RMMV Azshura (4 YR.+ Project)

How good is this game... (For those that played at least 30 min.)

• Fantastic (5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Good (4)

• Good (3)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Fair (2)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Okay (1)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Appalling (0)

• Total voters

Sarretth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Azshura
Titlescreen.png
NOTES:
  • NOTE: Intended for a mature audience (curse words/sexual innuendos )
  • NOTE: Sorry in advance for the weird image cropping and video edits.
  • NOTE: Game download file is saved as 7.zip.

UPDATES:
  • Included a few more screen shots and event/combat demo. videos.

VIDEOS:
Event Demo.

Combat Demo.
SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
  • This game has been a work in progress for many years. I'd like to see it through to the end. But, enough about that...
  • Goal: The goal here is to get feedback on the game overall to include: combat, balancing, story, etc...
  • Length: This game is a bit longer than most I would like to think. Right now it has about 5-7 hours of play-ability, but is definitely longer for reasons I won't go into.
  • This game uses a CTB (Conditional Turn-based) combat system. (AKA. Action speed is based off of agility)
  • The game uses most of Yanfly's plug-ins.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
NOTE: The game is [1280 x 720], with full-screen capabilities.
Combat.png

Screenshot 2020-08-20 00.10.41.png

Screenshot 2020-08-20 00.11.05.png

Puzzles throughout dungeons.

Ruins.png
Screenshot 2020-08-20 00.15.49.png

Screenshot 2020-08-20 00.14.02.png

Screenshot 2020-08-20 00.13.47.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
"SPOILERS" Before you read the character synopsis', please note that they may contain story spoilers.

El Highwind

El.PNG
El is originally from the town of Elsbury, located off an island far west of Azshura. At the age of 13 he chose his vocation, taking on a greater task than he knew. Several years later, his father left for Azshura leaving him and his mother behind. It wasn't but a couple years later at the young age of 21 he realized his destiny. At this time, his mother was deathly ill, and in her death she requested him to find his father. It was then that El took on the journey to find his father and he ancient artifacts to end the darkness that plagued his mother and now the world.

Nall

Nall.PNG
Nall is an explorer of the sorts. He first meets El in the Forest of Doom while he was on an expedition to check out the ruins there. Little is known about his past or why he is even an explorer to begin with. He tends to get made fun of because of his expressive reactions and often time is bickering with Gin.

Gin Cutlass

Gin.PNG
Gin is a cut-purse originally brought up in the town of Pengrant. He first meets El in the Mercellus Kingdom Dungeon where he helps him and Nall to escape. Gin has apparent connections with Larz and is looking for a cure for some reason or other. He hopes to gain what he is looking for by making large amounts of money and intends to do so by following El.

Luena Felton

Luena.PNG
Luena is the disciple of Master Del who lives in the Tower of Abanzul. She was taken in at a young age when her parents were killed on a pilgrimage. Not much is known of her origin, but she sure packs an attitude. She is first encountered by El at the bottom of Mt. Vulcanus where she followed him. Her reasons were un-clear, but she clearly hates those who don't consider the needs of a woman.

Marik Vingard

Marik.PNG
Marik is a kind-hearted soul that is a little understood. He feels that power alone is necessary to protect those that he loves and will do anything that is required to obtain it. He is first encountered in Pengrant after the Mt. Vulcanus event. After suffering the death of his lover he finds little to do with any discussion and therefore quiet throughout most of the journey.

Melinda Tieron

Melinda.PNG
Melinda is known to be quite the trouble-maker throughout Shu'sen Village. Though she loathes being told what to do or how a woman should live she finds it best to stick to her own code of conduct. She enjoys going on secret hunting missions with her friend/next village elder Ren. though she often finds herself in trouble her best-friend Cassandra always seems to bring her back to the light. She is first encountered by El after the Troupe Camp incident.

Larz Lordrend

Larz.png

Larz is the first prince of Mercellus Kingdom. At a young age he learned the ways of becoming a fine king and royalty. Unable to cope with this lifestyle he sought refuge elsewhere when his parents were murdered, leaving the burden of king to his brother Wyn. Running away from it all he joined the church hoping to find his niche in life. Years later he would return to the kingdom and serve under the king as a shade or investigator; weeding out the darkness that lay hidden around the kingdom.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
  • Story: The main quest-line revolves around El by default and his companions Nall, Gin, Luena, Larz, Marik, and Melinda. This gives a total of 7 playable characters each with their own unique class w/ the main character being able to select from a few different choices. The game starts with El, 13 years old. This is the age when those with special powers known as "artisans" must choose their vocations (AKA class). Years later, El's father leaves their hometown of Elsbury for reasons unknown, though he was known for his travels. Thus, leaving El and his mother alone. Years later, El's mother would grow sick to a seemingly un-curable illness (a dark magic being released through the earth; brought on by Gul'duh's revival). Before her death, she bequeathed El to search out his father in hopes of re-uniting them. El, stricken with the shock of his mothers loss and the "disappearance" of his father justified the means for El to find a means to put an end to the corruption of the world. He would leave Elsbury in search of his father and seek out "ancient" artifacts that could help him reach his goal.

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
  • The name of the world is, Azshura. The same name as the title. Not really sure what else to say without spoiling the game, lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gabbyxo97

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, so let me first tell you, I loved the game for how much I could play. It wasn't too easy all the time especially bosses were difficult enough, but not too hard that it was a pain in the ass. I loved the areas, finding items and the quest system was really cool.

The game though - especially for a 4 year old project - has way too many bugs. I'll list a few, and I'm not 100% where they occurred but these are bugs that kind of made me stuck as well a few times.

- After being thrown into prison by the king and queen, at some point your partner in crime - the one you met in the beginning - was talking but he wasn't in your party, so he was there but also not
- During the battle of Iron Giant, the game was frozen, but only the graphics. The battle went on, sounds could be heard, and I even heard the game over music and main menu music, but I saw the point of the battle that I was stuck in.
- Certain places got me stuck. For example, the upper room of the elder's house, I believe the forest in the same overworld area as the castle and there might be more I forgot.
- After escaping the volcano, you eventually play as somebody else and that character gets always stuck in the forest. This means you can't progress the game at all after this point.

For a game that's 4 years in development, it's sad to see I could get softlocked a lot. Especially since I really liked the gameplay besides that.

Sarretth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so let me first tell you, I loved the game for how much I could play. It wasn't too easy all the time especially bosses were difficult enough, but not too hard that it was a pain in the ass. I loved the areas, finding items and the quest system was really cool.

The game though - especially for a 4 year old project - has way too many bugs. I'll list a few, and I'm not 100% where they occurred but these are bugs that kind of made me stuck as well a few times.

- After being thrown into prison by the king and queen, at some point your partner in crime - the one you met in the beginning - was talking but he wasn't in your party, so he was there but also not
- During the battle of Iron Giant, the game was frozen, but only the graphics. The battle went on, sounds could be heard, and I even heard the game over music and main menu music, but I saw the point of the battle that I was stuck in.
- Certain places got me stuck. For example, the upper room of the elder's house, I believe the forest in the same overworld area as the castle and there might be more I forgot.
- After escaping the volcano, you eventually play as somebody else and that character gets always stuck in the forest. This means you can't progress the game at all after this point.

For a game that's 4 years in development, it's sad to see I could get softlocked a lot. Especially since I really liked the gameplay besides that.
Gabby,

Let me start off by thanking you for playing the game/leaving a comment. I'm really grateful. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the parts that weren't so "buggy". I want to apologize for that. There are a few reasons why there are quite a few as the game has been under-going some drastic changes. I will make the changes ASAP, and re-issue the download for play. Also, any and all comments about the story, or feedback on just about anything is greatly appreciated.

Since the game was close to completion, it was a mix-up of where to post it. Looking back, it probably would have been more wise to post it under "Games In Development". Anyways... The changes that have caused some of these bugs you mentioned include:

• Updating old maps that I made years ago, because I just sucked at map making.
  • Re-doing/making old events that were just bad.
  • When I finished the game, I realized I didn't like having black boxes for borders. So, I re-sized the game for larger resolutions, which has since caused a lot of issues.
  • Re-writing a lot of the quests and creating a lot more side story content to explore (i.e. Bonus Dungeons/Party Member Quests/etc...)

Bugs:
  • "After being thrown into prison by the king and queen, at some point your partner in crime - the one you met in the beginning - was talking but he wasn't in your party, so he was there but also not"
    • I'm not sure where exactly you mean, I'm sorry. I'll have to look more into it as I haven't experienced this myself.

• "During the battle of Iron Giant, the game was frozen, but only the graphics. The battle went on, sounds could be heard, and I even heard the game over music and main menu music, but I saw the point of the battle that I was stuck in."
    • Could you tell me when exactly it happened? At the start of the fight, after you used a certain skill, after the boss used a skill, what battle animation speed you use, etc...?

• Certain places got me stuck. For example, the upper room of the elder's house, I believe the forest in the same overworld area as the castle and there might be more I forgot.
    • I recently overhauled the world-map, which is the reason it is warping to the forest. I have been editing these changes, again I apologize.

• After escaping the volcano, you eventually play as somebody else and that character gets always stuck in the forest. This means you can't progress the game at all after this point.
    • This is another one of those over-looked areas. I haven't thoroughly play-tested the map changes.

The game as it stands...
  • The story/endings have been finished for quite some time (I think there's like 10 or so endings).
  • I am happy with most of the mapping, so it's just a matter of tying up lose ends.
  • I want to have the game fixed and ready within the next few weeks.

Gabbyxo97

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Gabby,

Let me start off by thanking you for playing the game/leaving a comment. I'm really grateful. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the parts that weren't so "buggy". I want to apologize for that. There are a few reasons why there are quite a few as the game has been under-going some drastic changes. I will make the changes ASAP, and re-issue the download for play. Also, any and all comments about the story, or feedback on just about anything is greatly appreciated.

Since the game was close to completion, it was a mix-up of where to post it. Looking back, it probably would have been more wise to post it under "Games In Development". Anyways... The changes that have caused some of these bugs you mentioned include:

• Updating old maps that I made years ago, because I just sucked at map making.
  • Re-doing/making old events that were just bad.
  • When I finished the game, I realized I didn't like having black boxes for borders. So, I re-sized the game for larger resolutions, which has since caused a lot of issues.
  • Re-writing a lot of the quests and creating a lot more side story content to explore (i.e. Bonus Dungeons/Party Member Quests/etc...)

Bugs:
  • "After being thrown into prison by the king and queen, at some point your partner in crime - the one you met in the beginning - was talking but he wasn't in your party, so he was there but also not"
    • I'm not sure where exactly you mean, I'm sorry. I'll have to look more into it as I haven't experienced this myself.

• "During the battle of Iron Giant, the game was frozen, but only the graphics. The battle went on, sounds could be heard, and I even heard the game over music and main menu music, but I saw the point of the battle that I was stuck in."
    • Could you tell me when exactly it happened? At the start of the fight, after you used a certain skill, after the boss used a skill, what battle animation speed you use, etc...?

• Certain places got me stuck. For example, the upper room of the elder's house, I believe the forest in the same overworld area as the castle and there might be more I forgot.
    • I recently overhauled the world-map, which is the reason it is warping to the forest. I have been editing these changes, again I apologize.

• After escaping the volcano, you eventually play as somebody else and that character gets always stuck in the forest. This means you can't progress the game at all after this point.
    • This is another one of those over-looked areas. I haven't thoroughly play-tested the map changes.

The game as it stands...
  • The story/endings have been finished for quite some time (I think there's like 10 or so endings).
  • I am happy with most of the mapping, so it's just a matter of tying up lose ends.
  • I want to have the game fixed and ready within the next few weeks.
Bug 1:

After going to the king - I don't remember his name because I suffer from bad short term memory - he ends up throwing you in prison. At a certain point the guy you met at the beginning in the forest of doom (IIRC) will start talking, but he isn't in the overworld. He isn't in battles either but the fact he talks shows that he's there.

Bug 2:

I don't even remember. Weird thing is, with another game I had the same and I'm pretty sure I did something completely different in that game. I don't think it's necessarily a problem with your game, but rather with RPG Maker MV (maybe something to do with the FPS or something, not sure). I think I pressed B a few times (B on my XBOX Controller) and it happened, while at the other game I selected a skill and it froze. So I really don't think it's something wrong with this game, but I'm unsure why it happens.

Bug 3 & 4:

Mistakes happen, it's an easy thing to forget.

Sorry if my explanations aren't amazing, English isn't my first language and although it is pretty great I'm terrible at explaining in general so yeah

Leon_Trodskill

Dumbest Guy Alive
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I played a bit less than 3 hours (until the forest softlock mentionned by Gabby), and really enjoyed it (for what it's worth, as I'm a total novice in RPG Maker). Especially loved the interactions within the party, which really made me like the characters I play.

Anyway, here is the list of what I think is worthy of reporting :

• After finding the Life Root for Edward's side quest, I could claim the reward multiple times, farming gold and Ice Packs.

• When you get the charm to go to the castle, if you talk to a guard while standing next to him, he goes through you. This one isn't problematic at all, it's just graphic.

• I don't know if it is possible to fix this one easily, but the fake wall in the cell doesn't have any shadow.

• I found out that you can't buy more than one copy of a piece of armour (or weapon) at a time. Once again, not a game-breaking bug.

• During the fight against the Iron Giant, the latter switched between standing and flying animations when I attacked it (like 1 frame standing, 1 flying, then he went back to standing with the right animation), unsure if it was intended or not.

• By the Elder, Gin seems to be hiding in the entrance, is this intended (as the Elder doesn't seem to mind at all) ?

• Against the Assassin in the volcano, my Hero could counter a counter attack (I attacked, he counter attacked, I counter attacked). Unsure if I missed his attack or not.

• Lastly, this is not a bug, but I found while playing that Blood Knight was insane (maybe a bit too OP) :
    • Against Count Duncan, I could win by using only the first spell (Leech something), since it was free and stronger than his Cataclysm. I felt like I was supposed to lose against him (because of the dialogues following the fight), but maybe I am mistaken.
    • As soon a Blood Onslaught is unlocked, most fights became way too easy, since the spell is free as long as it touches 2 ennemies (thanks to the heal brought by the scythe I suppose ?), and even heals my Hero if it touches 3 opponents or more.

I truly hope this is helpful, and please forgive me for my horrendous English, you know how we Froggies can't learn English properly.

Sarretth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Leon,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. There is a certain vibe I'm going for here and I'm really hoping to achieve it. I've enclosed my response's below and updates on the game at the very bottom.

• After finding the Life Root for Edward's side quest, I could claim the reward multiple times, farming gold and Ice Packs.
    • Great catch, thank you. I had the event pages jumbled around as to not miss being able to turn this quest in after finishing the forest.

• "When you get the charm to go to the castle, if you talk to a guard while standing next to him, he goes through you. This one isn't problematic at all, it's just graphic."
    • Yeah, I had that event set-up weird. It was also just an awkward position for the guards to be. I actually changed the whole map so that will no longer be the case.

• "I don't know if it is possible to fix this one easily, but the fake wall in the cell doesn't have any shadow."
    • Also another map fix that has been changed as well. The way it was originally set-up, shading it would not be possible unless it was pre-shaded in GIMP or Adobe.

• "I found out that you can't buy more than one copy of a piece of armour (or weapon) at a time. Once again, not a game-breaking bug."
    • Did some digging through the script and found that it was because the there was a cap on max armors and weapons. (i.e. The script has a built it function for creating dynamic parameters for weapons/armor). I guess I had never paid attention to quantity when buying them. Glad you mentioned this!

• "During the fight against the Iron Giant, the latter switched between standing and flying animations when I attacked it (like 1 frame standing, 1 flying, then he went back to standing with the right animation), unsure if it was intended or not."
    • This is actually a funny one. So he goes standing because he is close to dying (kind of like a visual indicator, since his HP bar not visible). But, his spell casting sprite is the one floating. So, he goes back in the air to cast it and then back to the ground to his "almost dead" pose. I'll have to see if I can fix this will skill animation on the spell.

• "By the Elder, Gin seems to be hiding in the entrance, is this intended (as the Elder doesn't seem to mind at all) ?"
    • "Elder Dusty" in Pengrant (After Lezul Cavern) or "Elder Ramus" in Elliot Town (First town)?

• "Against the Assassin in the volcano, my Hero could counter a counter attack (I attacked, he counter attacked, I counter attacked). Unsure if I missed his attack or not."
    • As far as I am aware, you can counter a counter. Is the counter-attack icon and text not displaying at the top?

• "Lastly, this is not a bug, but I found while playing that Blood Knight was insane (maybe a bit too OP) :
    • Against Count Duncan, I could win by using only the first spell (Leech something), since it was free and stronger than his Cataclysm. I felt like I was supposed to lose against him (because of the dialogues following the fight), but maybe I am mistaken.
    • As soon a Blood Onslaught is unlocked, most fights became way too easy, since the spell is free as long as it touches 2 enemies (thanks to the heal brought by the scythe I suppose ?), and even heals my Hero if it touches 3 opponents or more."
      • That class has been difficult, if not the hardest class to balance. It's certainly no where near where I want it to be. I'm definitely going to have to put some time into developing a good formula for its scaling and "nerf" a good bit of the leech. I've definitely changed a lot of it's numbers since I put the game up for download.
You're input and thoughts are most certainly welcomed. I'm always looking to improve the game whether it is something small or larger scale. Thank you again for playing. I hope you'll stick around for after the fixes.

Future Outlook:

I've been putting in some massive hours trying to get it done before my college semester starts, but unfortunately with all the changes I've been making it's kind of put it behind schedule. Like I mentioned in a previous post I've changed much of the maps (updating and what not) to better fit the games new resolution. With my new schedule, it's looking like I'll be done sometime in September. I'm truly grateful for those that have taken the time to play the game as is and hope to hear continual feedback.

Updates since last post:
  • Updated all early game maps (Ship/Crystal room/Elliot/Mercellus Kingdom/Pengrant/Hunter's House/Forest/Embrak Village).
  • Added a skip option to introduction screen.
  • Changed quest-line for Murder Mystery (New Dialogue/Choice options).
  • Add new character to the game. (Not playable until late game).
  • Added 2 new villages/2 dungeons.
  • Added gambling casino/arena (Mercellus Kingdom) -- Only accessible at night.
  • Updated world map.
  • Fixed vehicle issues (i.e. landing on areas that are otherwise un-landable).
  • Other (i.e. grammatical areas, random spot fixes).

Leon_Trodskill

Dumbest Guy Alive
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Leon,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. There is a certain vibe I'm going for here and I'm really hoping to achieve it. I've enclosed my response's below and updates on the game at the very bottom.

• Great catch, thank you. I had the event pages jumbled around as to not miss being able to turn this quest in after finishing the forest.

• "When you get the charm to go to the castle, if you talk to a guard while standing next to him, he goes through you. This one isn't problematic at all, it's just graphic."
    • Yeah, I had that event set-up weird. It was also just an awkward position for the guards to be. I actually changed the whole map so that will no longer be the case.

• "I don't know if it is possible to fix this one easily, but the fake wall in the cell doesn't have any shadow."
    • Also another map fix that has been changed as well. The way it was originally set-up, shading it would not be possible unless it was pre-shaded in GIMP or Adobe.

• "I found out that you can't buy more than one copy of a piece of armour (or weapon) at a time. Once again, not a game-breaking bug."
    • Did some digging through the script and found that it was because the there was a cap on max armors and weapons. (i.e. The script has a built it function for creating dynamic parameters for weapons/armor). I guess I had never paid attention to quantity when buying them. Glad you mentioned this!

• "During the fight against the Iron Giant, the latter switched between standing and flying animations when I attacked it (like 1 frame standing, 1 flying, then he went back to standing with the right animation), unsure if it was intended or not."
    • This is actually a funny one. So he goes standing because he is close to dying (kind of like a visual indicator, since his HP bar not visible). But, his spell casting sprite is the one floating. So, he goes back in the air to cast it and then back to the ground to his "almost dead" pose. I'll have to see if I can fix this will skill animation on the spell.

• "By the Elder, Gin seems to be hiding in the entrance, is this intended (as the Elder doesn't seem to mind at all) ?"
    • "Elder Dusty" in Pengrant (After Lezul Cavern) or "Elder Ramus" in Elliot Town (First town)?

• "Against the Assassin in the volcano, my Hero could counter a counter attack (I attacked, he counter attacked, I counter attacked). Unsure if I missed his attack or not."
    • As far as I am aware, you can counter a counter. Is the counter-attack icon and text not displaying at the top?

• "Lastly, this is not a bug, but I found while playing that Blood Knight was insane (maybe a bit too OP) :
    • As soon a Blood Onslaught is unlocked, most fights became way too easy, since the spell is free as long as it touches 2 enemies (thanks to the heal brought by the scythe I suppose ?), and even heals my Hero if it touches 3 opponents or more."
      • That class has been difficult, if not the hardest class to balance. It's certainly no where near where I want it to be. I'm definitely going to have to put some time into developing a good formula for its scaling and "nerf" a good bit of the leech. I've definitely changed a lot of it's numbers since I put the game up for download.
You're input and thoughts are most certainly welcomed. I'm always looking to improve the game whether it is something small or larger scale. Thank you again for playing. I hope you'll stick around for after the fixes.

Future Outlook:

I've been putting in some massive hours trying to get it done before my college semester starts, but unfortunately with all the changes I've been making it's kind of put it behind schedule. Like I mentioned in a previous post I've changed much of the maps (updating and what not) to better fit the games new resolution. With my new schedule, it's looking like I'll be done sometime in September. I'm truly grateful for those that have taken the time to play the game as is and hope to hear continual feedback.

Updates since last post:
  • Updated all early game maps (Ship/Crystal room/Elliot/Mercellus Kingdom/Pengrant/Hunter's House/Forest/Embrak Village).
  • Added a skip option to introduction screen.
  • Changed quest-line for Murder Mystery (New Dialogue/Choice options).
  • Add new character to the game. (Not playable until late game).
  • Added 2 new villages/2 dungeons.
  • Added gambling casino/arena (Mercellus Kingdom) -- Only accessible at night.
  • Updated world map.
  • Fixed vehicle issues (i.e. landing on areas that are otherwise un-landable).
  • Other (i.e. grammatical areas, random spot fixes).
To answer your question regarding the remarks I failed to explain :

• The problem with Gin occurs when speaking to Elder Dusty (the cinematic when we find Larz)

• Everything is working correctly when countering a counter, I just found it funny and wondered if it was a bug.

I really hope to still be around and have time to play your game when it comes out as you want it to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koshibari