Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I find the way your RPGs are saved on computer confusing. I'm assuming your games are saved as game.rmmzproject files? If so, how come my game so far is just 11 bytes big? If I wanted to back my whole project up on a pen drive, do I save the whole folder and everything should be fine? If that's ok, to open the game do I click on the game.rmmzproject file? Or is it more complicated and do I have to open lots of folders? Thanks! (I'm not sure about how to open the program because to start it I click on Steam and the site opens the thing up for me).

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No - if you look at your drive before and after you create a project, you'll see that the .rmmzproject file is just what you use to open the editor and reference your project.

The entire actual project/game is everything in that directory. Your game is not one single file.

In fact, no games are - if you own any other computer games on Steam, you can go to their directories and you will see many other folders and files within them, the .exe file that you select is just what starts the game running. If at any time you Export your project from inside MZ, you'll also get an executable file like that.

But yes, if you back up your entire project directory, you can use any computer with MZ installed to open the .rmmzproject and edit your project.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
look at your drive. also, it isn't a bad idea to let steam cloud save the project, if you bought it there and can save some stuff for ya.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_6.png added!
index.php

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkEchoid