Bars with Variables

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a Plugin that is more similar to Kuro's Any Bar, but updated as a plugin for MV. The idea is that bars can be created to be read of values you input or read with variables. They would also be customized for size, color, background, opacity, x, y, and z. I want to make a survival RPG game and this is very crucial for me to have inorder to make a display Hub of my own, to read vitals for such things as hunger, thirst, sleep, and well really anything.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it is similar to an existing script, please post a link to it.

Jecht

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a Plugin that is more similar to Kuro's Any Bar, but updated as a plugin for MV. The idea is that bars can be created to be read of values you input or read with variables. They would also be customized for size, color, background, opacity, x, y, and z. I want to make a survival RPG game and this is very crucial for me to have inorder to make a display Hub of my own, to read vitals for such things as hunger, thirst, sleep, and well really anything.
How you should manage junger, sleep and such things?

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Similar to this?

You would have to supply what variables you want to display though.

Here is to hoping someone else is making this script so I don't have to finish it.
I would hate to make this and then someone posts one right when I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, that's exactly the type im looking for to be able to get the bars to display, read, and update as in your 2nd picture, so i can just draw a Hud of my own to display around it, unless you can have it add to read the values next to it such as Var1 / Var2 or var1 / set value such as "100"

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Something like this?

I am a little confused.

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
My apologies I meant to have it display next to the bar the variables values, such as if variable 1 = 76 and variable 2 = 100, then the display next to the bar will display var1 / var2 so it would read 76/100 and the bar would look 3/4 filled, if that helps describes it a little more

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Or more like this?

Edit 2: And make the bars height and width custom too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Exactly like the 2nd edit, sorry for the long wait I was at work, But yes that is really close to what the original script was, is the text customizable more so that you can you can control the X and y for the text and the bars for location?

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok, so I might have made what you wanted. I guess I could ass it so there can be up to a certain number of bars.
Only problem is that you have to supply the variable. I have no what of know what variable you want or where it is saved in the database. So that part is left up to the user.
Take a look at these screen shots please. Let me know what you think

Purple bar in the middle left of the screen.

Red bar bottom middle.

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The variable part I figured out on the last one, and could probably find the call to set it as that, and then I use a parallel processed event to keep the variable up to date at all times, so the bar should change accordingly I believe. But I believe you have made what it was I was looking for.

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here is the current script.
If you need help or troubleshooting let me know.

If a bar isn't displaying then it is probably being drawn off screen! You have to take into account the padding.

http://pastebin.com/GmmqPB6n

Again if there is any bugs or you want things expanded or explained let me know. Especially the part where you put in your own variables.

Thanks,

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I tried creating the JS file for this and I try clicking new game to test and I keep getting "Failed to execute 'getImageData' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 1 is non-finite. Anything I've tried changing for the values on drawing the bar doesn't change it :(

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I will check on this in the morning and get back with you.

Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Jeremy, would it be possible for you to add an option where the bar only displays during battle scenes, only displays during map scenes, or displays during both?

Also, how does the bar behave when the variable starts going into negative numbers?

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok, I loaded it on  a new project and it works just fine. This is a new project with only my plugin on. I need you to turn yours off one by one to see which one is causing an issue. This is with the default parameters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently available for hire for scripting (and perhaps other things).
Also, don't worry, the Advanced Minimap plugin is a work in progress.
Hallelujah! Work is getting stricter on humans in the store.
Day 3 of mapping... at least the whole game its just one location :3 (Still taking forever...)

Almost 5 am.. and I decide to put up a Youtube video instead of sleeping. It's strangely addicting! :kaoswt:
If I survive the pandemic without 2nd degree obesity, I'll celebrate. The stress I have to deal with at work is so insane my candy consumption has increased by 400% just to help me survive the day sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickmark