Bali's Tiles Resources [MV] (and moar)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by megumi014, Sep 27, 2018.

1. megumi014

megumi014 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bali's Tiles Heaven
    & Moar

Last Update: 30/11/18
    Paintings

Muestra.png
    Update.png
    Paintings.png

Welp, lately I've been obsessed with ceramic tiles and ornaments, and I've been trying to incorporate some into my MV games. Some of them are not perfect since I'm still learning.

Terms of Use: I use different sources to make them, so I split them in different categories according to their ToU. Please read them carefully if you want to use any of them. In any case you don't need to credit me. Likelywise you can edit them to fit your needs, always respecting the ToU.

DROPBOX: Download Link

Terms of Use:
    -Credit Kadokawa, since they are RTP edits, and you may only use them in RPG Maker MV.
    -Free to use for Commercial and Non-Commercial games.
    -Description: Normal RTP Edits.

1. Chocolate.
    1. Chocolate.png

2. Azurite.
    2. Azurite.png

3. Soft cream tile.
    3. Soft tile.png

4. Tilted tile.
    4. Spin tile.png

5. A4 Wall with Greek Fret Key.
    5. A4 Wall with Greek fret key.png

Terms of Use:
    -Credit Kadokawa, since they are RTP edits, and you may only use them in RPG Maker MV.
    -Free to use for Commercial and Non-Commercial games, please read the description.
    -Description: These are edits made together with pictures from Pixabay. I made extra sure that all of them were released under Creative Commons CC0 (and according to the Terms of Service of Pixabay you don't need to credit the author and are free to use them in commercial projects). Even so, I know many people are cautious of using these kind of resources on their commercial games, therefore I placed them on a different category, so you may use them at your own discretion.

1. Snow Blue: they are purposely squareish because I use them for puzzles.
    2. Snow Blue.png

2. Snow (Brownish)
    1. Snow Brown.png

3. Big ornamental tile
    3. Big ornamental tile.png

Terms of Use:
    -No RTP used, therefore you can use them in any engine, no credits needed.
    -Free to use for Commercial and Non-Commercial games, please read the description.
    -Description: These are edits made solely with pictures from Pixabay. I made extra sure that all of them were released under Creative Commons CC0 (and according to the Terms of Service of Pixabay you don't need to credit the author and are free to use them in commercial projects). Even so, I know many people are cautious of using these kind of resources on their commercial games, therefore I placed them on a different category, so you may use them at your own discretion.

1. Terrace
    1. Terrace.png

2. Soft tile (small and big).
    2. Soft tile (small).png 3. Soft tile (big).png

3. Soft ornamental tile (flat, bumped and blue).
    4. Soft ornamental tile (flat).png 5. Soft ornamental tile (bumped).png 6. Soft ornamental tile (bumped blue).png

4. Excessively ornate (white and black).
    7. Recargada.png 8. Recargada (negro).png

5. Church-like aisle (red and blue).
    9. Church center (brown).png 10. Church center (blue).png

Terms of Use:
    -No RTP used, therefore you can use them in any engine, no credits needed*.
    *Byzantine Tiles require "Grammar of Ornament" by James Owen credit
    (further explanation under that section).
    -Free to use for Commercial and Non-Commercial games.
    -Description: I made these either from scratch or from pictures (or textures from pictures) that I took myself, not from pixabay pictures.

1. Ornamental tile (normal and extra big): they are inspired by the tiles a friend has on her house lol.
    1. Pame (small).png 2. Pame (big).png

2. Grey tile (literaly it's a tile from my house).
    3. Casa.png

3. Mosaicos de chão enxaquetados: I saw this style on a museum in Lisbon. Apparently they were original green (the stars) and honey-ish (the crosses), used on the Castle of Leiria and some of the oldest bricks preserved in Portugal.
    6. Mosaicos de chão encaquetados.png

4. Greek fret, Greek key: this is a typical ornamental motif in Greek architecture. I made it so it fits a 24x48 tile and it's seamless, so you can place it either on the top or the bottom of A4 walls without problem.
    5. Greek fret key.png

5. Normal tilted square tile. Nothing fancy, one of the firsts tiles I tried to make.
    4. Rombos gordos.png

6. Indian Style Tile Pack:

-A2 Tileset No-Transparent.
    Indian - NO Transparent.png

-A2 Tileset Transparent [Don't place them at the right edge of the tileset, for some reason they act weirdly in there].
    These are thought to be placed on top of a water A1 from the RTP set, but they also work on top of the blue base tile from the following A5.
    Indian - Transparent.png

-A5 Base set + Cross Tips (for the edges of the crosses).
    Indian - A5.png
    Indian - Extras.png

-B to E Tileset. Transparent crosses to place them on top of A2 tiles on the map for variations.
    Indian - Cross.png

7. Persian Style Pack

-A2. Persian Transparent.
    Persian - Transparent.png

-A5. Persian Base.
    Persian - A5.png

8. Byzantine Tiles:
    !!! These pictures were taken from the book "Grammar of Ornament" by James Owen. The book I have is from 1868 so I'm highly sure it's public domain already, since more than 120 years have passed. Just in case I look it up and this German online version of the book is distributed under the Creative Commons 3.0 License, so as long as you credit the source you can use it commercialy. I took the pictures from my own copy of the book, so you just need to credit the author and the book, not that German version.
    Byzantine 2.png Byzantine.png

9. Barcelona Tiles:
    The customary tile from Barcelona, it looks a bit dark because I fail at taking photos.
    7. Bcn.png

10. Simpàtic tiles:
    I recreated some tiles from a coffee shop I use to go :D I love the design.
    8. Simpàtic.png

Description: I recreated the tiles from the work "Tiles from Oceanário de Lisboa", made by Ivan Chermayeff in 1988. I also changed the colours a bit and made them with a strong edge to use them for puzzles (each of them is 48x48). I saw the work in a museum and they are part of a mural of the Oceanarium of Lisbon.

Terms of Use:
    -Credit: the author of the original work is Ivan Chermayeff (he passed away in 2017) and it's currently exhibited in the Museu Nacional do Azulejo and on a mural of the Oceanarium, in Lisbon.
    -I only recreated it in pixels, the design is not mine.
    -Free to use only for particular use, NOT COMMERCIAL (for example, I use them to make stepping stones puzzles or combinations, since there are so many variations).

Ivan Chermayeff - Tiles from Oceanário de Lisboa 1988.png

I just put some frames from the RTP, but if you remove them or put your own they are Free to use. I painted them based on photographies or other paintings, so I wouldn't use them on commercial games. I 100% made these versions, but not the original source I based them on. Almost all of them are made with chalk, and some with oil.

I tried to make them for MV size and experimented with digital effects for fun, but they still need some effort: they don't look that well so small xD I included a bigger version just in case anyone wants to modificate them for their game.

1. Cat
    Cats.png
    Cat_BIG.png

2. Boat
    Boat.png
    Boat_BIG.png

3. Sea
    Sea.png

4. Ballerina
    Ballerina.png
    Ballerina_BIG.png

5. Girl
    Girl.png
    Girl_BIG.png

6. Jar
    Jar.png
    Jar.png

7. Sketch (Nude warning, I don't know what rating it would be, but open with precaution)
    Sketch.png

Sketch_BIG.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    1n5an1ty, James, ABandit and 14 others like this.
  2. megumi014

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bump:
    Update 01/10/18 - Indian, Persian and Byzantine tiles.
    Update 24/10/18 - Barcelona and Simpàtic tiles.

BrunaCremm likes this.
  3. albert-youkai

albert-youkai Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    i can say , i love that
    sound cool for make teleports puzzles

megumi014 likes this.
  4. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Some of these would work great for temples, I really like the Persian tiles and the Greek wall.

megumi014 likes this.
  5. megumi014

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bump: 30/11/18
    Added some paintings.

MMMm likes this.
  6. xDRAGOONx

xDRAGOONx Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for sharing! Love the detail and sharp, clean edges. Can't wait to see these in-game.