Happy Hobby Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hey-ho,

welcome to my "Planetary Workshop". So what's this all about you ask? Well, you propably can guess: It's all about planets!
Have you ever imagined your world map on a sphere, floating around in space, followed up by different planets you thought of and you would really like to make this idea become reality?
Is your group of adventurers travelling around in space and you need a background of the world they are visiting?
Did you want to begin your hero's adventure by adding a short scene with a picture of the world he lives in, similar to the shots in Star Wars? Is your mighty attack so strong, that there could be seen an explosion from outer space?
There are many reasons, why you, as a developer could need a planetary view. If you're looking for just that, then you're in the right place.

I'm a hobby pixel artist and I'm currently studying on world map and world design. I follow various teachings about tectonic plates while still keeping my maps on a fantasy based level. My new project, the Planetary Workshop, takes a step back from the traditional world map view, so that you as a developer can further expand your universe.

This is useful in games to switch from one world to another with images. How you do that, or how you want to use your planets is up to you, as I won't take that fun part of developement away from you! Since animation is a process that takes more time than creating still images, I won't be doing animations for free. Nevertheless you're allowed to change the image or animate it yourself to your liking.

You can contact me here, but please send me your request over the private message function.

My work here is not meant to be for paid commissions. All rights of the images belong to me. If you want to use my images for commercial use, contact me.

I will further expand this thread if I get new ideas.

How To: Request

The Plan

Description:

First of all: I need a good description. Add as much information as you can.
Is there water? Is there ice? If yes, are there different continents, or is there just one supercontinent which the game takes place in?
Where are these continents? North, South, East, West?
How big are the continents?
How far are the different landscapes away from each other? Keep in mind, that by placing a map around a sphere some land masses could disappear behind the image.
Are there any great rivers which divide the land? Are the regions more plain or rather filled with mountains?
What mood does your world present to the viewer? Is it a place one would like to visit?
Are there land masses untouched by civilization?
Have any major events changed the way the world looks from outer space? Something unnatural maybe?
Are there any moons, or different objects floating over the sky?

Additional References:

If you want you can give me a screenshot of your world map as a reference.
This won't replace the act of describing the planet though, it just helps me make the planet closer to the map you provide.

Resolution:

Make sure to tell me which resolution you need. I work with 126x126, but I can rescale your planet without any loss to a different resolution. I plan to make bigger resolutions in the future, but right now I'll stick with 126x126.

Special Request:

Your planet is torn into pieces?
There is something huge on it's surface, that's visible from space?
You want a moon, a meteorite, a sun, a black hole or other objects which you can add to your scene?
Tell me what you've envisioned. If I'm interested, I'll make it for you.

What I will NOT do

1. Animations
2. Draw the planets in a bigger resolution other than 126x126 px
3. Make entire scenes and backgrounds for you
4. Surrender my life to your request (It's done when it's done. Don't push me.)

The Examples

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't say I need something like this to complete me, but man that's cool.

Mihe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I may want to request something in the future, but for now I don't want to get too ahead of myself in my project. One step at a time haha. I really like the idea of this workshop. :D

Firb

Chaos bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, amazing workshop, this concept is just awesome !!!
I don't have requests but damn, when I read the topic I had to see what's in here...

Amazing work @Azmor, maybe one time i'll ask you a planet (for now i'me really far from making games) !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
Asphodelethe wrote on skybluehair's profile.
Hi! I loe your desert NPCs for adding some variety. I've used them in a free game (The Snow Elf on Itch.io) and I'd love to use them in the new game I'm working on, which I hope to release commercially. I'd love your permission if I could have it!

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GTFoxN6Y