Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A

It has been a while, but @Lord Nanfoodle had asked for a lobster. I said nothing back then, but silently prepared it for the calendar. I don't even know why I release it in such a late day, but better late than never I guess?

Aaaaaand, additional a bun for the generator \o/ because we all know, that buns are pretty!
icon:

Face:

SV:

TV:

TVD:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Avery , there are some who may want to hurt me for admitting this.. but Rock Lobster is one of my favorite songs of all time.. hehe.

Love the lobster!!
-MIA

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now I need to make a game with a pet lobster! :3
Amazing stuff avery, a million thanks for all your hard work! :D

DarkHunter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[dpost]DarkHunter[/dpost] I know the excitement can be overwhelming with these beautiful resources, but you can edit your first post to keep it all in one. :)
I'm sorry because i was wrong for double posting....I just excitement :). I will be careful :thumbsup-left:

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the lobsters and the bun! Can almost make a lobster roll. :wink:

And here's a gift for you, since you like Terry Pratchett's books (I'm a big fan too)! Note: I'm not actually making a Pratchett game, but I just wanted to make a screenshot with your goodies. Your rug (and your icons and other assets), also played an important role in my game for IGMC, so thanks for sharing all your resources! :smile:

AveryGift.png

Lord Nanfoodle

Sage of the Order of the Onigiri
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those lobsters are amazing!! The teal one on the right even seems cuddly for some reason. :LZScat:

The buns are also a delight. I didn't even think about it at first, but there weren't any real bun styles in the generator outside of I think the twin bun one, so this is a nice addition.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
(I only just noticed you asked me a question a while back o.o But no, haven't read those. But I do remember those sprite by Tana. :D I think I use them in my game somewhere.)

As for today, those lobsters look amazing! Also those bun generator parts are so handy. I'm pretty sure I saw someone request something alike a while back in the forums. :)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A

Aaaaaand we are nearly done, huh?

Time to look in the sack and see what bits and pieces are left on the bottom!

And here we have something that could've become another icon day, but stayed a small but pretty flower set (+1 mushroom)^^

It is always hard to figure out, what my icon set needs, but I thought, with plants you can't do anything wrong.

Below that we have a modern set:

This was actually the first thing I created for the whole calendar, some cables and sockets, with a little gameplay element in mind, that you need to put in the plug to use an electrical thing like a computer or so. I later added the other things and really liked the set, especially the boardgame. But as I made few additional things, there was no full day left and it didn't really fit the other days topics.
Also I like the CD and it's case a lot^^

I later realised, that people might need a template for my new fairy style - so far I always edited my nature fairy when making other fairys, but a template is more handy I guess. I wanted to put it in a day with the sylph and other fairys I never created, so here it is:

Last but not least, something that was started for the 24, but I never finished though. Well, I mean, there is already a lot of interior stuff you can combine with those tiles. I was just aiming for some nice castle interior tiles, and while it is no full set, it is one of my favourite things I made for the calendar, especially the third wall. On the B set you find some small bits so the wall and floor can be combined more 3Dish... eh, no idea how to describe.

@SeaPhoenix Awwwww <3 Now I have to reread Hogfather and the Time thief <3 I am a huge pratchett fan (not insanely deep into the lore, but read all discworld books, most of them multiple times)^^ Hopefully Susan has a nice place for the doll, maybe she can bring it to her boarding school as well?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just had to test out the wall tiles, to see if they'd fit with the tiles I'm using (Celianna's Ancient Dungeons packs). I may have gotten carried away with the testing.

The blue is so the house's shadow can be visible.
Personally I think the tiles work nicely together, and I'm happy with how they turned out.
(The test "maps" were both made 100% in GIMP)

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Avery I'm gonna turn that 5 fingered cactus into a tileset!! I have been longing for a cactus that fit the style I wanted for my sand dunes!! :)

-MIA

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ended up on the threat, looking for the police faces. They were exactly what I was looking for.

And in addition, I found so many other thing, I didn't even know I wanted.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Very happy with that template <3

I thought those walls were meant for a church, but I suppose they fit either way. Also that closet/cupboard looks amazing.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A

(PandaMaru made this pretty shot featuring my calendar resources!)

All good things have to come to an end, and here we are.
I had a lot of fun and I hope, you enjoyed it as well! It was sometimes quite stressful and I will really enjoy it to not stay up til midnight every day xD
But this last time, I brought a huge bunch of presents!
(Well, not the _very_ last time, the other wishes will follow when I have the time to fulfill them. But tomorrow I will definitly pause xD)

The "actual" gift: The castle from the worldmap as ready to use map picture and the corresponding tiles, if you want to map some parts/something similar yourself!

@Poryg had asked for butterflies! But I already made one, so I added some nice color variations ;3

@Sharm did not add a wish, but gets something anyways! Her favourite modular icons are the poleweapons, so here is a little set to play with!

@fizzly was easy to satisfy, here is your plank! Don't put it in front of your head! (In German you say "to have a plank in front of your head" if you are not able to see or realise obvious things)^^

@Caitlin wanted a cart. It is small enough to add one of my horses in front of it, so you can use it as moving cart in a charset as well!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas! There are more things and people on my list, but I was just not able to finish in time and now we are at a point where family comes first ;3 The other presents will be handed out when they are done^^

Last edited:

Lucy Fox

Chosen Undead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Oh my goooooood! Those present spoilers are soooo adorable! :kaojoy:
And your resources too of course.
Thank you for this huge amount of work you put into all of this stuff!
Have an awesome Christmas time! :kaoluv:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
An epic collection of gifts as always, Avery! All so interesting and beautiful and useful. You're such a generous person, thank you so much for all the gifts! I very much like the pole weapons.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You made so many resources, and you are one of the best game artists I've seen! Your work is like
THIS
and mine is like
this
When I see your stuff

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I must havecompletely overlooked that one then! :D
Nevermind though, you can never have enough butterflies :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 28)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have officially released JABS 2.00.

Do people think there would be value in releasing the non-JABS plugins as separate posts/threads here on this forum?

Additionally, I just would like to drum up excitement/anticipation/hype that I plan on spinning up the following:
- A custom crafting system that grants is modeled after the star ocean franchise.
- A custom menu system to go along with JABS on-the-map.
If a developer focuses too much on describing the game mechanics in the official trailer for their RPG, I'm going to wonder whether their writing is so bad that it doesn't deserve center stage for their game. This seems to be a pitfall for the marketing on a lot of games.
Only 2 projects ongoing, but not quite started yet: World of Persona (you know how it would go by the name) and GAN.
First one would be kinda of a Persona game, (but international not only Japanese!!!), and the other one is just for Spain (at first) (because it needs to be done for each country after all, it's an all-branches educational game)
As far as i can finish World of Persona, it means GAN is viable.
Evening humans! How goes thou day?
Aaaargh I twisted/sprained my ankle a week ago, now Im stuck at home. I mean Im almost healed lol, but my parents probably wouldnt let me go outside because theres a lot of snows and they thought I slipped on a snow (I just had a bit too big booths and thats why :<). Aw man...And a new boruto op came out and its fire. It will be hard not to vibe to it when I cant go out :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niclol