Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, fellow game devs, this is probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if it is possible to backspace in the character name enter screen thingy.

I kind of want this portion of my game to work like FF Six... I think...? Anywho, I want there to be characters, and you can give them a name, but they also have a preset name that you can get rid of if you don't like it. And, in order to do this, I need to figure out how to backspace the name if players don't need up liking it.
As far as I can tell, the name input event command thingy doesn't have a backspace feature, but I was wondering if there was some sort of plugin or other magic device that would allow me to do this.

Thank you for your time! ^w^

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a key that works as backspace, I just can’t remember what and I’m not on my computer to check.

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan, I feel you. I am on my school laptop most of the time, and (not surprisingly) MV does not operate on here.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the name input have a backspace command, but not "backspace button".

it's mostly the "Page Down" for backspace, "X" sometimes but mostly cancel
out the scene and return to default name if it's there.

YEP_KeyNameEntree can use backspace, but you can also alter the name input
by a simpler plugin to use backspace.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is this Profile Banner thing new? Or did I just discovered it now?
Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beccokiwis