AcousticJamm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In the early Paper Mario games, the player could equip these "badges", which cost different amounts of BP, or Badge Points. These badges ranged from giving the player a new skill to increased dodging or anything else. You can't sell or get rid of badges, so they're yours to keep. You can equip an infinite number of badges, just as long as what you equip doesn't go past your BP limit. Is there any way I can replicate this?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm planning on replacing the armor with these badges.

Edit 2: Also forgot to mention that BP is permanent, and is linked to your level (1 + x BP, x being level)

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plig-In Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Possibly using jp point plugin from YEPs, just changing the jp to BP and having it set under actors tags with a formula to provide BP every level. You may also want Hime xp tablet to have custom xp gain per level.
There may be one more plugin to help with this but I'm drawing a blank on the name. It's for equipment itself.

AcousticJamm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Possibly using jp point plugin from YEPs, just changing the jp to BP and having it set under actors tags with a formula to provide BP every level. You may also want Hime xp tablet to have custom xp gain per level.
There may be one more plugin to help with this but I'm drawing a blank on the name. It's for equipment itself.
Would this third plugin possibly count the BP used and remove it on equip and add it on unequip? Also, can I have the links to these plugins?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, that's why the equipment plugin would be needed, I just can't remember the name. Sadly I don't have the links. Just Google Yanflys jp plugin and himes xp tablet and you should find them easily

AcousticJamm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No, that's why the equipment plugin would be needed, I just can't remember the name. Sadly I don't have the links. Just Google Yanflys jp plugin and himes xp tablet and you should find them easily
I have the two installed. Just need that 3rd one, and how to use it together.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try watching tutorials on the jp plugin. It helped me, and it's easier to understand that way.
For himes xp tablet. I don't think there is a video, but there is a thread about it on here. Just search it, it explains how to use it better then I could describe it. I'll keep thinking of the name of the other plugin in the mean time

bg400

AKA WriterStudios (avatar made by DrQuack64)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try watching tutorials on the jp plugin. It helped me, and it's easier to understand that way.
For himes xp tablet. I don't think there is a video, but there is a thread about it on here. Just search it, it explains how to use it better then I could describe it. I'll keep thinking of the name of the other plugin in the mean time
@J-G Hey, um.... have you by chance gotten the name of that 3rd plugin....? I know it's been a long while since you've been on this thread, so sorry if I'm bothering you....

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This equip skill system plugin by Moogle_X can be used to accomplish this request.

Each skill can be set to take a certain number of points to equip, refunds them if unequipped, and the number of points can be increased via script (or probably level up). Since it works from the skills menu, there is no innate way to sell or lose skills already learned either.

You can combine this with several YEP plugins to make passive skills that can be equipped, but don't have an effect when they are known unless they are equipped. I used this plugin to make passive effects in my job system, like a skill that lets you use the Skilltype of a different job if it's equipped, or allows you to equip a type of armor that your current job doesn't allow.

bg400

AKA WriterStudios (avatar made by DrQuack64)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This equip skill system plugin by Moogle_X can be used to accomplish this request.

Each skill can be set to take a certain number of points to equip, refunds them if unequipped, and the number of points can be increased via script (or probably level up). Since it works from the skills menu, there is no innate way to sell or lose skills already learned either.

You can combine this with several YEP plugins to make passive skills that can be equipped, but don't have an effect when they are known unless they are equipped. I used this plugin to make passive effects in my job system, like a skill that lets you use the Skilltype of a different job if it's equipped, or allows you to equip a type of armor that your current job doesn't allow.
Err.... I tried doing this, and I don't think that helps.... I tried to look for a way attach that kind of system with armors (what the badges would be) and I couldn't find a way.

Also, I tried a method where you could get a type of armor (or badge in this case) that could let you learn a skill that's basically the badge, to see if it would work with your suggestion. All it did was leave me in confusion and with the skills I DIDN'T want to to be associated with the plugin's workings to be locked and unusable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After hearing Wataten's opening several times and knowing what this anime is about, I don't think I like moe anymore.
So I am working on a big DLC package for my game.... and it will add a new intro and extend the ending of the base game, while of course adding additional content to the game... Yeah, that should work! lol
I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS