Avy's MV Stuff

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery
Wow! Thanks for that XP styled mine-town house! If you would consider doing more of those, ai for one wouldn’t mind a whole set with the MV houses turned into that XP format. It’s so superior to the MV standard.

I can’t believe someone hasn’t done this already!

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very nice! Plug-n-play sheet, that’s very appreciated.
*cough* maybe-do-a-few-more-of-those-with-different-house-tiles *cough*

Clee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are some amazing resources. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow. I like these even more than the cats. Especially that black and white one. That one looks super! :)

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great work on the dog and cat face images! I tried that once myself and let's leave it as a failed experiment on my part. The dragon battler you made looks good too. Reminds me a bit of the dragon from Dr. Wily's Castle in Mega Man II.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today I have something that requires a bit of editing, but that's the point of it^^'
worldmap_tile_buildset.png
Create a new image in gimp, photoshop, whatever has layers and imagemasks.
Paste the blank map of your choise. Make a new layer and add the colored map of the same size in the layer above. Add an image mask. Now you can either paste a B/W image of your worldmap (Maybe roughly draw it on larger scale and scale it down?) or draw on the mask to get the shape of your continents.

I made these because I realized a lot of games have the "wrong" worlmap ingame and i think it would be a very cool detail to have. You can also pick up public domain maps and use them for your masks, as I did on the lower map :3

Edit:
Have you already done something with my new resources? I'd love to see some screens :3

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I cannot express how grateful I am to you. Once again you have saved me so much time later down the road! I was going to do something like this for my game because, as you pointed out, the in-game world map is all wrong for those of us making fantasy games and it's that kind of detail that drives me nuts.

Currently working on other little projects but when I get the opportunity I'll send an image of what I created with the map bits! Keep on creating, Avery!

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for all these tidbits! everything is freakin awesome. I wonder... so now we have a "fleshed"' out fleshy type dungeon tileset... anything for babies? like blocks... rattles... furniture... the like. I haven't seen much of that sort around especially in a style that goes well with RTP... Im trying but well... haha

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery
I love small details like that! Nice one.

@gothicvoid
If you need something ASAP I think PandaMaru has at least a few cribs in the style you're looking for.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello folks!
I hope everyone stays safe and not too depressed during these days.
Today I have another animated tile that should be useful for puzzles or cutscenes.
Maybe you need to solve a riddle to open the obelisk and shoot it with a spell to activate it?
The frame with the filled obelisk can be animated with a stepping animation once it's activated version is used.
Also you could use it as fancy light source, save crystal replacement or whatever you have in mind!
Magi_Obelisk.gif
!Magi_Obelisks_Avery.png

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That’s one cool obelisk! Not sure what I should use it for but it’s going into the game, one way or another. Especially like the dark red one. I can envision it in an old vampiric blood temple, or something along those lines.

As always, thanks for brightening up our days in these dark times @Avery

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gothicvoid
If you need something ASAP I think PandaMaru has at least a few cribs in the style you're looking for.
Yup i know. but i thats all there really is. Just thought it would be neat to have some other addons and give some ideas of things to kill time with this mess in the world. You know all these young ppl stuck at home in 9 months there is gonna be a population explosion lol.

HaneHaeterun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it count as a 'Request' if I ask you to keep making so many awesome things? I'm sheltered-in-place just outside NYC, and have been for 3 weeks now. I feel stupid because I just the other day stumbled upon this thread. Seeing as how my (current) project is a non-interactive (not-a-game) map for a D&D group, adding a town here and there, you've been a sanity-saver!

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Avery I love those obelisks!! Stop putting out so much cool stuff!! I thought my database was complete.. but nooooo.. you go and release more cool stuff that I have to work into my project. Heh. :)

Keep it up. I hope you're doing well with all that is going on. I hope your school moved to online and you're able to maintain progress toward completion! :)

-MIA

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery That is amazing! You don't know how much I've missed water like that! It makes all the difference in the world when you map out beaches and such! Woo! One of my favorite mini-submissions you've done yet!

(the mining town might still be my absolute favorite, but this is close in terms of usability!)

I guess one would have to do a lot of shift mapping to make it work though right? I know MV has a slot in the A1 tiles that recognize deep water but I'm not sure where one would place these auto tiles for it to work without shift-mapping. But... I'm willing to shift map if that's what it takes!

EDIT:

You asked to see something done with your new tiles so I made a cool mining town up in the mountains. I think I'll use this map for the ongoing "No Travel Game Jam" too. Might as well.

After mapping with this I have to say it was pretty good. But not perfect. Specifically, the vertical roofs can be tricky to use if you want a slightly wider building than the way it's set up as standard (there's a wee bit of clipping).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 22)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Designing patches that can 'augmented' to clothing based armor. Such good fun. A bit time consuming due to the need to create image displays, but the patches are limited so it's not too tiring.
Why VX/VX Ace is a little Neglected?
This little slime tower defence game is really coming together nicely :)
So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackismyheart