SoraNoYosuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses

WXZCHSA.png

J3HgASa.png

Awaken is a 2d RPG inspired by several Anime's such as Hai To Gensou No Grimgar,Log Horizon and Overlord. Set in the world of Teria starts in the city of Calixia.

The story progresses as a character named Sora, wakes up in the world he knows he did not come from. Sora thought everything was a play, and untrue but as the Chief explains the mechanics of the world he knew it really isnt a joke. As the story progresses Sora rises up from poverty and builds a party in order to survive from the world. At the Start Sora meets Yuugi, in which they both created a party of two.

hBAMre7.png

-High Quality gameplay and graphics.

-Open World/Sandboxy while still being story driven.

-Awesome graphics(Even if its 2d).

GSaA03D.png

Sora - Main Character, a Duelist or a Mage (You choose from the start of the game.)

Yuugi - Party Member, a Guardian.

Mary - Party Member, a Duelist or a Mage (depending if what the main character chooses)

Lily - Party Member, a Priest.

UOztr0F.png

Images

Spoiler

Inn - Calixia

Spoiler

dHM9ge5.jpg

Town - Calixia

pNwMcMY.jpg

3P2P1cn.jpg

Chief's Place - Calixia

WKp3iHS.jpg

Eatery - Calixia

BQiogtX.jpg

Blacksmith - Calixia

oxUYpJC.png

Guild House - Calixia

xJeoIoh.png

Forest - Calixia

1YgiuEG.jpg

Ruins

ImI1mrn.jpg

GwL6Xum.png

-YanFly

-Kaus

-Galv

-Mog

-Vlue

-Orange

-PandaMaru

-Fiona Fionchen

-Himeworks

Demo

Demo link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7jgatlw8snvrb3q/Awaken.rar

This demo is much more cleare and easier to use and I updated them so, please do give feedbacks reviews and suggestions this will leave a space in the credits section for you!

About Me

Im a 14 year old game developer from the Philippines, Game making has been my hobby ever since. I also do Traditional Art works and I sell them here in the Philippines.

My deviantart, http://soranoyosuga.deviantart.com/ I've only joined DeviantArt today so I might not have posted everything yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoraNoYosuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
*New Map Added (Also added in the screenshots section)

Forest(1 of 3 parts of the Forest) leading to a Dungeon and a Ruins

1YgiuEG.jpg

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Kaus tilesets are really the best (imho)!

However, not always easy to use. But you've done an awesome work here, as far I can see!

Keep it up, looking forward to try your game one day ^-^

SoraNoYosuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Kaus tilesets are really the best (imho)!

However, not always easy to use. But you've done an awesome work here, as far I can see!

Keep it up, looking forward to try your game one day ^-^

That is really true, I've been using his tilesets since vx days, tho I wasnt able to complete a game using vx tho. Ill be working on my game more once I get more free time.

SoraNoYosuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Improved Topic look and added a new map for my game

oxUYpJC.png

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks so freaking nice! 

Katsudoom

Noodle Head
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Unknown
Primarily Uses
Pretty neat. Love it! BTW PH here too. If ever you need something I'm here bro.

SoraNoYosuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Added Demo link please check spoiler above thank you

SoraNoYosuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
So yeah guys, I found out that the demo was truly broken, after following the instructions above extract these files after: 

https://www.mediafire.com/?ccldptd9sdk9rvo

Feedbacks would be great and right now Im currently making a more and much better demo thanks 

Also made a much more clear instructions on how to play my game:

1) Download the Demo from here: 
https://www.mediafire.com/?ayuy3c9sp1es9vs
2) The Missing Files from here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ccldptd9sdk9rvo
3) Create a new "MV" project then copy the
Audio Folder and the Images Folder then extract it to the www of the Demo "Awaken/www"
4) Extract the missing files
5) Play test the game by opening the "Game" application.

Thank you! Credits will be added at the end of the game If I receive feedbacks from you, If your name is fit to the game environment then I might aswell make a character out of your name thank you!

Selhan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Your mapping, and especially your inside mapping, looks really great. I download it right now.

SoraNoYosuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Your mapping, and especially your inside mapping, looks really great. I download it right now.

Thank you very much!

Added a new map called Guild House in my game, currently not in the Demo yet.

kjUhl8Z.png

And also a menu screen. Need feedbacks thank you!

NNGrkk7.png

Asuras

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is the menu animated in anyway (menu text animates as you scroll through it)?

SoraNoYosuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Is the menu animated in anyway (menu text animates as you scroll through it)?

This previous Menu was animated I changed it into a new one, I think this one is too much. So I changed it to a new one check out the video above.

Game Update: 

Finally finished the last map for the starting town. I can finally make the story progress.

xJeoIoh.png

Renewed the menu.

Renewed topic design.

Mister.Right

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't know about gameplay and story just yet. By looking at the video, the game has clean and nice UI, the mapping also look good.

Jeb

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is absolutely gorgeous. I look forward to trying it out. I'm also going to look into Kaus' tilesets too. Thanks for posting the demo and screenshots.

Mister.Right

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Tried out a few minutes game play, it gets boring quick. Lack of tutorial for newbie, I died at first encounter. Game play needs more works. The story telling first few minutes is shallow and not interesting enough if you can grab players into the story in just first 15 minutes you win their stay with the game.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I downloaded and played your demo a week or two ago, wrote up some feedback, and then forgot to post it.  :headshake:   So sorry if I bring up things you've already fixed or changed.

I gave your demo a shot, and I think it has potential. :)  Now, I was just downloading a bunch of random games so I didn't read your synopsis before starting, but I realize right away that you were copying Grimgar's intro.  Unfortunately the anime did it much better, and your intro was just a poor imitation (and Kise using lesbian as an insult was a major turn off).  I would really suggest trying to do your own thing for the intro.  Inspiration is fine, but trying to copy something is not.

Your writing needs work.  There are quite a few times where you're missing periods or not capitalizing letters like 'I' in sentences.  Going over it to fix up the grammar and editing the dialogue to sound more natural would do wonders (personally I read things out loud to see if it sounds like something a person would say, and if it's too robotic I change it).  Once I had control I checked out the skills, and was happy to see that you started me with a couple.  However, it would've been nice if you had added some descriptions to them (luckily 'Dual Attack' is pretty self explanatory).  Keep an eye on the descriptions you did add to some of the skills and quests though, because a few of them were cut off.

The maps are very pretty, but due the recent issue with those tiles I would suggest replacing them.  There are a few passability issues (I could walk through the support posts in town and into a barrel), and I think your torches need the stepping animation button clicked.  Another thing to keep in mind is that even though they're pretty, the maps do have to be nice to move around.  The town is a bit tight to move around in, and the first area with monsters is nice to look at but has a few movement issues.  The big trees are pretty, but they block my view a lot when moving around the map, which means that I couldn't see some enemies or where there was something in my way.  Right at the entrance of the area there are steps and a tree that blocks a cliff tile, and I couldn't tell the cliff was there because my view was blocked.

Battle wasn't awful, but unfortunately 'Penta Slash' crashed the game for me, so I was limited in what I could do (I tried to fix it, but it didn't seem to help).  I was a little sad that I couldn't escape any of the battles, because I wanted to just look at the maps and not fight at first but if I ended up in a fight I either had to win or I'd get a game over.  I also had a case of getting attacked while the tutorials were up, which wasn't good.  

I finished up the monster slaying quest and didn't get another quest, so I assume that was the end of the demo.  Overall I think it definitely has potential, and as you add more and polish it it could be a very fun little game.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sigh...I can do everything I need for this game but make actual sprites and tile maps for it. Guess I'll look into hiring someone for that
Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?
i'm working on finishing an old game in vx ace (the first game i tried to make in vx ace), and it's making me realize how many things i've come to take for granted in mv (like the additional BCDE tile layer and the plugin manager).
It's ma birfday! Gonna chill and work on my project, editing some icons for my compass rn. Later It's pizza and a movie, maybe Blazing Saddles...
I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJLinguistic