Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ - Right, I also lowered some of the experience points gained early on as I felt it may have been a little too fast. Lol, the chicken's great ;o.

Quests- Right, I didn't add those quests to the quest log.

My thoughts/reasoning:
- I like the idea of a quest log in a game, but only to a certain extent. Having it there for the story-line is awesome, but sometimes I like the idea of exploring on my own. By putting it all into a quest log, it takes away from that experience. I'm probably overthinking it though.

Cat Quest:
The stray cat quest? You mean in the first dungeon? It should just auto-walk away from you when you get closer and then guard the chest in the bottom-right.

Going Forward:
I appreciate the feed-back I really do. As a side-note, I never intended/will never monetize this game. It's just a game that I put together over the years. (my first full game). But, I will have many in the works for the future (i.e. what I've been going to university for). For those of you who have played and left valuable feed-back; if you'd like to play my next game, please just send me a direct message and I will make sure to get you a copy of my next game for free. 95% of the sprites and animations are hand-drawn by myself. See below for a sample.

Shadow Knight

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Aaah, I thought it had something to do with the large Cheshire-type cat that just flees from each battle.

I totally understand your reasoning regarding the quest log. It does seem to be quite cumbersome to set up and maintain.

Question regarding the Everlasting Potion of Life - The description says it revives an ally to full life, yet it doesn't seem to revive. It will replenish a live actor's HP to full, but has no effect on a dead actor.

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooh that cat! It's just an enemy with high agility that rewards extra "xp" if you can kill it before it escapes.

I will probably eventually incorporate those quests into the quest log.

The Everlasting Potion of Life... It seems I have an error there. The scope is incorrect. It will only target one ally. I made the corrections.

Another area I'm looking into is the Artifact - Weapons/Armor. I'm not really sure if they need a buff or not. I know a few mentioned that they are weaker then some of the other late game gear.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
Thanks for the reminder about the arena. I totally forgot about that.
Quests for snowman/carrot and stray cat? Where did you find those?

@Sarretth
OMG!!!!! What was your plan at the end of the Treant? I know the Game Over screen very well now.

And thanks for the extra time for the disappearing floor puzzle.

And about the Arena. Is the a point in the game that is better than another? I can't even imagine what the chicken is like because I can barely make it past the Thin Man.

The upstairs arena merchant is broken. You can get an unlimited number of the 1st 4 listed items at no cost after beating the 1st contestant. The Potion of Antiquity apparently does cost 3 coins. At least I now know what a sigil is.

Last edited:

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo
The battle at the end of the Treant dungeon is supposed to be a tad bit difficult, lol. The time increase is but a small respite since the puzzle's a bit crazy. I'm not sure I understand your arena question. The arena is supposed to be the "most difficult" content of the game. If you are having trouble with it, then I would say finish, "Edgar's" storyline. You get a pretty nice reward from it that should help out.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I finished the Arena and had chicken wings for dinner. Yummmm.

Drusk was only possible with some luck, party dodging, and good use of expensive resources. But I finally beat him. I had to kill the chicken 2x because I didn't save before talking to Drusk. The developer note was a nice touch. Of course, I am now maxed out at Lvl. 99. This was definitely the hardest Arena I have played in any game and the outcome was worth the effort.

@Sarretth
Is the merchant in the battle area supposed to give unlimited amounts of the first 4 items he sells? That was a previous question I had asked. I had 7 of each sigil he has and 7 backpacks, but I now have coins to buy the 5th item he "sells".

I finished the Edgar quest. Nice touch for a reward. Thanks for the hint.

So the battle at the end of the Treant path is easier than the arena?

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo
First off congratulations; that's mighty impressive. Yes, the merchant sells un-limited amounts of the other items. It just gives you the opportunity to get one of each if you had wanted.

The battle at the end of treant path should be easier than the arena. I mean the chicken wings aren't easily earned, lol. Also, any final thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My first comment may have already been stated:

Larz’s “Raise All” doesn’t restore full HP as stated in description.

What happens if El is turned into his father with the item you can buy at the arena for 3 coins?

One person asked for Ale. Is that the Ale avail for 50,000,000 gold?

As an FYI, my primary party for my second play was El (as fighter), Gin, Melinda, Larz (and Nall)

First play the party was El (as thief), Nall (Melinda), Merik, and Larz.

Sarretth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo
"Raise All" not healing 100%.
- That was an error on my part. Fixed for next update.

What happens if
El is turned into his father
with the item you can buy at the arena for 3 coins?

El is removed from the party and you get Tenebrae, who has all the skills/abilities in the game. He also has all the hidden titles that may or may have not made it into the game except for the Arena title that you get upon completion of the Arena.

Edit: I'm not sure if there are any bugs if you proceed through the story with it, but the game should act as if you have "El".

One person asked for Ale. Is that the Ale avail for 50,000,000 gold?
- Yep. A nice little surprise awaits upon completion, lol.

As an FYI, my primary party for my second play was El (as fighter), Gin, Melinda, Larz (and Nall)
First play the party was El (as thief), Nall (Melinda), Merik, and Larz.

- I would happily take any input you have to offer regarding these classes through both of your playthroughs. What skills didn't you use? Which one's did you feel were over/under-powered? Was the not enough variety in the skills (i.e. should the class have more skills) or were their bread-and-butter skills okay?

I want extend my thanks for playing through my game again @kimo. I hope it was enjoyable and perhaps you'll play more of my games in the future.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Sarretth
I just sent you a very long PM regrading classes, spells, etc.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.
Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biscoitovelho