Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I want my Monk class to have an ability that gives them an attack boost if they have no weapon equipped. I've found a couple different plugins that do this, but none of them work, so I'm looking for alternative ways to go about this. I know I could just event a conditional branch that checks every actor with every class and every weapon, but I'm hoping there's a more efficient way.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found a couple different plugins that do this, but none of them work
This is where you need to provide more information. Which plugins (names and links) have you tried? In what way did they not work?

The chances are that if multiple plugins aren't working for you, you're making some kind of mistake in using them, and figuring that out solves your problem.

Mechanically...why don't you just make the Monk's ATK from their Class be the number you want? Then they either don't have any weapon types allowed, or their weapons don't give additional ATK, they give whatever other effects you want them to choose from.

Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is where you need to provide more information. Which plugins (names and links) have you tried? In what way did they not work?

The chances are that if multiple plugins aren't working for you, you're making some kind of mistake in using them, and figuring that out solves your problem.

Mechanically...why don't you just make the Monk's ATK from their Class be the number you want? Then they either don't have any weapon types allowed, or their weapons don't give additional ATK, they give whatever other effects you want them to choose from.
The Victor Engine Dual Wield plugin has an option for this. The rest of the plugin seems to work fine, but giving classes the note tag to increase unarmed damage doesn't seem to do anything.

I also tried whitesphere's BareHanded plugin, and similarly I give the class a note tag but it doesn't have an effect. I tested both of them in a new project, so I don't think it's due to incompatibility with other plugins.

They're supposed to be a dodge tank type of class, but they'll be able to equip weapons from other classes, and if they have their evasiveness, naturally high attack, and access to strong weapons, players would be able to make them really overpowered.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you choose one of those, set it up, and if it doesn't work, ask for help and post screenshots of your notetags and plugin parameters?

For example, the BareHanded plugin (which seems more streamlined for what you're trying to do) has people posting in its that it works. So if it works for other people, that implies that it's something on your end causing it to fail.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INKYLIKE