Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I noted a few things like the missing top half of the tree to the left front of the church in Mercellus and the informant who continues to tell you to meet him after dark even though you've already done so, but I read all the previous comments and it looks like @Spermidine has already addressed anything I found. I did find some spelling errors and typos. I'll put them in a spoiler.

Elliot Village (Lower)
Innkeeper-"Hey cutie, havent seen you" should be "haven't"

Conversation with Ramus (Village Elder)
"...but we are under going a bit of trouble ourselves." One word not two, should be "undergoing"

Books-Elder's home-'The Forgotten One Part I'
"saught" is misspelled, should be "sought"

NPC Edward-Elliot Village (Upper by grave)
"They say theres a really great treasure..." should be "there's"

Forest of Doom
Conversation with Nall
"Ramus is the nearby towns Village Elder" should be "town's"

After defeating the murderer, Nall suggests they visit the Elder and then go for a drink. El replies
"Now your talking!" should be "Now you're talking!"

NPC in house Mercellus
"This towns always so noisy." should be "town's"

NPC outside Mercellus who doesn't like the king
"She's was a seamstress." should be either "She's" or "She was" but not both

NPC Sal Northwest home
Nall says "That is sort of a convincing El." should be "That is sort of convincing, El." or "That is sort of a convincing argument, El."
Later in same conversation, Sal says
"I woke up over a buddies house" should be "a buddy's house"

NPC at bar in tavern
"the run fun starts at night." should that be "the real fun" ??

NPC Informant
"So, your curious about" should be "So, you're curious about"

Duncan's defeat, Nall says "Your going to tell us" should be "You're going to tell us"
Later Duncan says "instilling fear into its' people." should just be "its"
Larz later says "The boy is right I'm afraid the guards" should have a period "The boy is right. I'm afraid"

Cutscene with Larz outside mansion, "keep the flith off the streets" should be "filth" then "why throw away your royaly?" should be "royalty"
"And, the Count was apart of it?" should be "was a part of it?"
(which is actually pretty funny because 'was apart of it' means he was separate of it so not a part of it at all, while 'a part of it' means he was totally involved. That's the English language for you!)
Up to you on this one - "spelt" is "spelled" incorrectly, unless, of course, you were going for the conversational lingo like "gotcha"
"that young girl who's mother was murdered" should be "whose mother"
"evidence we needed to move foreward with the case" should be "forward"
"Only the King has access to it's chambers." should be "its"
"Artifacts, you mean the ones' that were sealed", no apostrophe, should be "the ones that"
I haven't yet surfaced from the sewers having escaped from the castle dungeon. It's a fun game. :)

Edit-If you reenter Lezul Cavern after going to Pengrant, when you exit to the south again, you end up 'stuck' on a water tile to the west instead of on land. :( This forces you to reload from your previous save.

Last edited:

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Sarretth
Glad to hear you are changing the encounter frequency in some areas. Of course, recently being given the piece equipment that minimizes encounters has also made me very happy.

I just started the premier dungeons and have to say the game has been very enjoyable. I'll most likely be playing a second time after you release your final version. I just found the boat race oasis tile, so I wonder what else might be "hidden" like secret rooms I have never found (I thought the synopsis mentioned secret rooms, but I might be mistaken). I started writing notes after the main quest log stopped updating. It will be nice to have that back.

@Lady_JJ
Glad to see you here. I'm surprised you missed "Jewelery" in the equipment list description. My brit roommate in college called it Jewellery (2 l's) and insisted Americans were virtually the only ones in the world who spelled it Jewelry. Turns out that Chris was right.

It has been an enjoyable game except for some encounter rates that are being addressed. There are also lots of chances to acquire equipment and reserve party members seem to get full EXP which is great. What character class did you choose in the beginning? I chose "Thief" and then acquired another thief early in the game. Having 2 of them gives some excellent attack options against larger groups, but I am curious what other starting classes get you. Lots of conversation decisions, too, so I wonder if @Sarretth has counters coded that are possibly going to change endings.

EDIT: Added event-Gamebreaker. If you visit the Hunter's Cabin after completing Nall's prestige dungeon in the ruins of the Forest of Doom, the party cannot leave the building. El says, "I better look around in here first." Checking the bodies in the basement results in no party comments. Also an FYI that the blood spots are on the layer above the party which can walk under each of them.

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kimo I focused mainly on the dialogues.
@Sarretth I saved Elise, rested in the tent, and cut to Melinda. Melinda has a face in the text window but no character sprite? I have to guess where she is because of the missing char sprite. It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned this before so I'm wondering if it was a charsheet that was missing in the latest build? But doesn't a missing charsheet usually give you an error message? I'm just hoping this serpent can be killed quickly and then my original party will return.

Edit-Well, this didn't work out. Random battle encounter (Serpent Cove) keeps giving this error

1626734313822.png
Guess I'll need to quit playing for the time being.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
Perfect timing. I can't find Serpent's Cove even though I've been there before. Any help would be appreciated. What's it near?

@Sarretth or anyone who has done the Prestige Dungeons.
I am absolutely stuck. As I mentioned, I cannot find Serpent's cove and I do remember reading someone's earlier post with a similar issue. I'm going back to re-read this thread.

I have completed 4 Prestige dungeons and I hope the bridge, or boats, will be available at some point so I can get to Talamar Castle.

Anyone? What's next to do besides finding Serpent's Cove.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kimo - It's a hole in the ground at the central south edge of a rectangular island. There is one town in the northwest corner. There is a mountain range along the northern edge of the island. Can't tell you anything more than that as I arrived by a cutscene, so have no idea where exactly on the world map this island appears.

I did the raft races on the way to Pengrant. I didn't write down the phrase I would need at some point find my way into a tree. I'm hoping the dev included something in the dialogue that will remind me when the time comes.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kimo - It's a hole in the ground at the central south edge of a rectangular island. There is one town in the northwest corner. There is a mountain range along the northern edge of the island. Can't tell you anything more than that as I arrived by a cutscene, so have no idea where exactly on the world map this island appears.

I did the raft races on the way to Pengrant. I didn't write down the phrase I would need at some point find my way into a tree. I'm hoping the dev included something in the dialogue that will remind me when the time comes.

A cutscene? Thanks, that's possibly why I cannot find it. I can't get any boat right now. I did get to the Volcano earlier, too. Looks like I'm stuck until @Sarretth or someone else responds.

Also, I didn't get any Serpent Cove error messages like you reported above.

I didn't write down anything either about the lost treasure, but one pirate where visible boats are not being chartered did mention the island's name. I wish someone in the party would steal a boat.

EDIT: okay, I just realized I had never checked out Larz's brother's palace area. Hopefully, this will advance the storyline. No guards were by the east side of the town, so I forgot to even check.

For future players (and for when I play this again), you DO need to go back to the castle from where you escaped the dungeon, via the sewers, early in the game and need to confron Larz's brother to advance the story. Apparently that triggers your ability to get a boat and do a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ Thank you for all the spelling error checks, I just finished making all of those fixes. I'm not really sure why you got that error message. Can you explain in detail leading up to it on how you got it?

Also, I'm making a huge list that I plan to post in the next few days that will include all of the changes that will be made with a tagged spoiler. I've already made heavy changes to the Blood Knight class in general as it is way too good in terms of its health leech.

Going forward:
- The thing that is taking the longest time for me to get this update out is the quest log. It takes a long time to write everything out and make it neat and obviously as spelling error free as I can. This includes the main/side area content that hasn't been made available yet.
- I've replayed the game numerous times again on different classes just to get a feel of how each will play throughout the story. Which brings yet again the concern of balancing issues., but I am trying my best.
- IMPORTANT: Any feedback on the different classes would be extremely helpful. (i.e. were certain bosses too difficult or easy).

I want to thank all of you for playing my game and giving such supportive feedback!

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It looks like Melinda 's sprite should be from Actor4, at least that's the file her face image is on. When I look at that image file, there are only 5 characters, the other 3 sets are blank.

1626812424413.png

Maybe her charset is on a different file? I don't see one that looks like her. At any rate, her sprite is invisible.

As for the fatal battle error, as soon as I encounter a battle, I get the start of the battle music, flash, and screen shake, then the game crashes. I can't tell you what the enemy is because the battle event never gets that far.

Since it doesn't appear that anyone else has had this issue, I'll try redownloading and see if my zipped file was somehow corrupted.

Edit - redownloaded and still the same 2 issues. I did find what I think is Melinda's char sprite on El.png so I guess it's not missing, it just doesn't show. And the random battle encounter still causes the game to crash.

If the package I downloaded is the same package @kimo and others have downloaded, then I would say the problem must exist on my end, though I've never run into any such issue like this before. I would be happy to provide a save file with the missing Melinda sprite just at the entrance to Serpent Cove so all you have to do is press the down arrow, then enter to enter the cove. Then just move around until you hit a random encounter. Until then, I'll replay some of the shop scenes as I know there were a few spelling/grammatical errors I didn't write down.

Last edited:

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First of all, that Treant floor puzzle was insane. Disappearing floor pieces and a 60 second time limit? So, my strategy was to do the puzzle in 3 sections. There's a couple of places where you will get trapped, so I practiced the first 1/3 until I could do it without any errors and then saving and starting from that point until almost through using another save slot. And then learning how to get to the exit and hoping time wouldn't run out.

@Lady_JJ There is a prompt for the words neither of us wrote down, but it is multiple choice and I just chose the first line.

@Sarretth
There is a Clovis Ring found in Larz's brother's (king) Bedroom, but it never appeared in inventory after being found.

I am not having a problem like @Lady_JJ with Melinda's sprite being invisible and I have the same 5-character sheet she posted. But, I did only review it after Melinda became a Monk.

I will give you some feedback about the characters when I get them all. I do think some can be tweaked. Some characters' skills can probably be lessened while others can be strengthened. And I haven't had to use skill-based strategies. My characters are about lvl 60 and I am at Talamar Castle with 6 prestige dungeons completed.

I'm also really curious about how starting class choice might change the game. No one can wield a scythe in my current party.

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ - Sure I don't mind taking a look at the save file to see if I experience the same error.

@kimo - Yeah, the puzzle is a little hard, lol. I just added a new functionality to it to allow you to reset at anytime during the puzzle without having to wait for the timer. Also, the Clovis Ring has been fixed with the new copy that will be released thank you. I look forward to your feedback regarding the classes, thank you!

Important Update:
- I have a day for the update release, July 25th.
- This will include all the content, as mentioned previously.
- I will be posting the list of changes in the next couple days, so look forward to that.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Sarretth

@Lady_JJ sent me her save file. Very strange situation. I can replicate it. There are no overworld encounters on that island, so it only happens inside the Serpent's cove. You have to use a mouse to maneuver and all NPC's in town respond as expected (tricky to engage them).

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ - Sure I don't mind taking a look at the save file to see if I experience the same error.

@kimo - Yeah, the puzzle is a little hard, lol. I just added a new functionality to it to allow you to reset at anytime during the puzzle without having to wait for the timer. Also, the Clovis Ring has been fixed with the new copy that will be released thank you. I look forward to your feedback regarding the classes, thank you!

Important Update:
- I have a day for the update release, July 25th.
- This will include all the content, as mentioned previously.
- I will be posting the list of changes in the next couple days, so look forward to that.
Since you're going to be uploading a new release, I'll just wait to download and play from that release. This way we'll all be playtesting from the same build and it will be easier to tell if something is errant with the game files or if the problem lies with my computer.

Edit - @kimo must have been replying at the same time as me since I just now saw that posting. As the issue can be replicated, I'll give you this link to save file 20 that shows the problem.

Also, a few more possible text edits for you
Pengrant-Elder Dusty
"Yes, they are the one's I escaped" no apostrophe, should be "the ones I"

NPC in upper left house
"think your some grand" should be "think you're some grand"

Well-"Hey it looks like there something" should be "like there's something"

Inn cutscene
Gin says "Yeah. Well let's head get some sleep I guess." awkward, should be more like "let's head to bed and get some sleep" or just "let's get some sleep"

After saving Elice
Cutscene with Melinda and Cassandra
Cassandra says "be just ascenine" misspelled, should be "assinine"
Same cutscene, "victorous" misspelled, should be "victorious"

Clarissa says "The pleasure it all mine." should be "is all mine."

Descriptions
Robe "looks as if its been damped with water" should be "as if it's been"
Hasta "known for its' throwing capabilties" should be "its" no apostrophe
Shoes "built for comfor;" should be "comfort;"
Ornate Rod "Bejewled cane" should be "Bejeweled"
Breastplate "refined to its' peak." should be "its" no apostrophe
Pagoma Essence "Its' use is unknown" should be "Its use"
Brave Jacket "gets it's name" should be "gets its name"
Power Gauntlet "within you hand" should be "within your hand"
Elitist Turban "Know for it's use" should be "known for its use"
Regis's Grips should be Regis' Grips
Juggler's Tower Shield has no description

Last edited:

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ - Okay, so after looking at your save file, "Melinda" isn't in your active party. I'm not really sure how you managed that one. Hence why she's invisible on the maps. But, when you get into an encounter since she isn't in the party it throws an error message because there's no combatants. Also, thanks for another list of spelling updates. I'll implement those in right now.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ - Okay, so after looking at your save file, "Melinda" isn't in your active party. I'm not really sure how you managed that one. Hence why she's invisible on the maps. But, when you get into an encounter since she isn't in the party it throws an error message because there's no combatants. Also, thanks for another list of spelling updates. I'll implement those in right now.
Wait... wait!! You're not really sure how I managed it? All I did was follow the cutscene. You can see here that Melinda's sprite isn't showing, even in the cutscene.

1626892335684.png

I'm assuming Melinda should be standing to the left of Cassandra, right? But, nope, she's not visible. I haven't had any control over the game since I rescued Elise, so I didn't do anything!

If I go to the menu, it looks like Melinda is in the party....

1626892511182.png

No matter. I'll just wait for the new build.

Last edited:

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ
Err, I didn't mean to sound rude. After running some tests I did figure out how the problem occurred. It is due to the party make-up. At least when I tested it, I replicated what happened to you when I put "El" in the secondary party. The problem is because of how party members are removed and then added. I had it removing "El" first and then adding "Melinda", so that if you don't have "El" in the current party, "Melinda" will end up in the secondary party. "Melinda" is in your party, but she is a bit opaque to signify she's in the secondary party/not active party. Hopefully that clears some things up. I fixed the problem for the updated release. I apologize that that even happened in the first place.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Sarretth
Thanks for fully explaining that strange occurance with @Lady_JJ. For as many times as the party is juggled by the game, this should definitely be structured to never happen where an invisible party member is possible.

I am in Elket Spire and will be replaying after the new release to provide you with observations. This has been an overall excellent game and could easily be sold with minimal additional work.

Here are some basic recent notes for you.
One item in Talamar Castle is apparently free
Azshura_FreeStuff.png

Arvine Town
Cannot land here with the boat. Edgar and the Inn are the only 2 functional parts of the town. I am sure you're aware of that, but introducing Edgar so late in the game makes him somewhat useless. At least I finally found a character who can use a sythe. Maybe just have him with an S.O.S. on a small island?

In Elket Spire, there is a mysterious icon appearing above Larz. Is that a function of something he has equipped? The icon moves around and changes appearance.
Azshura_MysteryImage.png

Yule mountains I am sure you are aware of. Cannot land with Boat nor engage undead at top of the mountain.

Krul's Cove Spoiler for @Lady_JJ
If you talk with the fairy, it will take ALL your gold in exchange for some very good stuff. I would suggest holding onto equipment so you can sell it at Talamar Castle before taking off in your balloon. Even if you bought equipment to later sell, you would only lose 50% of your gold.

EDIT: Just finished the game. Excellent final ending (at least given my choices/answers) and with a good ending Boss battle and closure. I made it to Lvl 80-90. Looking forward to playing it again after your next release. This was a good 20 hour game (I explore more than many people). I might choose Martial Artist next play because Melinda kicked butt. My party was typically El, Melinda, Larz, & Marik. Having a second Thief early in the game, did make things a bit easier for me because of the All Enemy attacks the 2 Thiefs had (Flying Knives).

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
Err, I didn't mean to sound rude. After running some tests I did figure out how the problem occurred. It is due to the party make-up. At least when I tested it, I replicated what happened to you when I put "El" in the secondary party. The problem is because of how party members are removed and then added. I had it removing "El" first and then adding "Melinda", so that if you don't have "El" in the current party, "Melinda" will end up in the secondary party. "Melinda" is in your party, but she is a bit opaque to signify she's in the secondary party/not active party. Hopefully that clears some things up. I fixed the problem for the updated release. I apologize that that even happened in the first place.
I had a saved game just before exiting the tent, so I quickly added El, exited, and all is good now. :) Glad you were able to find and fix the problem. On my way to Serpent's Cove now.

@kimo - Thanks for the tip re: Krul's Cove. I'll do a bunch of shopping before meeting up with that fairy scallywag! LOL

Edit-The Serpent Battle needs to be fixed. If it's a battle meant to be lost, then it should be lost after just a few rounds. I had 30 Hi-potions and I used all of them, probably one every other round, so that's a minimum of 60 rounds I devoted to a battle in which I was clearly meant to lose, then awoke with the new power and took out the serpent the very next round. My advice is to give the serpent some type of critical skill that will take out Melinda in the 3rd or 4th round tops, rather than just spamming that one water wave skill for 60+ rounds.

Last edited:

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo
One item in Talamar Castle is apparently free
- I actually noticed it the other day. I can't believe I missed that >.<.
Arvine/Yule Mountains
- This place was always meant to be side story. "Edgar" was also meant to be a side character. He has a separate story away from the story-line that wasn't fleshed out in the copy that you current have, but will be in the update.

In Elket Spire, there is a mysterious icon appearing above Larz. Is that a function of something he has equipped? The icon moves around and changes appearance.
- That's actually a side-weapon/shield you have equipped, "Krul's Orb".

I'm glad you enjoyed the ending! The update also features a few end-game super bosses, so hopefully you find those enjoyable as well.

@Lady_JJ
- I'm glad you got it working again! Your input was well received and I've already applied a fix that I think will work well for the
Serpent Battle

UPDATE:
- I will be posting the full list of changes tomorrow evening (around 8-11 PM EST).
- Tentative update release date/time, July 25th (around 8-11 PM EST).

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this NPC in the Dryad Forest meant to do anything?

1626994825493.png
These are after obtaining the ship

If you return to the Mercellus Castle and enter the throne room, you get frozen in a black map and Luena's Ocarina won't help you out this time.

If you return to Melinda's hometown, the map and characters are just as they were before Melinda went to the Serpent Cove the very first time. It is no longer destroyed and everyone is alive and well.

Going to see if that airship is finally ready now.... :)

Well, the airship still isn't ready. :( I have all 7 characters ascended and I don't know where else to go. The only place I know I can get into, but can't progress, is the Treant Puzzle, which I'm hoping is optional. If I have to solve it, is there any logic involved or is it just blind luck that you can somehow stumble across the correct path? I'm fairly certain I should be going to Alket's Spire, but I'm also thinking that's why I need the airship. Any and all help appreciated.

Edit Again - Well, I do seem to have a problem with missing characters. I've lost Luena. I had to go back a few saves because I didn't know she was missing for a while. Turns out she never came back to the party after Nall ascended. She was there, Nall went solo to become an Astion and when the party regrouped, no Luena. Nobody else has lost her? Just me? Nall was my last prestige. I suppose I could go back to an even earlier save prior to the last prestige before Nall's, do Nall's, then do the last one and see if Luena comes back to the party. I'm just dumbfounded that no one else has lost her. Sorry...

ATTACH FILES

SAVE CANCEL

Last edited:

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ
Is this NPC in the Dryad Forest meant to do anything?
- She's supposed to be dead, lol. But, in that older game file the switches aren't working correctly, so she appears there as if nothing happened.

If you return to the Mercellus Castle and enter the throne room, you get frozen in a black map and Luena's Ocarina won't help you out this time.
- This is fixed in the new update.

If you return to Melinda's hometown, the map and characters are just as they were before Melinda went to the Serpent Cove the very first time. It is no longer destroyed and everyone is alive and well.
- Fixed for updated game

As far as losing "Luena", I actually just looked over it and it seems she does indeed disappear. The switch does turn on though, so if you got back to a previous prestige dungeon and exit; she should re-appear into your party. Thanks for catching this.

To get the airship you have to get all 4 of the relic weapons:
- Trishula
- Caliburnus
- Siegmund's Scythe
- Krul's Cane

Afterwards, you go back to "Lady Daeva" and the ship will be ready.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DadOfSpaceMonkey