Bank Plugin [Version 2.0.2]

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by Geowil, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Geowil

Geowil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you calling the plugin command from anywhere that is either running automatically or in parallel or do you have a script call in one of your intro npcs? If the answer is no to all of that then it may be a YanFly plugin conflicting somehow, in which case what I said in my previous post stands and I will see if I can make a fix for you project..

Thanks.

Edit:

Also be sure to update your plugin command calls if you have not already done so, the BankOpen command has changed.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It was triggered by simply entering a battlefield sequence. And seeing that Yanfly is part of the presentation (and the battlefield trigger by extension) I would hate to strip that out.

EDIT: Another thing is that I have a big, red warning screen which - as you can probably guess - means the boss round is about to begin. Doubt it has anything to do with it, and I'm thinking another part of the Yanfly stuff I may pull is related to version backporting. (Probably the one that is going to go first just to rule that out.)

3. Geowil

Geowil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The first thing I would check for would be any switches you may be setting which could trigger either an event that runs parallel or automatically or possibly even a common event that has the BankOpen plugin command in it. I will set up a test project with your plugin list that you sent to me last month and see if I can recreate the issue you are seeing and attempt to fix it.

Thanks.

4. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will check when I get a chance to set things up for another edit. Right now I am in between places and will be for about two hours (plus or minus fifteen to thirty) but I will definitely check when I set up again.

Also, I have a plugin related to version backporting that I can get rid of which is part of the Yanfly stuff if you didn't catch my edit. And furthermore, I don't set any switches until after the first battlefield sequence is over (which is obviously meant to help in understanding the basics of dealing with active conflict situations by the time you're out in the field). Don't know if the variables plugin would do anything either seeing that I intend to use it for obvious reasons like for tracking game progress, objective completion, etc.

EDIT: And it's ready. For simplicity and function I'm combining this with a chance to critique the part of what I have to date beyond the issue for which I did this, but if it holds like it does in the main package you should be able to figure it out from the sequence in question. AS THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS I'M GOING TO SEND A PM VIA CONVERSATION CENTER SO PLEASE TREAT THIS LIKE ANY OTHER PRELIMINARY CONTENT AND FOLLOW TYPICAL ASSET PROTECTION RULES. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU ARE GOING TO BE UNDER NDA BECAUSE SPOILERS. (BESIDES, I'M NOT DONE WITH THIS ANYWAY.)

EDIT 2: Distribution link has been submitted. As a reminder YOU ARE UNDER NDA due to the consequence of the development stage thereof. Additionally, only the active plugins are listed in the plugin manager here, and the backport pugin removed as stated (it had already been disabled as part of the testing process).

5. Geowil

Geowil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, thanks. I will take a look and see where the issue is coming from.

6. Geowil

Geowil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have released a minor update to the plugin to fix the issue that BreakerZero reported. Please let me know if anything else comes up.

Thanks.

7. princessbinas

princessbinas Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am not sure if it is too late to post this, but in V2.0.2, there is a bug in the demo with the Mr. Demon banker. When I try to sell my bonds to him (Note: I have bought the bonds he sells after bonds are added), I get this error message.
    upload_2019-9-13_10-24-5.png
    I can buy bonds from Mr. Demon just fine. I just can't sell them. The other banker does not have this issue only when the time is set to seconds.

And this happens when trying to switch from Seconds to Hours, Minutes, and Days when talking to guy who cowers.
    https://i.imgur.com/0JiNCvT.png

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  8. Geowil

Geowil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the report. I will be working on the Bank Plugin next after I have finished with the Class Changer. Will look into this at that time.

9. princessbinas

princessbinas Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you. I will also check out that Class Changer plugin while I wait for an update. It sounds interesting.

I would also like to mention that the arrow keys and enter/space bar do not work for confirming withdraw/deposit amounts. The most you can do is select an amount. If you hit enter/space, the amount of gold you selected to deposit/withdraw does not get added/deducted from your bank/inventory. It only works if you use the mouse. As someone who primarily uses the keyboard in these kind of RPGs, this is kind of troublesome but I do understand a workaround already exists as MV does have mouse support (I am just not used to using the mouse and it is not the first solution that pops into my head).

10. Sacrifyx

Sacrifyx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hopefully someone's around to see this. Weird problem - the bank scene opens as it should, I'm allowed to select the amount of gold to deposit, but it doesn't actually deposit. When I hit Enter after selecting amount, it just goes back to the Deposit/Withdraw/Cancel menu with no change in balance or gold on hand. I have bonds disabled and minimum deposit at 0 in the default parameters which the bank is opened with.

11. Geowil

Geowil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When I get the chance this week I will take a look.

Thanks.

12. Sacrifyx

Sacrifyx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Quick update - I noticed it works just fine when I use the menu with my mouse instead of keyboard, so I'm wondering if it just has a weird key setup? I've tried other keys on my keyboard but I get the same result. Also when I activate deposit/withdrawal with the mouse, the window where I select the gold amount has buttons, vs. the keyboard which just has the gold amount that I can adjust with the arrow keys.

Another quick update - this behavior exists in the demo as well, so isn't anything related to my project.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  13. D-D-D-Dan

D-D-D-Dan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I´ve encountered the issue that i cant deposit any gold.
    Maybe im doing something wrong? Maybe i forgot something?
    I created a npc added the plugin command.
    Bank opens just fine and I see the Deposit Withdraw Cancel options
    I go to Deposit (using Controller or Keyboard there are no buttons but input works using a mouse to enter the buttons show but there seems to a alignment issue(maybe its my font but i think its the buttons))
    (not encoutering any crashes or error reports regardless of input device, i read somewhere this could be a thing)
    I cant deposit or withdraw gold, it just doesnt do anything and returns to the main Bank screen.

Edit: I just now seen Im not the only one with this Issue.