Base sprites emotes and animations

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Jefries

Jefries Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    This is awesome man. I'll use hiddenone's MV resources to customize them obviously I will have to change them so that the graphics don't become blurry. 

2. Rizzle

Rizzle Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Truly wonderful whtdragon! I'm in the process of figuring out how to add them into the generator too. Thank you for making them!

3. funanya

funanya Sugar ZooZoo Veteran

First Language:
    english
    awesomesauce!!!

4. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I've a new request : a battler that use a 2 handed weapons (ex: big sword or staff)

5. SkySurfer

SkySurfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    | I have some leading child stars for the game and any plans on making running child sprites?

6. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are fantastic! I'd love to put them to use in my project. :)

7. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    These are really awesome!

But there is a white background on the SV images, is there a way that you upload them without it?

8. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    These are really cool and gave me a lot of motivation and new ideas to add to my own emotion sprites that I'm working on. Here are some that I have made already, very basic and small changes but they still add a lot to the expressions of the characters:

View attachment 38826

Only problem I have is to make them animate properly in cutscenes/auto run events, have been trying for a very long time to make it work but without any luck. 

9. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

hey not bad >w<)-b you know it's funny, just small edits to the faces can really add a LOT to a character's expression. I have no problem with busts or facesets, but sometimes you need some fun animations with the character sprites.

As for the actual animating portion of them though, you just have to manually go into the events to page 2 "set movement route" (or "set move route if you're on XVA) and have them face different directions for the different sprite animations. Add at least 3-5 frame "waits" in between each facing or they might switch too fast to see them. Use the "change image" button (or "change graphic" in VXA) to switch to the different animations. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually though o 3 o/ I personally always forget the wait commands in between frames. If you don't put those in the animations will look like they're not even moving at all.

Dark_Metamorphosis likes this.
  10. Dark_Metamorphosis

First Language:
    Swedish

Yeah, I do know how to animate them that way (with move route and turn routes). Actually using a script by galv now that can change into any column or direction of a complete sprite sheet like the one I posted before, without having to use change graphic or have the small "turn delay". Only issue I have is that I was told that the animation can look differently depending on what kind of computer you have, if it's slow it can mess up how the animation is displayed appearently. The other problem I have is that I can't run the custom move routes from auto-runs by changing the speed and frequency since they dont work the same way as inside the event itself (I have no idea why, its very confusing to me.) The animation goes by way too fast so you wont even see the different expressions even if I set the event to be slowest and frequency the same.

I also tried to add step animations for it but it wont change anything. So I guess the only way is to put in self-switches and move routes from the event itself? I really like to run everything from a single auto-run event, so that's why it annoys me a bit.

Since you are experienced in using this, maybe you could have a look at it when you have time: (Sorry for bothering you with this, just that I have tried to work this out for a while).

11. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

aaah sorry man >w<; I think that's a bit too far out on my knowledge. I remember RPG maker XP letting you use all 12 frames individually but I dunno how to go about that otherwise short of a script. I haven't actually used galv's script that's being described there either, so not 100% sure on it.

rpgmakerxp likes this.
  12. Dark_Metamorphosis

First Language:
    Swedish

But you are setting this up with custom move-route events inside the event itself right? And not from a auto run event? I guess I just have to go that route in that case.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  13. Ringotaker

Ringotaker Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish-English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Are you taking request??

If you are It'll be awesome to see more damaged sprites :)  like idk... someone lying on his back or on his side instead of the ONE damaged sprite we got on MV :p  

Keep up the awesome work mate!!!

14. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    what about sword swing for ABS System?

∊η∊ηra likes this.
  15. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    guess who updated this - w -??

Big thing I think is that the kid sprites got a huge expansion like I did with the adult sprites. There's running, swimming and sitting but also skipping and lots of animations for sleeping, being hurt, and crying. The skipping is based loosely off the RPG maker 2000's children sprites because I thought that'd be a fun lil' detail o w o;
    There's also toddlers and teen sprites. the toddlers are a bit smaller then the children and the teens are a bit shorter/thinner then the adult sprites. The plus sized sprites are obviously for larger people sprites. None of these currently has any running, sitting, or swimming animations, but at least they're there for anyone that wanted some more variety in their character sizes.

The hurt/downed/captured sprites is something a lot of folks has been asking for, and probably the second biggest thing. I made alternative facings for people who haven fallen down or hurt, so they're facing left and right now, there's also stuff for laying on their backs, so even sleeping might be an option. Actually, I did consider making a second set just for sleeping, but decided against it since I felt like other things should be taking priority first. There's also characters that are chained up both for laying on their backs like for tables, and ones for being against a wall. There is also a classic tied up by rope in case you ever need someone to rescue.

The SV battler additions is probably going to be the hardest to explain. Many people wanted extensions of those, many people wanted really specific stuff, and while I'm not objected to doing specifics, I'd rather get more general use stuff out of the way first, just to expand on the list and maybe make it easier for everyone to mix/match to their heart's content. From left to right, going down I made taunting, provoking, crying, cheering (three varients of it in fact) flying kick for monks/fighters, an uppercut, item throwing, (namely thrown at the enemy) an energy charge, 2 varients of releasing that energy through that charge, a third release that doesn't necessarily have to be through the charge (could be a magic attack or another energy attack varient) an alternative to blocking and singing.
    I won't go into details on whatall these mean and how they could be used (though I would certainly not mind answering any questions over them) but I will point out a few notable ones. The kick and rising punch where made specifically with monks, fighters, and generally non-weapon baring characters as alternative attack animations to the basic punch attack making them at least somewhat more interesting. It's the same reason why the energy blasts where made too.
    The least interesting sprite, the blocking alternative probably had the most interesting concept where a shield item would be placed overtop where the arm was showing the proper shield item. The shield would have to be based off a weapon sprite, but was ment to lead to other animations like a shield bash or shield toss. The reason I didn't do this was because I'm not completely sure if it's even possible. The weapon animations I don't think overlay on top of the sprites by default so the shield would not show without some kind of plugin and I've simply not sat down to mess with plugins too much on it. If anyone wants to experiment with this though and make it work, you're more then welcomed to try--if you do, I'll gladly start expanding out the shield animations, but currently I didn't see much of a point since it was leaning more into specifics attacks and I want to keep things simple until I cover more general stuff.

The Jumping sprites are more or less experimental on their own. In theory, if you're using any kind of extended animation sequence plugin that lets you play animations whenever, you should be able to make characters jump forward, back and straight up before attacks. Lemme know how they work out!

waaaa so much worrdss too much words /)o A o/) but I hope you guys can find uses for the sprites! I'm apparently gonna be gone a few days but I'm hoping this'll be good enough for awhile u w o;; enjoy~

16. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @whtdragon, the amount of potential versatility you've created here is astounding and worthy of applause. Thank you so much for this contribution. I'm sure it was quite a bit of work and I, for one, am very grateful for it. :D

17. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Fwaaa / w \ thaanks I know I've been a lot slower to update and bring out stuff but I've been super busy with some personal stuff, but I'm still trying to get things out~
    I've been sitting on these new base animations for awhile admittedly o ~ o;; trying to make sure I made enough I'm satisfied with before uploading them, which is something I'm constantly wanting to do o 3 o/ make sure each upload is worth checking out~

Gabrelik likes this.
  18. palinskyjoe

palinskyjoe affable madman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @whtdragon thank you so much for making/sharing these. Making my own sprites became 100% easier once I discovered these emotes and animations. Your work is gorgeous and super appreciated. :)

19. Marushia

Marushia Neko-chan Veteran

First Language:
    Brazilian
    Thank you for your work. I liked much ^.^ 

20. SpeedyBolt123

SpeedyBolt123 Generic Loser Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh man, these are super cool! I can't wait to try them out!

you know once i stop being terrible at spriting