety and so much work put into your event, it's admirable.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 11, and we come closer to the second half of the calendar... today we have the faces matching to my owl sprites and battlers :3
You can now have them as NPCs and if you combine them with hiddenone's SV battlers, you can even have owls as party actors!
owl_face_avy.png

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
On Day 13, I have another addition to the resources that go well mit @hiddenone s resources! I edited my previous fox to fit her battlers better and recolored it to each of her variation. To make the content a bit more exciting, i made an additional downed version for each of the versions, so you can have more immersive encounters... or a hero that sometimes sleeps or faints.... whatever you like :3
foxy.png

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OOH! This makes my heart smile! The more animal varieties there are, the better. Great job! :)

-MIA

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Incredible work as always. Really loving the huge steel doors and all the new icons. This really is going to be a Merry Christmas! :)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
As everyone sees, I'm usually posting too early, but my days are lately so long that I just rather have it done before I go to sleep so everyone can see it on the according day (spoilers are okay, depends on yourself ;) ).
Anyway, day 14 is again some icons - because we all know, icons are something very useful :3
iconsAdvent_Avy.png
My iconset has all of the basic basic stuff I guess, and now I try to make it more attractive to everyone... while it's hard to say what people might need, I made some guesses:
Some christmas-y icons in case you have eastereggs or an christmas theme
Some modern stuff, sunglasses, medic boxes and a pair of scissors seemed to be things that can be uses in a lot of modern game :3
And last, a ring of ice and a ring of fire - for some elemental magic I think?

CrowStorm

baby we're the new Romantics!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those owl faces are awesome and Avery...just WOW...like, the bonus icons in this thread are really nice but I also want you to know that the 100s of icons you've made are really the unsung hero/unseen backbone of my project. I am so grateful you made them.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Avery, I really like all your images and hard work you put into these resources. I especially liked the Big Monster set. I was hoping that maybe you could complete the entire sprite-set? It would really make my game complete. Thank you! You're awesome!

Windyhouser

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those fire and ice rings are beautiful! And I am personally of the opinion that no game can ever have enough cookies. :guffaw:

CrowStorm

baby we're the new Romantics!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 10 was perfect timing. I needed a rapier. I didn't have an Avery icon of a rapier. Now I do. Nice when things work out like that!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
On Day 15, we are going to talk again about tiny details that can make your game a lot more immersive.
I wondered, how to show that the things are going to be very serious before a battle... well, nothing says's more than hiding your face to be ready to battle, I guess. So I made not only a behaviour but also a sprite with the change, so you can keep this feature through a whole cutscene for example :3
battle.gif
helmet.png visir.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 28)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokdo2005