RMMV AZE-RPG (a World of Warcraft demake)

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Untitled_Artwork (2).pngIntroducing AZE-RPG
AZE-RPG is a demake of the hit MMORPG World of Warcraft, aiming to emulate the gameplay and feel but with the 2d Game maker aesthetic. The game currently utilises basic RPG maker MV sprite work and tilesets with a goal to slowly change them once I'm able to pay a proper pixel artist.
The Goal of the project is the completion of the zone Durotar (mapping has been fully completed, a total of 130 maps) and then see if there is any interest in the steady development of the other zones. Several dungeons have been designed as well and 1 Raid will be included in the future (Guess Which one).
Durotar has a completed story and will work as a microcosm of the world at large.

Gameplay
The game follows the traditional 2d style approach we are all familiar with and supports both keyboard and mouse and Gamepad.
Classic tropes such as quests are present and litter the world. Some important, others not so much, but all of them work together to present a living world that doesn't necessarily need the hero to thrive.
Combat utilisescreen 12.jpgs the amazing Action Battle System Plugin by AlphaABS. No longer do you have to wait between encounters and fading screens. All your enemies are there in front of you. Utilise the Skill system to defeat your enemies and consume helpful items on our road to glory.

Story so far...
The current iteration of the Demo allows the player to fully explore the first area of Durotar known as the Valley of Trials. There you will uncover a growscreen 8.jpging plot and discover friendly and not so friendly npc's. Fight the Burning Blade and exterminate Boars and Cobras, all in the name of the orcish way!

Explore!
Explore the land of Durotar, defeating foes and fishing small and medium fish on your way. A lot of detail has been given into making every location feel similar to those seen in World of Warcraft. Talk to the natives and make friends thanks to clever event scripting, number crunching and soul crushing text writing.
Fight With allies in dungeons and uncover the hidden secrets and Loot that they hoard.
Manage your inventory and wealth or spend it all on uncommon, rare or epic upgrades through the (in progress) Auction system.
Craft upgrades or Fish your way to glory.

What are you waiting for? Download the Demo at: https://marino13.itch.io/aze-rpg
Join my discord and personally talk to me at: https://discord.gg/p6KJqZ2u

All Criticism is welcome. The game is currently actively being worked on and troubleshooted by me. It will be provided for free through all the iterative updates as well as the finished product. As you can see this is an ambitious project, as such work on it is slow and methodical as I have to balance work and personal matters as well. Full Completion of the game will come slowly but steadily.

Pssst.... Don't tell blizzard ;)
Cinematic Trailer :
screen 15.png
screeen 6.jpg
screen 7.jpgscreen 22.jpggame 3.pngGates of orgrimar.png

Attachments

• screen 13.jpg
    screen 13.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Kismet808

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, heck yeah! Awesome. I'm going to give this a go soon, I've been feeling a bit nostalgia about WOW recently.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I give it a small go, when finding Gomek, I went north, I think gomek was
in lowercase on the quest log, but the orc on the ground there dissapear
on interacting and appear when done.

the keyboard settings would make it hard to play though for my needs,
I wont be able to fully bug test it, but it looks nice though.

I see if I can play a bit deeper when I got more time.

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I give it a small go, when finding Gomek, I went north, I think gomek was
in lowercase on the quest log, but the orc on the ground there dissapear
on interacting and appear when done.

the keyboard settings would make it hard to play though for my needs,
I wont be able to fully bug test it, but it looks nice though.

I see if I can play a bit deeper when I got more time.
Hey thanks for your time!
Yeah the orc disappearing on the ground is a known thing I haven't quite found how to stamp out. Maybe just need to rewrite that event

Keyboard settings as in the keybinds themselves? Are they not explained well enough or awkward placing? Thanks!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
did fully check everything yet, more a bit rushed through, but the orc
issue might be that you dont have "Direction Fix" checked, if unchecked,
things like that can happen or flicker if the page is black.

Direction fix mostly solve the issue though.

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
did fully check everything yet, more a bit rushed through, but the orc
issue might be that you dont have "Direction Fix" checked, if unchecked,
things like that can happen or flicker if the page is black.

Direction fix mostly solve the issue though.
I'll have to look into it once I'm home from work but that might be it.
Thanks for putting in the time to check it out!

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A fellow alpha abs user and wow inspired game, pretty cool :kaopride:

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A fellow alpha abs user and wow inspired game, pretty cool :kaopride:
Admittedly I'm still a noobie but I'm working on it. Can make a very in depth system with it!!
Thanks for your kind words!

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't want to be "that guy", but are you sure you want to use that logo?

Because, as far as I can tell you don't use any other WoW graphics and you made your own story. Which really makes it your own game. But just by using the Wrath of the Lich King logo and names from the actual lore, you make it pretty much unusable and you risk being taken down by blizzard.

I don't think lore and stuff would be a real problem (although that is copyrighted), but logo's can be a huge issue. A logo is like a signature. If you really want to make a fangame and want to share it, then using the logo is by far the biggest trigger for the company (in this case blizzard) to take it down.
Even if the logo is edited like you did.

Edit: The intro video looks real cool though.

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't want to be "that guy", but are you sure you want to use that logo?

Because, as far as I can tell you don't use any other WoW graphics and you made your own story. Which really makes it your own game. But just by using the Wrath of the Lich King logo, you and names from the actual lore, you make it pretty much unusable and you risk being taken down by blizzard.

I don't think lore and stuff would be a real problem (although that is copyrighted), but logo's can be a huge issue. A logo is like a signature. If you really want to make a fangame and want to share it, then unising the logo is by far the biggest trigger for the company (in this case blizzard) to take it down.
Even if the logo is edited like you did.
You're not being that guy!
Indeed you are correct on the logo point and I'm looking to make something better for sure.
I have certainly thought about the story and basically I don't name drop any important character yet except for thrall cause of that. I am hoping that judging by the size of my project and that I'm not going to be charging anything for it that I won't step on anyone's toes.
I will certainly be taking your advice and phase out the logo for something better once I can. Thanks a lot!!!

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The logo looks awesome, that isn't the problem, but before I did read 1 word I did recognize it as WotL. :p That says something. I don't think your logo is not good... It is just a risk.

Don't get me wrong. I think the game looks great. I don't know how big it is, but for 99% it looks like an original game. Accept for the logo. (Well,that, and naming the factions and Azeroth.)

I understand that your game is heavily inspired by World of Warcraft, and well... Why not? WoW is an awesome game. Specially in the time of WotL. :p

Ps. I am not against fan-games and specially since it seems like you don't use any copyrighted graphics. I just think using a rehashed logo is risky. I mean, more risky than fan-games are in general.

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The logo looks awesome, that isn't the problem, but before I did read 1 word I did recognize it as WotL. :p That says something. I don't think your logo is not good... It is just a risk.

Don't get me wrong. I think the game looks great. I don't know how big it is, but for 99% it looks like an original game. Accept for the logo. (Well,that, and naming the factions and Azeroth.)

I understand that your game is heavily inspired by World of Warcraft, and well... Why not? WoW is an awesome game. Specially in the time of WotL. :p

Ps. I am not against fan-games and specially since it seems like you don't use any copyrighted graphics. I just think using a rehashed logo is risky. I mean, more risky than fan-games are in general.
I totally get what you're saying and truth be told I actually didn't intend to show a relevance to wotlk, the story is based on classic wow lore.
The fact that it gives the wrong idea about the content makes me wanna change it even more. I was just brainstorming a logo and came up with something reminiscent to wow but not quite.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks pretty cool, I must say! My only concern is WoW is an MMO. Is this game going to be an MMO or a regular RPG, because MMOs are... hard.

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks pretty cool, I must say! My only concern is WoW is an MMO. Is this game going to be an MMO or a regular RPG, because MMOs are... hard.
Thanks for your kind words!
This is intended to be a single player game. There will be some features simulating party or raid play, but it will all be single player!

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I totally get what you're saying and truth be told I actually didn't intend to show a relevance to wotlk, the story is based on classic wow lore.
The fact that it gives the wrong idea about the content makes me wanna change it even more. I was just brainstorming a logo and came up with something reminiscent to wow but not quite.

Oh, I thought WotL was your go to, because... Well... That is the logo you based your logo on. Haha.

Look, this is the Lich King logo:
1643735971787.png

And this is the vanilla World of Warcraft logo:
1643736023205.png

The changes are minor, but they are there. And die hard fans, will indeed think of Lich King right away. :)

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I thought WotL was your go to, because... Well... That is the logo you based your logo on. Haha.

Look, this is the Lich King logo:
View attachment 214805

And this is the vanilla World of Warcraft logo:
View attachment 214807

The changes are minor, but they are there. And die hard fans, will indeed think of Lich King right away. :)
You're totally right! I was brainstorming some logos, what do you think about this IMG_20220201_192744.jpg

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like it. I mean, it is not finished of course, but yeah, I like it.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah haha. Thanks for the input!
No problem. Since we're on the topic of logo's anyway... I personally put way more value in a logo for myself as a developer, than in a logo for my game. (My avatar is my logo) But I guess that depends on the game. The bigger the game, the more important the logo, I guess. I mean, if you make a new game every month, then it would suck to have to make a new logo every single time. :p

I'd love to see how your logo turns out when you digitize it. Assuming you wouldn't use the lines paper version. :p (That is also what I meant by unfinished) :p

But uhm... I feel like I steer your topic into the direction of logo's. Didn't mean to do that, sorry. :p

---

I bookmarked your game, to try it out later. ;) Than I can reply on the game itself, instead of just the logo. Haha.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Messed up the chains... :kaoback:
Sw7U8dA.jpg

Character: Jeanne D'Arc from Fate/Apocrypha.
Neptrone wrote on Andar's profile.
Hello Andar, i just saw you created a lot of helpful thread in the past regarding RPG, genre, game design, etc, etc.

Do you have full collection or list about every useful thread that you made in the past ? I think it would be very useful for me.

I-G-M-C, I-G-M-C!
To be honest, I had no idea what this was until now haha. But it looks fun, so my main game is on hold for a month while I participate! :yhappy:
Going live for tonight's Rise of the Third Power! Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCMLinx