Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, there is none.

As I stated in my status post, I had no time to prepare anything for advent. And that saddens me a little, I love to spread some joy during this time.

So I am going to try to fix it and prepare something little for every day - maybe finish some abadoned resources, doing some new stuff and just try to have at least something for you to be happy about. Deal?

*~1~*
gvacca79.png

Of course, there are many modern resources compoared to other makers now, but there was something missing for a cool pub, as I guess that most people don't play roulette in a bar ;3

So here is a little addon to every pub, hobby room or similar place! Have fun with it!

I am very open to small (aka not too time consuming!) suggestions for this! Certain pieces of furniture or specific battler weapons and so on!

palinskyjoe

affable madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery your work is so wonderful. thank you for being so kind and sharing it all!

i normally don't like to give suggestions but since you asked... i think it might be kind of neat to see like a jukebox of some variety? maybe that's complicated (or maybe someone has already done it?) but it could be cool to fill out the pub scenery with something like that. 

anyway, thanks for your work again! :)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
*~2~*

When I showed #2 to a friend of mine, his first response was: What? This didn't exist yet?

And yes, I remember that gmork made something like this for RMVX, but even those images are lost (his imagehoster went down and he never updated it) and I haven't seen anything similar for MV yet.

Time to add some live to your libraries, researching heroes and spellbooks!

375yzcdw.gif

og9wul6e.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for the double post, but it is a new day and a new seperate resource /)_(\

*~3~*

Time to teach you some German, guys. This is a "Maschendrahtzaun", literally translated a "mesh wire fence".

In a German court show on tv there was once a woman complaing that a snowberry bush would damage her "Maschendrahtzaun" - an entertainer used parts of this show and composed a pretty famous song - "Maschendrahtzaun". Yep.

This was a real case and her neighbour won - the bush was allowed to stay where it was and after she got famous because of the song and everybody knew the case, she moved away. The person who now owns the famous "Maschendrahtzaun" never had a problem with her neighbour or his plants.

v9e9jiyt.png

@Iliketea

Thank you so much! I am glad you like it :3

@palinskyjoe

Aw, thank you <3

Do you have a reference for a type of juke box you have in mind? I am not that often in pubs, so I have just a very vague idea of what is the basic jukebox model^^;

Moop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Always a treat to see your stuff!

If you are still looking for suggestions...

• Pet stuff like beds and chew toys?
  • Neon signs?

palinskyjoe

affable madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery I guess something like this would be my first thought? I feel like most pubs and bars have more modern digital music machines but that would be my first guess? Honestly, anything you make would be so fantastic. It was just a passing thought. :D

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I absolutely love this new christmas stuff :)  And you made me laugh when you explained the "Maschendraht"-Story :D

Made my day :)

mara_vertin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
O god... "Maschendrahtzaun". Now I have an earworm from this silly song. :D

Love the pool table and the animated books ... and all of your other stuff to be honest. Thanks for spending so much time to make and share them.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
*~4~*

Uh, #4 and I already have to play my wildcard. But I guess that's okay.

So, what do we have here? The game I wanted to play in November was about recognizing that I reused my big icons as battle weapons (with of course, adjusing, editing and pixeling some parts from scrach) - well, but noone wanted to play.

So these part 2 was abadoned - I had turned three small icons into big icons, ready to turn them into battle weapons, and then, when noone made a wish, they were left as they are. Today I gave them their final form as useful fantastic swords. (Maybe now someone has a wish of one of my little icons to be turned in a well made battle weapon? Attatch the one or two you choose and add them to your answer in this thread!)

ocpt2696.png

My very favourite is the bronze sword. It is historically accurate and I just love those weapons.

@162 Funnily a dog's house and a scratch post were on my list of ideas for this ;3 I hope I can do them in time^^

@palinskyjoe Today I was too busy but I'll definitly try to make one for the calendar^^ Thank you for the references :3

@McSundae It is really hard to tell the story without making it look like Germans are total ******s xD And now sing with me:"Maschendrahtzaun, Maschendrahtzaun..."

@mara_vertin Funnily, I made the fence without the song in mind. And when I finished and though "Oh, what's Maschendrahtzaun in english?" it was suddenly there :D Thank you for your feedback! <3

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Avery beautiful works! Thanks for your fantastic contributions!! ?

-Mia

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
*~5~*

Me: just something small today, I really had no break this weekend.

Inner Me: Do a generator part, it will be fun. You never created one, what could even go wrong?

I spent more time setting this thing up in the generator than creating it including drawing all the parts from scratch. Well. I guess, now I could do it in a few minutes, there's always a first time.

Today I have an elvish diadem for you, as I was missing something like that for the generator so far. It might work better with costum gradients because especially the golden part looks really weird when I use the default ones in the generator to recolor it.

Nevertheless, no matter how useless those things might be in battle (unless they are magical of course), I really like how it turned out! Have fun with it!

ecelk649.png

Variation:
kdwo7kaf.png

Face:

chsa4eqz.png
43tv53fi.png

TV:

a8tps8a7.png
yc3897wp.png

TVD:

tub6mdjq.png
xz28qils.png

SV:
c8bkd9hw.png
aj4wy7cl.png

@Miacuro

Thank you so much!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nearly had to skip today, I was just not at home all day.

But I managed to make this kitty cat kitten for you, a heavily edited version of the default cat :3 I made it's head larger compared to the body and also gave it larger ears.

And now I'll just fall asleep, see you tomorrow guys!

jaszkl3v.png

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Mesajia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Avery,

your work is as always brilliant. Thanks for the remind that songs like "Maschendrahtzaun" exist. I had a ohrwurm the rest of the day :D  The elven crown and the kitten are so cute *.*

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are all amazing! Thanks a lot Avery! The daily update makes me very excited to come here daily.  :cutesmile:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
*~7~*

To show how tired I am: I came home, spent over an hour on a resource that was started months ago and never finished because it took too much time (Maybe I will finish and release it tomorrow). Then I realised that I still had a second wildcard that I'm going to play now:

jbbghf7y.png

This was a non-exclusive commission but for some reason I never released it. So if you ever thought "Damned, I need a human sized spider pig in my game!" - Here it is!

Thank you so much for your comments and everything else! To see that I am able to spread some joy is the greatest thing in the advent time <3

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spider pig~ Spider pig. Does whatever a Spider pig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't cuz he's a pig. XD Good Job, Avy. :D

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
*~8~*

5buj7ti6.png

Who firstly recognizes this battler can make a wish (within a resonable size and commonly usable! Look at the other days to get an idea of the size.) I'll definitly fulfill at one point at the calendar.

Well, maybe you wondered what took me so long yesterday... and today... it was this. I don't even know why, I was just so slow /)_(\

I have started this months ago and never ever finished it, so for the calendar I took the wip and took it to a good use! Have fun with her!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.
So...I decided to make music for my game... Because i've never done anything musical in my life. I even failed music in school, you basically just had to show up to pass and I somehow failed xD
Original Character Contest Winners Season 3 Pack! is now live!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igorduffeck