Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@KRS -You are correct, it was for a nordic medieval style setting. But your mention of an East Asian style sounds very neat!

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice work @Avery. I can already picture a nice and little sad cutscene by looking at these grave makers.

@Guardinthena I'd very like to see yours if you ever make it to MV

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hope everyone else is doing well. The longer this remote stuff goes, the worse it gets... welp. Nothing I can do about that.
Today I have nothing big, but it kinda bugged me that the default nun can't see a thing with her eyes closed all the time so I fixed that, I aslo added a version with a headscarf that matches her sprite better.
Nun_open eyes.pngNun_open eyes_brighter headscarf.png

Nun_openeyes_Sprite.png

With the new maker approaching, I dunno how things are continueing and wheather I'll get it or not. On one hand I have a lot fun making edits and stuff and on the other I have not tried making a game in years.

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice nun, i prefer yours over the one from RTP.
Avery, i was thinking, what about a cracked and broken boulder from the RTP? I think a lot of people will find it useful to add events in which these these boulders crack and/or break. I can think on several situations where one can use these broken boulders, like traps, ceiling colapse, mines, etc..

And to be clear, it's a suggestion, not a request :)

baroze

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To clarify, we are able to use your AMAZING work, providing we give you a free copy of the completed game? YOU are actually phenomenal!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PresaDePrata I was thinking of a suggestion myself the minute I read collapse effect - it literally made me think of something that I have been considering as a sort of "prank escape" involving the grand piano sprite from Inside B. I mean seriously - imagine eventing a piano trap like the infamous closing scene in Two and a Half Men, or more commonly in reference Looney Tunes. Winning, dont'cha think?

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I realized, that I have a faceset for the succubus, a sprite for the succubus and that I like both. But also that I HATE the default battler. Even for a succubus, her outfit is way too... well, boobs would fall out while flapping for sure.
Also the hearts and face gave me a very childish impression that should never be connected with that topic imo.

So, at least these things can be fixed, right?

before:
before.png
after:
after.png

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm, I can apreciate the other changes, and the final art does look great like your other stuff, but...

I think that is kinda the idea for the clothes. To seem like they are about to fall out at any moment, teasing the opponents. Probably kept in place by succubus magic. I think I read it once on tvtropes called the titilation effect or something close to it, clothes that seem like they could show more at any moment's slip are more attractive than those that actually show more.

Also, the original clothing is clearly based on a Slave Bikini Leia costume.
But somehow the upper part showing both more, on the bottom, and less since it covers the upper side to keep it more in place.
(By the way, Carrie Fisher herself once said the real thing did not really cover things that well, and it made her give a show a few times on set but the others were professional enough.)

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the new cover. Succubus magic or not, that cleavage kinda broke my suspension of disbelief that someone would wear that thing. It'd probably be uncomfortable as heck, and you'd have to only move in very specific ways or your cleavage might pop out of where it's supposed to be in get in a more uncomfortable position.
If it was skimpy at the top, I'd understand, but the bottom would probably be a nightmare.

And the hearts' removal looks very nice. It's not that big a change, but it feels a bit more seduction-y, instead of cutesy. Thanks.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the new cover. Succubus magic or not, that cleavage kinda broke my suspension of disbelief that someone would wear that thing. It'd probably be uncomfortable as heck, and you'd have to only move in very specific ways or your cleavage might pop out of where it's supposed to be in get in a more uncomfortable position.
It's a demon magically hovering in mid-air. I don't think it's obeying our laws of physics.

Saying that, I don't really need to come up with reasons to appreciate new art. Both new and old look great, in my opinion; though I'd personally stick with the original version. lol.

Anyway, great job, Avery.

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It's always good to have variation for enemies' battlers.
You can even come up with stories just because of it.

Let's say they are demon sisters, the wiser older one is trying to teach brash younger one how to live peacefully among humans, without eating them.

Or it's actually the same succubus your party of heroes fight throughout their adventure and with each encounter she develops herself and her understanding of life, which is shown by not only her attitude but also her clothes. Up to the point when she finnaly accepts her defeat, becomes human and joins the heroes' party.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a good change if you want to have your game to have Succubi but also be safe for work.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pearl484 you are assuming the magic is to keep it in place, not to just keep the cloth there transparent to the naked eye.
but eh, that is a personal opinion anyway. the new version still looks great.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had made this for a request, but of course it is free to use for all of you. It is a static but SV styled version of the SV God!
SV_god_Avery.png

Edit: well, screw it, I decided to make a (dirty) animated version in case people really need it. Will not clean it up though, that's too much tedious work^^'
svgod.gif
Here are the frames:
SV_godani.png

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
While I can technically make a lot of different types of stuff, there are things that I can theoretically do but never did. And sometimes, a little practise and fiddeling around helps me to get a better feel for what I can do, how long it takes and so on.

So today I made a stained glass window and played around with some light, for several reasons:
1. There are not so many stained glass windows out there and a lot seem to clash with the RTP, so I tried to get close to the style they chose there.
2. To give people the option to get a nice athmosphere in a church or temple. I stayed pretty neutral, so you can use it in an actual church or also in a temple of a god of light or whatever loosely fits.
3. Because I sometimes enjoy making resources, duh

Test:
Unbenannt-1.png

Tiles:
Unbenannt-13.png

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so this is pretty amazing.
I love the light reflections on the ground, extremely flavorful and elegant.
Excellent job as always! :kaohi:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is more than amazing! Thank you for all your wonderful creations.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks."

Beautiful Avery!! And I really love the light shining on the floor! :)
-MIA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.
Made a video showcasing a plugin that changes the animation rate for animated tiles in our games.

(Plugin by Caethyril )
I guess if you're just going solo dev, minimize features is better choice.
As close as possible, now I draw all of them with little by little needle sticking.
Welp, back to the drawing board...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avaroy