Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As always, @Avery, you have the best stuff! That's why I have bookmarked your threads. Please, keep it coming!

Lucy Fox

Chosen Undead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Amazing Avery strikes again! °O°

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely wonderful. We should definitely appreciate a beautiful, full-figured cave. Thank you, Avery! 

YuiDemonia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this is really great, avy! Keep up the great work! :D

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, curves are definitly sexy! Maybe I should aim for a smoking hot *wink* cave next?

After that icy cold cave something cute to warm up your hearts:

eufnmhxd.gif

ozl8ev7m.png
ogk4se8x.png

feckyeslife

Sleepy Cat Mom
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AHH TOO CUTE! I don't know how, but this li'l cutie pie must show up in my project T_T

Kbones007

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver

sushibyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi! I love your towers and I have been trying to resize them so they can fit in a project. I'm going for 768 x768 pixels but I'm still struggling, mainly because I'm not comfy with GIMP, I always found Photoshop to be more intuitive, anyways, Would it be too much to ask to resize the towers and in doing so that the entrace of the tower at the bottom of the image fits with the grid, so that my character can walk up right into it? 

right now at the size I have my tower, the grid in maker mv splits the entrance in two, so it dosen't make sense

Kniff808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! I love your towers and I have been trying to resize them so they can fit in a project. I'm going for 768 x768 pixels but I'm still struggling, mainly because I'm not comfy with GIMP, I always found Photoshop to be more intuitive, anyways, Would it be too much to ask to resize the towers and in doing so that the entrace of the tower at the bottom of the image fits with the grid, so that my character can walk up right into it? 

right now at the size I have my tower, the grid in maker mv splits the entrance in two, so it dosen't make sense

Pixlr.com/editor is a great site to use if you don't want to use photoshop.  You can just resize it smaller in there.

sushibyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
thanks a bunch Kniff, that is a pretty sweet site

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Searched for some university stuff in my folders and found this face I made quite a while ago but I never released in this thread before (or I oversaw it when I checked it):

kpmk6i3p.png

The perfect addition for everywant who wants to have a face graphic in your "You found 1 high potion" chest message ;3

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love that you keep creating things I don't realize I need until I see them. :)

Andronius

Apprentice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear @Avery THANK YOU for sharing your amazing art, your inspiration and your superb design skills with the community.

Like @chalkdust correctly said, filling the ENORMOUS gaps in the RTP is indeed a huge public service, making the default resources actually usable in a story. I love your Ogre and the fact that you provide both sprite AND face, so it's actually useable. Your chandeliers for mansions and castles are stunning, and I absolutely adore the prehistoric world map tiles and the Stoneage Market Items you made for Loneclaw (bless him for letting these tiles to be for public use as well). The facesets for the elemental spirits are so well done! Your Crop Collection, tho you say it was something you did in just a minute, is so nice and detailed: fundamental for any game with a Farming System (BTW tomatos urgently needed please). And your Towers, OH THOSE BEAUTIFUL TOWERS (as all your outdoor and indoor assets) are amazing, absolutely essential for my game

However, to actually USE immediately your assets, as well as those by @PandaMaru (also a gorgeous artist with impeccable taste), it's not always easy, specially for noobs like me without any editing skills whatsoever.

For instance, I downloaded your Towers and just pasted the PNG image in the folder, but when I go to the tilesets menu and try to use them in a map they appear incomplete, like "cut" in the lower part, don't know why. Then I tried (though I never, EVER use these programs) to resize the towers with GIMP, Photoshop and Pixlr.com/editor, naturally with no success (never done it before): the edited image does not fit the grid correctly (the door, for instance, ended up in the middle of a "line" of the grid, if that's the phrase), and the shrinked image didn't look quite good, since you made it perfectly, with the right size (one can tell with the plants and detailes you added). Also, since I'm a noob, when I dowload and install any asset (let's say the Tribal Market tiles) it occupies a whole page in the tileset, so I'm forced to choose between many things I've downloaded and I want them ALL to be available always without having to choose from a very limited collection of images. Isn't there any way like to "merge" or "combine" many assets and resources and tiles in a single Tileset Page? I'd appreciate very much if someone could kindly direct me to a very thorough tutorial for total noobs on how to handle tilesets and make the most of these wonderful resources. Thank you.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
The problem is, that it wouldn't be that helpful to put more of the smaller addons into larger sets as they are flexible and not meant to be used with certain tiles.

There are a lot tutorials to show how to put togehter tiles (and to be honest, you should learn this as it gives you much more flexibility in using tilesets).

This is made for ace, but besides the different grid size (48*48) the specifications are the same:

http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/Combining_Tiles_in_Gimp

The large towers (as the lighthouses) would take a lot of space on the tilesheet which makes it nearly impossible to add everything you need for your map as well. They are meant for parallax/overlay Mapping:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andronius : Check out some GIMP tutorials. It's VERY easy to use and figure out.

I've been on GIMP for a short while now, and have figure out how to make it do all the things I need it to do for me, without even looking at a single tutorial. It's very straight forward and easy to learn.. and believe when I say: it will make your editing tasks for RPG MAKER's a piece of cake!! :)

-Mia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there anyway to set Diagonal movement for the sideway stairs?

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there anyway to set Diagonal movement for the sideway stairs?

You can event it. That's how I handle it. I gather party, move diagonally whichever direction the stairs lead until they are done, and then presto! The illusion of walking up stairs.

(If you need more info, PM me. :) )

-Mia

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

MrSaturnMZ.png Can confirm that Mr. Saturn is appearing in Vtubers Vs MOTHER and here's the MV/MZ compatible sprite sheet for them.
Final Fantasy IX is apparently getting an animated adaptation - coming from IGN, so this news has bite to it. FF9 is one of the best turn-based RPGs ever imo. https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-9-animated-series-announced
I hope everyone is well. Just a quick update, I am working on my college degree right now so that's why I've delayed a lot of my Old RPG maker projects until further notice. I hope you're all making good progress and that you have fun working on them gems. Keep hammering away.
Don't think I can ignore this anymore, but it only happens like once a day. Not sure why my entire pc slows down though, its using a lot of memory but not compared to my max. Seem the thread about updating the nwjs it a while ago, it just looked like a pain/tldr :p
nwjs.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkaiAmeUltsch