Avy's MV Stuff

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! MV is seriously lacking world map locations so those (and any other you got in stock) is much appreciated @Avery . Thanks!

While I’m looking forward to your daily resources, I guess that means no new animated objects for a while. Just letting you know I really like those too.

Cinderbird

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, there is one missing...
Where is the snowy-peak snowy-mountain? Haha.

No seriously, thanks a lot for all the resources you've been making. I bet it will help a lot of us to concentrate (at least for a while) in something other than the current situation.

Thank You!!!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Uhm, animated objects... actually, yes^^'

I can just repeat, I am more a puzzle than a fight person when it comes to RPGs, and I have something to add some life to your scenes and puzzles :3
Is there something hidden in the mouth of the skull that you can only get if you selve a riddle and know what gem to insert in the eyesockets?
Is it a talking pillar? Or just a statue with glwoing eyes?
I tried to gave you all options I could think of and I am excited to hear what you come up with for it's use :3
deathskull.gif
!Darkskullpuzzle.png

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. Your work is always high quality, and these dailies are helping me with my mood in these troubling times. Here's to hoping they find a vaccine soon.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery
Wow, fantastic stuff! You making objects like these is why I keep coming back to this treasure trove! I hate to sound like a br0ken record but...
MooowwWWRrr! :)

Someone once requested breaking animations for the RTP pots, barrel and box years ago in this thread. Don’t think it ever got done (I know you don’t take requests here btw). But if you ever did do it, you’d have the first and last frame already done since it’s in the RTP.

Consider it a tip.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Parallax Panda I would've considered making that (actually I had in the past), but there is already a very good resource similar to that out there and I didn't think it was needed:

This will probably go down as I have to edit my post instead of making a new one, but whatever. Hope you'll find it anyways^^
While I don't dislike the deafult chests, they are kind of overused and also there are a lot of more.... rural and not so chic settings where they can be quite over the top. So I made a bunch of nice versatile and basic chests that you have never seen in any game before (because they did not exist) :3
chest.gif
!chest.png

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery
Very nice treasure chest(s)! Would be cool if you gave these the same treatment as you have the RTP chests you've edited. Specifically talking about snow covered versions. I'm currently using those in my game (your snow covered RTP chests), but would probably consider swapping them if there was an alternative.

Also, I didn't know those breaking objects existed. it's a bit different than what I was looking for but beggars can't be choosers. And fact is, the resource you linked is very high quality.
I'm a bit unsure about the Terms of Use and whom to give credit though. The user who posted it seems to go by "Hello", but that seems like it could be some throwaway random alias? If you have any info on this I'd much appreciate it because if a resource like that exists, and I'm allowed to, I'd like to use it. But I'm working on a game that if finished would count as a commercial game so I have to be a bit careful.

Oh, and on that topic. Not that my game is anywhere near finished but I've noticed in your terms of use, it's included that one have to send you a copy of their game if your material is used and it's a commercial game. Just for future reference, how would you prefer people did that? Also, while I don't think it'll be the case, what if you (for whatever reason) suddenly goes MIA and the developer can't get a hold of you? Would that mean a game using your resources can't be published? :kaoswt:

And well, this might not be the place to ask this since this is your resource thread, but since you seem to have better knowledge than me in regards to resources outside of this forum, do you know if anyone has made something like a barrel or box where the lid slides open?
Hm, well I guess your latest treasure chests (the far left version) is basically a box that opens, so I could actually make use of that one as for as boxes goes. But I'd still have to seek out a barrel I guess so that question remains.

Okay, sorry for sliding slightly off-topic.

In any case, I have to say you're on a roll lately! Can't express enough how much I love all these animated objects. Are you mayhap in quarantine and have a lot of time on your hands? Stay safe out there (or, in there.. wherever you're at).

Last edited:

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to say that this is pretty awesome of you to provide all these new awesome resources during such turbulent times. This community never ceases to amaze me.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda I would've considered making that (actually I had in the past), but there is already a very good resource similar to that out there and I didn't think it was needed:

This will probably go down as I have to edit my post instead of making a new one, but whatever. Hope you'll find it anyways^^
While I don't dislike the deafult chests, they are kind of overused and also there are a lot of more.... rural and not so chic settings where they can be quite over the top. So I made a bunch of nice versatile and basic chests that you have never seen in any game before (because they did not exist) :3
View attachment 137502
View attachment 137501
Speaking of boxes, Avery, why don't you create us some walking versions of the mimic sprites you have made? Because someone might want a a PC Mimic.

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today we have some wall variations :3
I feel like more and more people stick to the default options and I felt previous makers had more user made variety here, hm.
walls.png

@Parallax Panda
For japanese terms you have to talk to slimmeiske, not to me ;3 I have only pretty good google fu skills, that's it.
The term is mostly for "if someone finishs a commercial game with my resources I am totally not spending money to see them in game". And I do not plan to disengage here, even though I sometimes take breaks, I come back all the time ;3 Worst case you publish it and send it to me when you see me online again or something like that.
I don't know for sure, but if you look for stuff for sure a resource request is a better place I guess ;3

I am kind of self-quarantinied and actually I am still working on my thesis, these are my inbetween thinhgs to spread happiness. More time would be nice, but I guess that will be the case when the thesis is done (in about 1-2 weeks I guess).

@GalacticGod Thank you :3 I just felt all the panic and saw all the worried people around me and figured stuff is everywhere the same. And that is the thing I can do to make people feel better.

@MetalKing11417 That is not a bad idea, but given it needs all the directions therefore that is a pretty fiddly thing to do^^' Right now I try to do mostly things that I can do pretty quick, otherwise I could not keep this up.

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<3

That is all.

I had a bottleneck today... working on my thesis and waiting for a necessary thing to be able to continue work with nothing of my data at work (no, no RTP files at hand), I though at least I could use the time to practise some drawing (my thesis is art related, so I have the needed things in my office, hard- and softwarewise).
Short story, I grabbed my succubus face from the thread (lol) and gave her more emotions, as I think she is someone a lot people could have a use for.
With the matching battler from Raven_Blackbird and her default enemy battler and my sprite and face you can have her literally play any role in your game and now with more expressions!
View attachment 136321
Okay, no, that is not all lol. I LOVE the way you do expressions.

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Somehow these tend to go over the top, especially when stuff is not as trivial as it looks like.
At least I now know why noone ever recolored the RTP cat face (it's a pain in the a** and much more work than a regular recolor as in my tutorial here)

Anyways, after getting the black and the white part to be one color instead of two I decided to make the recolors for @whtdragon s cat sprite recolors, not that I had all the layers seperated. Enjoy!
Cat_Recolor_Avery.png

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm suspicious to say since i take care of one, but i really liked the cat with the black spot on her face

sketchylai

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow! There's so much amazing things here, thank you so much!

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Look at that Siamese sweetyface!! Great work @Avery :)
-MIA

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery So amazing. I was going to comment on the statue puzzle set, but then I noticed just how busy you were with things - and I saw the latest post "dragon battler." All of it is so top notch too. Thanks for adding so much of yourself during our "stuck at home" times!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today was a pretty bad day, so I'm late.
Nonetheless, I had something unfinished on my computer that I wrapped up for a release now.
I always prefered the way, the XP sets managed houses. You could build such cool villages in the editor, much more flexible than in MV.
So I took the MV Mine town wall and kind of rebuilt everything XP had for house variation with it. I think I might add windows and stuff on another day. Enjoy!
Mine_town.png

QuantumCapybara

Money Can't Buy Capyness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
that's a kick-ass dragon! I like how he/she is kind of a chubster. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 17)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Unpopular opinion: I always consider my players as my guinea pig for my experiment (my game) :p
Error brain.exe is not responding. Shutdown and run pillow.exe and bed.exe instead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr