AXY_TitleMenu (Display JumpToMap or Exit on Title Screen Main Menu)

walf_man

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Description
This plugin allows you to place JumpToMap or Exit command to your title screen Main Menu.
Of course, you could also change the style of the main menu such as horizontal menu, or changes position of main menu.

Important note
I have developed it for my game that uses RpgMakerMV 1.6.1, and I test in 1.6.2, it's all ok. It should be works in other versions.

License
The MIT License. Credits appreciated but not required.

Terms of Use
Free and commercial use and redistribution.

Known bugs
None, but tested only in RpgMakerMV 1.6.1 and 1.6.2.

Note and Changelog
Please put in this thread your experience with the plugin, errors that arise or anything else related.
changelog
* 1.01 2020.3.1
* add: OverrideContinue;
* modify: switch License from BSD to MIT;
* 1.00 2016
* first release;

How to Use
  1. Download plugin in the link below.
  2. Place in your /RPG Maker MV/[YourGameTitle]/js/plugins/ folder.
  3. Open the Plugin Manager, and create a new entry at the bottom of the list
  4. Under the Name dropdown, find AXY_TitleMenu.js near the bottom of the list.
  5. Customize the plugin parameters to the right and click OK.
  6. Click OK to exit the Plugin Manager, and save your project.
If you are updating, refresh the plugin in the Plugin Manager by opening the plugin in the list and clicking OK.

FAQ
Q. How I would add commands to the title menu, or how I would show "multiple menus"?
A. The parameter "DisplayJumpToMap" set true by default. So, you just install this plugin, then you will got a JumpToMap item in your title screen main menu. and click this command it will jump to a specific map by parameter "JumpToMapId" you specified.

Q. Could I add multiple "jump to map" options?
A. No, you cloud not. There are only one "jump to map" options.

Q. Could I add a completely custom function that (for example) runs a common event or changes a variable?
A. No, you cloud not directly implement this function, but you could put an auto-executable event into the map that map id is you specified in parameter "JumpToMapId", and then you can implement things such as common events, change switches, change variables, etc.

Q. Can I show 3 different menus on the title screen at once?
A. No, you could not. This plugin does not have this ability yet.

Download

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.
Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr