jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Battler and sprite variations are probably my favorite thing, aside from a few particular types of useful tile improvements (your curved cliffs are always a life-saver!). So I love the new vehicles and the knight battler looks like a staple antagonist in a classic rpg!

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
These baloons and ships....god, these are so pretty.

You are better than santa claus, @Avery.

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Matching sprite, face and battler is always a challenge.
Thanks for all that! It looks awesome!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today we have something of a mixed bag, not qualitywise but in terms of themes and resource types :3
When I found the "weapon"-charset in the folder I was very confused, as those weapons did not match the actual battle weapons or battler's weapons or... well, nothing really. So I thought, why not make the matching stuff so you can finally actually pick them up and equip them?

So first we have the icons:
WeponIconsMZ_Avery.png

And the matching battle weapons of course:
MZ!WeaponsasBattleweaponsAvery.png

And then we have something that bugged me in the titlescreens, they are just a tad bit too specific, so I retouched them so you can use them in more projects or as chapter title cards or... whatever.
The castle got rid of the sword in front and got a second starry night makeover version, while the canyon had the tower and flying ship removed :3

CastlenoSwordAveryMZ - prev.png

CastleGalaxyAveryMZ - Kopie.png
CastlenoSwordAveryMZ - Kopie.png
Canyon_noBonus_Avery.png

And Candacis once again suggested a recolor, and for everyone who prefers the organ to be black and silver, here it is!
MZOrgan_Averyrecol.png
@M.I.A. Very cool you already have a use for it! Share a screen once it is in! ;3

@Candacis Thank you! Yeah, complete sets are just way more flexible in terms of what that character actually can be in the story :3

@jonthefox Then I hope there is more useful stuff in the calendar, we will see soon^^

@fizzly Aww, thank you^^ I am glad you like them, I was very surprised when I realized the MZ RTP had no balloons D:

@Rogue Milk You are welcome and thank you!

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Awesome! I love love love the starry night castle, but it isn't right for my current project... I'll have to find a project some day that I can use it with. The canyon though, absolutely using that one, it's perfect!

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am so curious how you are able to remove the foreground elements without having a blank hole. Do you color them in manually to match the rest of the background, or some kind of copy paste magic?

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think those icons look very nice and I love the black recolor. And it's great to have titlescreens that aren't that specific :LZSsmile:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 5 and we have the first advent sunday (actually the second, but the first within the calendar) and so I one of the larger things for you. As you can see, those are upscales and edits of those of the tiny MZ vehicles, and to be honest, a lot had to be drawn from scratch to make everything pretty and match the perspective. The bus is a fully new one that just matches the design of the tiny thing there.
So, those tiny toy cars are the defaults, the large ones are my work plus some neat recolors so you can quickly fill your parking lots!
vehicle upscale_Avery.png

@Aoi Ninami I am sure you will come up with something cool to use it in :3 Thank you!

@jonthefox Do you have an idea on where to use them already? :3

@Lunesis That is difficult to explain in a few words, it is a mix of cloning and dodge and burn and copy and paste and using a solar curve to even everything out... acutally just how you would edit a photo, that is where I learned those tricks^^'

@Candacis Thank you :3 I am glad you like the recolor you inspired ;D

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Avery I feel like the last one (canyon landscape) would work so well for any kind of generic classic travel and save the world rpg

Speaking of title screens...A Christmas title screen would be awesome. :)

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I really like the blue bus color scheme, looks very modern. Thank you for all the recolors!
Now, maybe some day you will do an animated version with moving wheels? That would be something. :LZSgrin:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seems that more and more people are turning to modern day RPG's and will greatly welcome those vehicles. I've played a few mini-games before where you get on bunny races. I suspect more than one dev will do a car race betting game using these images. :)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today is St Nicholas Day and that means I have another special treat on day 6!
A trea[n]t, if I may say so!

To be honest, most of the default big monsters don't really vibe with me, but that guy is super cool and what is more scary than being chased by a goddam tree? So instead of standing around, he can now walk in all directions.
Plus, I made transformation animation and even had the style change from pixealted charset to more painterly tileset with different light, so that you can have him blend in for your unsuspecting players... or just use him as tree, if you want, I mean, it is a perfectly fine tile on its own!
Treant.giftreantwalk.gif

!$Treant_Avery_MZ.png

!$Treantransform_Avery_MZ.png

@Kentaro_ Thank you!

@jonthefox That is true, especially since that is a really generic landscape ;3

@Candacis Moving wheels for all of them? :eek: I don't know, that would probably leand me down to the rabbit hole where I want to make the other angles as well and then we have january D;

@Lady_JJ It would be nice if someone puts them to a good use :3 It is always difficult to decide what to make themewise, as while fantasy is the most popular, there are already a lot of resources... well, I hope I find some of these on some screens later :3

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey look, exactly what I needed for my first boss, which happens to be tree. I couldn't find any treant sprites on the net, so guess I got lucky today!

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh my....I can't even tell how much I appreciate your AWESOME work, @Avery. Thank you so much ,as always.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
On day 7 we have two presents to unwrap!

First, there is some christmas stuff for MZ, which I put that early so in case you plan to make something for christmas, you have actual time to include it!

Image5.gif
!$Gift_Avery_MZ.png
christmastrees_Avery.png

And second, a snowy version of my A3 tiles and some extra A3 plus snowy version. I know those are not super super fancy, but those are the types of tiles that will help you incorporate 4 seasons or varied winter towns ;3

A3_replacement_avery_MZsnow.pngAveryMZ_A3.png

Thank you all for the comments, I am very happy that you like the treant as much as I do :3 I hope to spot it on one of your maps at some point ;3

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif
demonow.jpg

Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace Alpha Demo is Officially LIVE on Steam!

>> DOWNLOAD AND PLAY THE DEMO ON STEAM NOW!
Firefly130984 wrote on WallCat's profile.
Hello, I would try to beta test your game.
Parallel I would write a guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven_Ks