FREE Azur no Owari-RPG/Visual Novel Hyrbid (Help Wanted)

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AzurnoOwari.png
Disclaimer, this game will contain horror despite it being action oriented. It will touch upon slight sexual and violent content as well so if you're not into any of that I advise you turn away.

Engine:
RPG Maker MV

Synopsis:
Azur no Owari, which translates to The End of Azure is a Visual Novel, JRPG styled game holding much story to read as well as being interactive like any other JRPG game out there. With unique perspectives of each character's journey through Yutirya, things may change along the story if looked through another's eyes and more insight may be discovered. With many places to visit within Yutriya and many individual mental turmoils gripping upon each character,the mysteries of Azur no Owari will slowly unfold. Good or bad, right or wrong, all will become trivial in the what we call reality.

Characters(So Far) and Story:
Hidou

Hidou is woman of few words and tends to stay to herself whenever she can. Wandering the plains of Yutriya for over 50 years, Hidou is guided out from the inclosed trap world known as a 'Space' by Shinta and Jubei. With her missing memories slowly but surely rekindling, she decides to follow this group as it may help her gain more of her memory. Only when she learns of her origins and her previous self's goals can she rest.

Shinta

Born in the Mihoasu clan who had only recently been placed in lower rankings of the elite families of Zaude, Shinta grew up in the castle with the Principle (The girl who would be the Emperor of Zaude when she grew up). She and he were the closest friends, even to the point where she developed feelings for him. However as he got older, Shinta joined the army in order to rekindle the name of the Mihoasu clan who he had never even met a single one of his own clans members.

He quickly rose the ranks and became one of 'The Numbers' an elite squad consisting of each representative of each Family close to the royal lineage. However he never could get far within this squad because of the Mihoasu name he held. Sooner or later, the government assigned him to a wife, and for the first time he met another Mihoasu clan member. Aki Mihoasu.

The story begins with the Principle and the Government deciding to begin a mission to monitor the Underworld below them known as Yutriya and make sure they will not learn of Zaude's existence. Shinta is assigned this mission and heads on down to Yutriya posing as one of their commoners. There is where he will soon meet a woman known as Hidou...

Jubei

Born as a Halfbreed within the Yagyu clan, Jubei was immediately placed low in the family hierarchy. Her mother for some reason was never around and when she was only 9, learned of her death. She never was truly shaken by this however as her older brother had always watched over her. He was a higher ranking sibling despite being adopted into the family. From age 9, Jubei wished to become honed in swordsmanship and under her brother's wing, practiced the Yagyū Shinkage-ryū. This made Jubei the 14th successor to the style and would be tasked with passing down this style to her own child when she becomes older. With this, she climbed the ranks, surpassing even her brother and was given the title 'Jubei', the strongest in the village. As the years went by, the Yagyu cut themselves from the governments rule and went into hiding becoming criminals. Times became difficult and with the lack of resources, the Yagyu displayed just how incompetent they were and died off, leaving only Jubei. Her brother had disappeared, whomwent to look for anyone who could help them and now that Jubei was alone, she set out on her journey to find her brother...

Story
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two known realms to man: Zaude, and Yutriya which remain parallel to one another. Zaude the Realm of the Gods is the realm in the skies and Yutirya, the Realm of Despair is known as the Underworld. The people of Zaude are aware of Yutriya's existence and fear them whilst the people of Yutriya have long forgotten of Zaude's existence.

With Yutirya's growing empire, so did it's problems.What was once known as the United Clans became Three different kingdoms. These three kingdoms have constantly gone to war, the Humans, the Elven, and the Daemons all the while being unaware of the growing skeleton in the closet which loomed over Yutriya every single day.

Natural disasters, plagues, mutation of nature, and unknown objects and people arrive within Yutriya. These strange phenomena begin to throw it's people into chaos and Yutriya at the rate it's been going will soon need to seek new lands..and new worlds...
Just what will Yutriya be forced to do? What can the realm in the sky, Zaude do?

Screenshots (default rpg maker resources are just placeholders for now)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aa.png
Jubei1.PNG Jubei2gif.gif

Game Genres:
Action, RPG, Visual Novel, Strategy
Game Flavors: Text, Fantasy, Oriental, Fighting, Comedy, Psycological Thriller1535243935987_by_nicanjil-dcl5r81.png

Positions needed:
  • Digital artists
  • Pixel artists
  • Editors
  • Annnnnd...
  • Music Composers!

I myself am the main writer as well as the one who manages the many pages of the Azur no Owari Project. There is much I genuinely want to do but I need support from people with other skills so that I can learn from them and possibly work together to continue this series that I've had envisioned since I was a wee little lad!

The Goal? I want to be able to draw every single tile in the game from the ground up, fill the story with amazing visuals and dialogue and loveable characters, and...a story that will keep the reader on their toes.
Thank you for taking the time to read this! If you want to contact me, here are my contacts, and don't forget to check out my ******* and Facebook Page!
-----------------------------

https://twitter.com/ImprisonMelody
https://www.banned.url/azuresong
https://www.facebook.com/ImprisonedMelody/

Attachments

Last edited:

Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there :)
I could help out with digital art and a little bit pf pixel art (still learning pixel art).

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there :)
I could help out with digital art and a little bit pf pixel art (still learning pixel art).
Hey! Glad to meet ya! Can we communicate then? Do you have a discord to add me? We can also talk on the Facebook page I posted.

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: The game has changed quite a lot. Currently I am working on a demo and am nearly finished with it.

Art and parallax maps have been updated to look more appealing. Hopefully this demo can draw in people's attention!

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump.

Game demo is now available!

Mihe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi the screenshots look nice. :) Are there any gameplay screenshots available? Like combat wise? Or maybe there isnt any combat in the game?

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi the screenshots look nice. :) Are there any gameplay screenshots available? Like combat wise? Or maybe there isnt any combat in the game?
Hey there! I could grab some screenshots if you'd like right here. Though, I haven't had time to focus on combat too much yet so it's using the default rpg maker style-- But I plan on making it just as dynamic~
Sorry, it's not much RIGHT NOW but I have many plans for combat, including the ATB system, diverse classes, 5 man party, cinematic skills, all of that cool stuff"" haha

Attachments

Mihe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It feels as if their pictures are being stretched out of proportion.

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It feels as if their pictures are being stretched out of proportion.
The pictures are just placeholders for now, but thanks for telling me! Any thoughts on combat or should I give more screenshots?

Magnatusu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Im interested in working with Music Compound, im returning to RPG maker creation again so just looking for projects to work into. Below theres my soundcloud so you can check, its new anyway
https://soundcloud.com/stream

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im interested in working with Music Compound, im returning to RPG maker creation again so just looking for projects to work into. Below theres my soundcloud so you can check, its new anyway
https://soundcloud.com/stream
Hello there! Its rare to get a music composer haha, but I like your stuff! Do you have a discord we can communicate on?

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump.

We've been working on cutscenes and are halfway finished building the dungeons with content!

Attachments

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another Bump! CGs have been made as well as more sprites. Story is coming along fine and very soon I plan on posting a test demo for the beginning of the game. Look forward to it!

Attachments

MastertheX

The End of Azur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been three months, let's take a look at this bad boy.

The Menu is still under construction but it is much better now.

Resolution, font and background updates!

More Menu stuff

Some map stuff. We plan on hiring sprite artists one day.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artramel