Avy's MV Stuff

Raen Andaleio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This is probably a stupid question, but is it even possible to create an map with the Jungle Cave tileset like your preview with just the editor? How do you make the water connect so well to the waterfall? I imported the tilesets, it doesn't want to connect. So how did you do that?

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Raen Andaleio Have you tried using shift click mapping - because I think that's what you need to do for the water and waterfall autotiles to connect.

Also love the knight walking sprite - shame you lost the the other directions, but still so maybe uses for the front walking direction :D

Raen Andaleio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Raen Andaleio Have you tried using shift click mapping - because I think that's what you need to do for the water and waterfall autotiles to connect.

Also love the knight walking sprite - shame you lost the the other directions, but still so maybe uses for the front walking direction :D
Shift-clicking does something different. I also noticed that the waterfall goes up and down rather than just down because it's positioned in a spot where the tile animation goes back and forth. In order to get the auto tile to connect water and waterfall, and to make the waterfall look good, I had to completely rearrange the layout of the tiles in the A1 image.

EverDuvan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks is very amazing all that stuff

John1991

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. BTW, How do you add the custom character stuff?

Milksteeve

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have to admit, the standard MV designs are waaaaay too fabulous for my taste.

And I have a thing for bats. I love bats, actually, I sometimes still get "bat presents". I am proud owner of bat plushies, bat cups, bat cookie cutters....

Here we go:

A normal bat, as cave decoration and such, and a vampire bat^^

hey, can i use it in my game?

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
People who read and understand my terms can use my resources, as they know when they read and understand my terms.

Here is a small but hopefully useful tile addition, a set of mailboxes and letters^^
It might be handy to use the mailbox as event to change the graphic :3
(And remember kids: no post on Sundays!)

Last edited:

King Galaxian

King Galaxian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American!
Primarily Uses
Ogre - Face&Sprite, matches the default battler​

I made an edit of your ogre sprite and face. I thought you might like it.

[mod]<---Removed by mod, as posting edits are against Avery's terms--->[/mod]

I made this edit to match a golem battler that someone on Tsukmate made from the one of the default earth battle animations.
You can see the golem battler in this image:
I know it's probably not that good, but I just thought you might like it. Your work is amazing by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

XanderPNG

Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Can you please reupload the Large Wolf?
It won't let me see it.

Rennan_Ribeiro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
BraziPortuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.

Forgive my noob question. I'm new here. How do i download the stuff here? =)

Sorry for the inconvenient.

Rennan_Ribeiro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
BraziPortuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks!

Then i just put the image in the Data folder?

What about the animations?

TobiObito4ever

Self-Proclaimed Mythology Nerd
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks!

Then i just put the image in the Data folder?

What about the animations?
You actually put the animations in the Graphics -> Animations folder. The images go in the tileset or characters file, depending on the image. Behavior sprites go in with Characters.

boyde

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Avery I would like to add you to my game as a NPC as I am using a lot of your art work, are you able to make a walking sprint of your avatar image?

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm starting working on my advent calendar, but so far I have not many ideas, maybe because of rl stress, maybe because I used most of my ideas yet >_<
So, if you have suggestions or humble wishes, this would be your time, just have in mind that I need inspiration, not a grocery list!

Inspiration can be a lot of things, pictures, resources of other people (like: saw those cool tiles for ace, would be nice to have something similar for MV as well!), ideas, references to the RTP other things I did (like:a matching face/sprite/... or an expansion of...), whatever. Just have to keep in mind that advent calendar means I have to fill 24 days with content, so the single parts can't be too large!

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi Avery! Ok here are my 2 humble suggestions. :)

1) Personally, I love your curved variations of the RTP dungeon tiles (I believe you've done marsh, ice, fire, and grey cave) and would love to see you continue those for the other dungeon cliffs tiles.

2) edits to the default grass/dirt/trees, to make a more classic final fantasy looking town, as in this screenshot: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...il-FFIV.png/revision/latest?cb=20140216003534

KtheNerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Avery!

My first suggestion:

I don't know if it would be easier for you but I only have MV so I would be happy to see some of the stuff you have that you made purely for VX/Ace resized/reimagined for MV.

I imagine the people that only have VX/Ace would like to see the vice versa.

Of course this would hopefully be only stuff that you made from scratch for the specific system, as I understand that stuff from one system made by the RPG Maker Co. cannot be used in another system unless you own both systems (which I don't because Macs suck).

My second suggestion:

Your interpretation of any RTP tiles. Hopefully that way you can use them as a base and then work from there. (I don't do very much Pixel art so I don't know if that's easier.)

Looking forward to seeing what you do! :)

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I rarely use RPG Maker anymore, but one thing I've noticed about the MV RTP is the lack of puddles. (I think I've suggested this once in the past already tho) So yeah, rain-related tiles would certainly be a nice addition to the tileset. :LZSsmile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 18)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sand is basically small rocks
Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holzblae