mara_vertin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the offer. Maybe now I will really try it again (making these kind of doors). :LZScheeze:

Wonderful keys! And the - may I call them liquid bats? - look kinda yummy. :LZSjoy:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A

Not much time today, responses tomorrow^^; Also, one hour too early, but I am just too tired and have to keave the house really early tomorrow >_<

So, when I made the sprites I hough how cool low level monsters the bats were, but for that you need a corresponding battler, and here you go!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Excellent resources as always, @Avery! Just a quick question: will your advent resources be available for download in a zip (or other compressed file) at the end? Just curious, really.
Thank you for all your hard work and for sharing that work with the rest of us!

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow just what I was thinking: those amazing bats need bat-tlers! :D
Thanks a lot Avery! You're one step ahead of us ;)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A

Wow, already more than 1/3rd is over D: Time is going way too fast, isn't it?

Thank you all for your comments, I am reading and appreciating them, but I can't keep answering them all :/ As for the two questions: I don't plan an updated .zip at the moment, though if I have the time I will try to update at least the start post between christmas and new year's eve. Also, I have everything prepared, though sometimes I make some additions if I have time and inspirations.

When I had the fairies done, I instantly though about the elementals, and I know that @chalkdust already made large elemental sprites. But I just don't feel well editing other people's work, so I made these from scratch on my new smaller fairy template. Fire was the hardest, Wind's wings were a little tricky as well, but I love how they turned out. I would love to see them and everything else ingame, so:

Post a screenshot where you use something of the calendar material, (please more than a plain grass field with a single char) and you have one wish for something small and resonable for the calendar free! (Deadline 13.12. for now, so I have enough time to fulfill the wishes!)

It has to be something that is free to use for everybody in the end and will be added to a later calendar day. Please add your wish to your post with the screen^^

~
~
~

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Post a screenshot where you use something of the calendar material, (please more than a plain grass field with a single char) and you have one wish for something small and resonable for the calendar free! (Deadline 13.12. for now, so I have enough time to fulfill the wishes!)
A new home for cute gelly-bat!

And if I can have something small... your MV icon style plank would be nice! :kaojoy:

Attachments

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, as requested a wonderful screenshot with my place holder graphic and his companion. I haven't really come up with a backstory for the wolf character, but it is no ordinary wolf. =^_^= It would be a spoiler, so no spoilers. The confrontation doesn't happen in this cavern, but I figure it was a more impressive of a place. This character is one of the antagonists, only he doesn't have to stay that way. WISH: My small wish o.o Cart, something small that you can place in the road or if that's too large save it as a future suggest.

Confrontation.png

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am very new to the RPGmaker community so please excuse the mostly RTP map and default window skin haha. Firstly I'd like to say that you are amazing Avery and were my inspiration for creating my own stuff ^.^ I made this little snippet from your calendar wolf and I hope you like it ^.^ There are also the A3 building tiles from your collection as well as some of whitedragon's snow covered Tileset B objects~ If I had one wish it would be for an ice flower that you'd see growing in the ground. As you can tell I am working on a snowy region but I think it'd make for good decorations or even quest items for others who have snow regions in their games. :3

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Avery , Thanks to you, my Wine Bats can now battle!!

Just in case you were interested, my wish would be a demon-sylph character in your new tiny-fairy sized!

:) Hope you're enjoying the season so far!
-MIA

Attachments

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I came home not too long ago (and yeah, I always post at midnight here), so you can guess I am very tired >_< I might not be able to keep the post time consistent...

Something - literally - small today, the RTP princess as child. Who doesn't want to have a backflash of the princess' earlier live, an annoying little sister or a psychotic female Jeoffry on the iron throne in their game?

To make her as usable as possible, also with matching face^^

And, you wouldn't believe it, M.I.A. wished for something I spontanously created few days ago xD

I was really proud how she turned out and wanted to save her up a little, but I guess I can hand it out now :D

Thank you all for the screens, I am so happy the resources have good new homes! I immeadiatly wished I could play those games right now :D
@M.I.A. Are you happy with her? :D
@Caitlin Do you mean... a carriage? Do you have an image of what you mean?
@fizzly Noted it and I'll try to fulfill that quick^^

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something that looked like it could carry people or goods in the back. You wouldn't believe how many times I looked for a wagon only to not find a single one for MV... o.o' I tried to upload the picture and it's been giving me issues so uploaded it to my stash on deviant art.
LINK: https://sta.sh/01thh1iic9gx

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Ooh, bribery. That's a good way to make me ACTUALLY learn how to edit tilesets for MV, rather than just hoard your art indefinitely XD

Featuring your Day 4 side doors, with guest appearances by side-facing bed and chest! I tweaked the sides of the doors a bit so that they vanished into the darkness, because that's how Aveyond does it what I'm used to looking at, haha. ...........or maybe I had them in the wrong place on the grid, will poke that further tomorrow. In hindsight, I reckon I had them in the wrong place on the grid.

Annah Screenie.png

(The disappointing thing is that the best part of my work on this screenie, by far, is "milord's" sprite--and he has his back to the camera XD)
(Also, I did not mean to leave that stack of plates on floor. Oh well? ^^; )

If you like what I did, I would love a little raven sprite. Flying or hopping, whichever is easier for you--I'm very fond of both. I have searched high and low and cannot locate such a thing. If I'm being dense (or blind) then please hit me with a squeaky hammer and past my suggestion slot on to the next person!

Last edited:

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Days 9 and 10 are among my favorites! Love the little sylph sprite! ;)

And thanks for all those doors. I'm stunned by the quality you're putting out.

I hope you're having a very happy advent too! :kaojoy:

mara_vertin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, this little sylph looks so creepy - I love it. :D

The little witch and her watery familiar (only one second away from freezing on the spot) are searching for the ice fairy, who turned all land into winter (and actually isn't too far away).
Schnee.jpg
Wolf: Can I eat her?
Ice fairy: Let's keep things civil, okay?
Wolf: ... ... Can I fetch her stick?
Ice fairy: There you go.

Don't know why but most of my characters seem to be somewhat messy. So if I could wish for something it would be very cool to have some rumple clothes you can place on the floor. Thanks! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 14)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!
'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dead_DJ