Bludgeon of Inspiration
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game Synopsis
After 1000 years of iron-fisted rule, the Empress of Baclyae dies. With no clear heir, who takes the throne is under contention. The Duke of Espea, the Baroness of Sucror, and the Princess of Vapleissau all clamor for the right to rule.

Sarah and her friend, Hans, are exiles from the Imperial Palace for the crime of disobedience. They may wander the lands now, but, they will find that their fate is intertwined with that of the torn-apart nation.

Personal aside:
This game is a tribute to the Suikoden series, and therefore borrows heavily from it. However, as this is a tribute, and not a fan-game, there may be a few things that are in those games that are not in this one, and visa-versa.

Screenshots

Tablet_of_Destiny.png

Catch a falling star, and put it in your pocket book...

warbattle_orders.png

Screen to select unit to engage in war-battles.

partyswapfrommenu.png

Swapping party members from the menu! Thanks to coelocanth for this idea.

party_exp_gain.png

I really, really liked the concept of Party Experience from Valkyrie Profile, and always thought a game like Suikoden could use it.

party_exp_distrib.png

Distribute party experience however you like! Note that, the higher the level of the character, the more you'll need to pump EXP into them.

Imperial_Palace.png

The Imperial Palace... MAY become your HQ. Oh, who am I trying to kid. :p

shop_screen.png

This is a slightly outdated screen, but, it basically shows how the equipment comparison in "Suiko-shops" function.

Features
-108 Recruitible Stars of Destiny!
-99.999% functional Unite skills!
-War battles!
-Music from the RMN Music pack!

Credits
Scripts:
-Yanfly (Messaging system, party-swap system)
-Tsukihime (resource-checker)
-Skitzen (missing files)
-Casper Gaming (encyclopedia)
-Estriole (Suikoden Rune system)
-GreatRedSpirit (target fix)

Graphics:
-FoxRichards (faces)
-Liberty (windowskins)

Music:
-RMN Music Pack
--"Caverns" - Snowy_Fox
--"Circle of Light" - Jasprelao
--"Enspiron" - Terranon
--"Hamlet" - Lana42
--"Mellow Darkness" - Rei-/800MPH/Happy
--"Resonant Hopes, Ignited Wills" - Subaru
--"The Ritual" - Snowy_Fox
--"Tranquil Town" - Snowy_Fox
--"Valiance" - Jeremiah "McTricky" George
--"Victory Theme" - Subaru

Special Thanks:
-fantasy name generators (names of various characters and places)
-dnel57 (spelling/grammar corrections)

Downloads and other links
Gamepage on rpgmaker.net
Recruitment info
Baclyae Revolution (Stand-alone version)
Baclyae Revolution (Needs run-time package)

Last edited:

Josh_727

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I like how it only shows their eyes on those party configuration menu's. Pretty cool.

Marrend

Bludgeon of Inspiration
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks! The display was designed with a six-person party at maximum, and the full images just won't fit everyone on the screen.

Which reminds me that I forgot to credit Yanfly for the party-swapping system on top of the messaging system. OP has now been fixed.

Shannaro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I'm loving the concept of a suikoden-esque with a female protag, the game doesn't let me load games. When I start up the game, it appears at the start in the cell, bypassing the start screen.

Marrend

Bludgeon of Inspiration
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How'd I miss that comment?

I find it's sometimes useful to skip the title screen for testing purposes. What probably happened was that I remembered to move the player start position, but forgot to deactivate the script that skips the title screen. WELP!

*Edit: I apologize for the inconvenience, and will update the game ASAP.

*Edit2: Aaaaanddd update done!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FeatherStone