Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think the phase where people are making granny tiles on the board is over, but I still wanted to finish the promised sheet :3
While they are not enough to fill a whole flat, they can add a little more cozyness to your maps^^
I think my favourte parts are the fireplace tools and the newpaper, those are just such small items that can add that extra authenticity to a map.
While most of them look pretty modern, I guess a upper class fantasy map could benefit from some of those as well^^
AveryGrannytiles.png

Last edited:

Kitten2021

Just here to learn...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I am brand new to the rpgmakerweb site and just recently purchased RMMZ when it was on sale a little while back but haven't really used it. Have used RMMV in the past, but not too much, so I have 'some' experience with the engines.

I needed to make sure and express to you, Mr/Miss Avery just how grateful I am to you for helping those of us out here that cannot afford to pay for everything under the sun that they would like added to their game... I was just needing some additional creator parts for my characters I wanted to make, but the MZ engine didn't have what I was needing, and I wasn't willing to pay nearly $15-$20 for a bunch of other things I didn't need just to get the one or two extra parts I was in need of. You are an absolute HERO in my eyes!

Not only have you posted the lovely elvish ears I was really in need of, but you also posted a TON of other things out of the kindness of your heart. Please understand when I say, "Thank you!" I truly do mean it from the bottom of my heart. I wish I was talented enough in paint to do any of this (and don't get me started on Gimp or Photoshop - or whatever its call - I've tried them and just end up with headaches) then I could share as well.

You are truly a dear, and I appreciate you and have written a "License.txt" with your info in it - as well as a link to this page - JUST in the off chance my game(s) I like throwing together for funsies somehow ends up being made public. I never plan on it, and only like making games for myself or close family members.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing work on the Granny tiles, Avery! So adorbs! And you're right, those fireplace pokers and newspapers are really nice additions! Small detail like that can be so hard to do sometimes.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had to replace the granny tile sheet, there were a few transparency issues and four pixels that had the wrong color xD

To make this not just that boring one liner, I decided to embrace the granny topic a little more and give the granny a little more to do!
1652827137251.png
(An example what the granny tiles plus my SF A2 and A4replacements can do with editor mapping)
Granny.gif
Nap! Knit! Read! Repeat!

And here is the sheet:
!$GrannyposesAvery.png

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Granny: You're going to the ice cavern. You'll need some warm mittens then. I'm almost finished.
Protagonist: Actually, Granny, what I really need is a hot fireball spell.
Granny: Sure thing. Let me just look up that spell for you. It's in here somewhere.
Protagonist: You're the best, Granny!
I love her! <3

Me: You're the best, Avery!

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, those Granny sprites are awesome! Always super usefull having sprites doing everyday stuff that one can sprinkle into their games!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here is your reminder to talk to your granny as often as you can while you can! And if Reid does is, she can display a full range of emotions now while doing so!

SFGrannyEmotionsAveryMZ.pngGrannyEmotionsAveryMZ.png

And the portraits (for normal I also made an edit to the base, her face had a slightly different color than the SF one and I decided to stick with the one I liked more for both):
People1_8_1.pngPeople1_8_Avyfix_MZ.pngPeople1_8_3_Avery.pngPeople1_8_7_Avery.pngPeople1_8_6_Avery.pngPeople1_8_5_Avery.pngPeople1_8_4_Avery.pngPeople1_8_2_Avery.png

SF_People1_8_7_Avery.pngSF_People1_8.pngSF_People1_8_5_Avery.pngSF_People1_8_4_Avery.pngSF_People1_8_3_Avery.pngSF_People1_8_2_Avery.pngSF People1_8_1_Avery.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aaaah! Granny is so ADORABLE! And you made animation sprites to go with her?! And she's knitting! Amazing work, Avery!

I'm feeling the need to come back and make more Granny Chic tiles now. What are you doing to me? XD

geek42

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is really nice! There's a relative lack of older characters in the RTP.

And of course, there is absolutely no reason (as per LadyJJ) Granny may not be a fairly powerful retired sorceress...

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lol. A powerful retired sorceress reminds me of the movie Willow and the fight between Queen Bavmorda and Fin Raziel.....

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
There was a request for cat face expressions, and those were on my "wanna do one day"-list anyways and they match my current theme as well I guess? I know @GalacticGod also made some, but there is no such thing as too many expression options.

So what do we have here now?

You might have noticed that for the cat faces above I did not use the face graphic, but a part of the picture that I scaled down a little, as I felt the default face was a little too small for my taste. So I have the default cat and my four expressions on that scale as well:
KittyAveryMZ.png

For those who want the default scale, I have that as well, not my preferred size, but easier to mix with expressions by other people for example:
Averycatemotions_originalsizeMZ.png

And of course the full pictures:
Nature_2_Avery_happy.pngNature_2_Avery_grumpy.pngNature_2_Avery_angry.pngNature_2_Avery_bored.png

(Sometimes setting up all the different formats takes longer than drawing actual expressions^^')

Oggy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There are some changes from MV to MZ that I dislike, but there are also things that I do enjoy like the broader range of mimic-like battlers. Since I already covered the mimic chest with a matching sprites, there were only two left:
Day 19: Mimic Book and Pot (and Book)
View attachment 171850
Did you notice that that one special Book on the inside tiles matches the evil book? The logical thing was to animate it so the encounter with the actual monster is more immersive.
And since I animated it, I thought it would be cool to have it opening as well. It would be cool to have them in your game, for example they might either give you knowledge or attack which adds some suspense. Or a book that opens after being defeated and cleaned from the evil sprit.
And since there was an empty row on the sheet (or a column rather), I made a pot to match the evil pot battler and added the animation. Pro tip: If you use them as decoration as well, it is more exciting as people will not be able to tell wheather they are decoration or a monster before passing them :3
Avery these are amazing! I was wondering if it would be ok if I made a sv_actor battler from your book mimic?

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you :)
You can do that, you just can't share it for others to use if you use my book as base.

Oggy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank You very much! If you would like a copy let me know.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Granny gladly shows you how to use your skills, and she lends you her old teddy as a dummy for the tutorial battle... or something like that!
(Maybe I just felt like a normal teddy bear could be a useful addition).
teddy.png
SF_NOTEvilteddybear_AveryMZ.png

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, there was a request for another emoset and I think we all can agree that it is always useful to have some extra expressions for the default characters. And this boy needs his full range of emotions, because when he talks to granny and hears about her adventures, he needs to react accordingly, right?
People1_1AveryMZ.png
People1_7_Avy1.pngPeople1_6_Avy1.pngPeople1_5_Avy1.pngPeople1_4_Avy1.pngPeople1_3_Avy1.pngPeople1_2_Avy1.pngPeople1_1_Avy1.png

SF_People1_1AveryMZ.png

SF_People1_7_Avy1.pngSF_People1_6_Avy1.pngSF_People1_5_Avy1.pngSF_People1_4_Avy1.pngSF_People1_3_Avy1.pngSF_People1_2_Avy1.pngSF_People1_1_Avy1.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm soooooooooo tired TT___TT why can't there be a plugin to let me sleep + work simultaneously ... !!
Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:
Who wants to solve a riddle from my game?
"I prayed for her to lay down her worldly habit and accept the invitation to change her life forever." From lost to found. From past to present, From frown to smile. From the way people treat her as nothing but something to say wow about. From faithless to faithful. From something no one wants to something valuable, someone will respect and love. Thank you, Jesus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frogitheworld