Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, thanks to Avy and all the ReStaff for adding the name-tile to their work. It makes it easier to remember who did resources. ( I usually jot down something in notepad, but having the visual in the editor is still a big help for crediting! )

ArcaneHermit

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Heya Avery. Have to throw credits/love on all the effort you've made so far on all those MV assets. Especially on the Flesh Cave tileset, that's honestly making the MV's tileset in line with XP's own RTP, in potential dungeon design/etc. :smile:

Though when I had a look at all that white space from the tilesets, I somehow feel the whole tileset isn't finished just yet, or I've noticed a bit of an issue from the RTP that this was based of on. Of which, I'll throw my whole opinion in a spoiler below.
A1 Suggestions - Waterfall Autotiles
At a glance, all those fluid based tiles greatly expand on flesh-like dungeons, caves etc. Though at a further glance, I can't help but feel that it's technically missing a 'watertile' auto-tile functionality, in relation to each fluid within the set as is. Under missed potential for 'vertical' fluids, that could be given an organic twist, in support to the A5 Wall tileset.

At a minimum effort, it could be a matter of making waterfall effects go in sync with each supported body fluid/colour. Though at a creative stretch, I feel you could have potential fun if you focused on singular fluid dripping. Possibly as a style, or a seperate 'actor' to represent droplets as an alternative suggestion instead?

Either way, felt that out of an entire tileset, the "top corner" autotiles could be use for limited 'decoration' for the first A1 Autotile. Could be potential useful 'bile', or 'pus' barriers that could be organically decorated throughout a flesh-map, if going auto-tile?

A2 Additions?
Past A1 tile suggestions. As a potential suggestion for a 'clear' addition, you could include a translarent, or "saliva" based fluid as an autotile at this part, if not animated in the A1 tileset.

Outside of that. Possibly some transparent auto-tiles for different coloured 'blood' or 'nerve' veins, instead of just white biological webbing? Or alternatively, "honey/syrup" based liquid for auto-tiling. Before I cover all other possible biological processes that could be fun, 'pus' wise.

And one more thing, I noticed as a bit of a potential issue, from the RTP file itself;l

Very subtle criticism - "A5 Walls"
I noticed that the A5 Flesh Cave's Wall Tile has a very subtle, if a bit glaring "line" over some/most of the buds, wall wise. My guess is probably a not pitch perfect edit during development, or if it's potentially an intentional quirk of art design. Regardless, an easy fix could be to 'blur' that line.
Regardless. As I said, really appreciated all you've done so far, out of your own spare time and generousity. :smile:

iSc00t

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've been using your Flesh Caves tileset and needed some climbing down points so I edited RTP's vines to look kinda like veins. Thought I'd post them here incase anyone else could use them too. This is my first post so please let me know if I shouldn't post it here.

FleshCaveVeins.png

Last edited:

Heretoga

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those planes are like wow and the towers so cool! I've had a gander at the resources and they are all greatly done! I totally had to get your sprite avery ;)

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The pics in the OP don't work anymore...

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The pics in the OP don't work anymore...
They do. There are many posts about this in this thread (and pretty much every resource thread). If an embedded pic doesn't load for you, right-click and load image or view image. Worst case, you can try another browser, but they're all there (that I saw, I didn't expand every single spoiler).

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan Ah, gotcha...thx! I already had her stuff, I was simply redirecting someone else to this page, but I got worried cuz the imgs didn't load for me lol.

Masterxen13

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Avery, I have a question concerning the lighthouse and tower tilesets you made. Very well done by the way. These are what I'm looking for in my next project but I've run into a snag. When it comes to RPG maker, is there a pixel limit that I don't know about when making these tileset photos? When I was placing the tower, the bottom part with the door was cut off and I could not place it, yet I can place the rest of the tower. I ran into a similar issue with the light houses. The one with the red stripes and the front doors cut off the center and right side, but I can still place the left side of that particular set. Is this due to a pixel limit and the files being too big to be used?

bqq6gtgy.png

uv45t96c.png

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    193.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    181.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    106.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    597.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    451.3 KB · Views: 12

wolfr136a1

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably one of the best collections of free RPGMaker MV resources anywhere. Such a shame bits and pieces are now lost to posterity.

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because these files are not preset made as a tileset. You need to put it on tileset yourself.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When it comes to RPG maker, is there a pixel limit that I don't know about when making these tileset photos?
You can look up how tilesets are constructed and their size limits by clicking, in the editor, Help -> Contents -> Documentation -> Assets

However, I think most people don't try to put these into a tileset, they place the whole image on a map using Yanfly's Doodads or some similar tool.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on making a simple sprite frame system. And I'm really happy with the progress.
ZAyFw65.gif
Sketching on Milanote the new script of the system I plan to implement for VNMaker. This is making me learning Coffeescript through a crash-course I never thought I would ever take in my meager career as writer, but brings back fond memories when I was forced to learn RUBY for RPGMaker XP back in those years. Oh dear... :LZSooo:
For some reason, I found this is kinda stylist
ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattoslf