Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@esziaprez  You may not hijack someone else's thread with your own resources.

If you wish to share these, please start your own thread.

I am hiding your post here.

Sigmaroth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Umm where are whtdragon's sprite emotes? I keep getting an error.
Did something happen to whtdragon's?

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Umm where are whtdragon's sprite emotes? I keep getting an error.
Did something happen to whtdragon's?

I'm not quite sure what the issue is? everything seems to be working for me?

oloimp

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome, awesome work and thanks alot for these! All saved and ready to be edited (ugh). Especially the running, swimming (both of those) and sitting ones are super helpful!

Limitless Beast

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm noticing around the forums a common trend with people making faces show emotion in avatars and busts, but almost no one is doing that for the character sprites themselves. Inspired by classic RPG games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Super Mario RPG, and even Golden Sun I've decided to make a few edits for the base sprites for emotions and other animations like running, being sick, and blushing. Obviously these will require editing if you wish to use them for yourself, but I'm hoping I at least cut out some time for folks that wants something extra~

I probably will not be updating this too often, but when I have some time in between things I'll probably be working on at least a few more animations. I did get the big ones most people would like to see though, like running and crawling. None of these require plugins, these are all made using the default 3 frame limit in mind. If anyone needs animated gifs to show off the animations, I'll be happy to provide when I can.

While we are at it; I'm not real happy with MV's default SV animations either. I've made new ones. Right now I've just uploaded new victory animations. while it's fine that everyone gets the same victory posing/jumping I did appreciate RPG maker 2003's unique victories for each character, so I've made a set of base battler victories of my own.

Edit: just so we're clear these are templates NOT generator parts I have no interest in making these workable in the generator, It would just end up being a hassle for everyone as you would likely have to constantly overwrite the default files back and forth just to get even a few of these sprites at a time, and I'm not going to to ask anyone to do that. These are for good old fashioned sprite work, and I believe in you guys ( o w o)/ I think you can make these work with a little hard work~

Terms:
  • As these are edits of MV's sprites, you will need a legal copy of RPG maker MV, otherwise~~
  • Credit is appreciated, but not required.
  • They are free to use for commercial or non commercial.
  • You are free to edit, change, recolor, re-edit, remix, maim, mangle, add on, divide, and conquer to your heart's content. I don't even mind if you re-upload them elsewhere as it would only mean more people get access to them and that is A-OK in my books
Running, crawling swimming animations:
There is one running animation for male and female each as well as crawling for each. There is a second alternative run animation now for both male and females. It's a Ninja run~
Swimming animations come with both idling and moving for both underwater and swimming above water u w o~

0lxD9W3.png

mzqAEXZ.png

Sitting and kneeling: Includes two kinds of sitting in chairs, sitting on floors with legs crossed, sitting on your legs, sitting on on the ground with legs up, sitting on the ground with arms around legs, and two different kinds of kneeling sprites!

chair sitting, floor sitting:
rVkK9q1.png

sitting on floor and kneeling:
a2KgKKP.png

Downed/hurt and restrained sprites: A LOT of people have been asking for more damaged sprites, and I've been working on them. I showed some of them off earlier but I wasn't ready to fully present it and post it up here yet but now we got 'em. This includes extra fallen/down sprites in various directions, sprites that have been chained up, tied up and bound. I'll probably eventually add on to this, but I'm hoping at least for now this'll maybe scratch the captured quest itch everyone's been looking for.

SE8h5vO.png

Extra Body and age types: Ever wanted toddlers, kids, teenagers or plus sized folks? I gotcha covered~

The kid sprites are currently the only ones with multiple animations for now. They have walking, running, skipping (based similarly to RMK2's child sprites) swimming, sitting and a bunch of extra animations including downed/hurt, sleeping crying and happiness. The other types currently only has walking animations, I'll fix that overtime. I also did not make a plus sized/pudgy kid sprite because it's been the hardest one to get animating right and I've been struggling with it a lot, so I just didn't add it in /)o ~ o; so if you wanted those, you'll have to wait a little longer sorry!

kid sprites:
VWq2D6v.png

toddler, teens and large people:
gp98gUc.png

General Purpose Emotes: There's two kinds here; ones that have just down facing sprites, some of which don't animate, others do. They're mostly ment for cinematics. The other sprites do have multiple directions, and they're things like laughing and shaking your head yes and no.

Cinematic emotes: includes being embarrassed, being sick, thumbs up, all sorta things~! (1 direction)
bdPEHDs.png

laughing, nodding yes and no: (4 directions)
8AjWoqw.png

SV battlers alternative animations: these do use basic 3 frame animations, I PROBABLY will not be making more complicated animations with more frames for plugins or scripts. Includes Victory and now alternative casting animations! Your fighters now have something a bit less magic-y!

NEW misc animations including taunts, martial arts moves, energy blast attacks singing and jumping. See spoiler below for more details on what everything is.

male victories:
1SNQFdx.png

Male casting/ability charging
MpX9vDk.png

female victories:
pHT0FOf.png

female casting/ability charging
hIhx4ZM.png

Extra misc animations: (includes taunt, provoke, cheer, crying, martial arts kicking, uppercut, throwing item, energy blast style charging and release, alternative blocking (maybe with a shield item?) and singing for both males and females.

0sbNmvd.png
ahKjRnG.png

Jumping: not a fan of these too much but basically there's separate jumping up and jumping down animations, ment to play inbetween attacks to add an extra flare. I don't know how well or effective they actually are, but I think that largely depends on what plugins you're running or how you have things set up. Still if you wanted a dragoon type it can still be useful as a straight up attack.
GG99aU5.png

Extras: includes pieces or additions that anyone can easily use and edit into their own sprites~

Facial expressions: The default sprites are actually quite large and are more then big enough to offer a wide range of emotions!
Pcg5Ifp.png

Update history:
Feb. 7 - added new swimming animations, new SV Casting/ability charging, and new facial expressions for anyone to play with u w o~
August 8th- added kid sprites with many animations, new body types for toddlers, teens and large sized folks, new SV animations for taunts, attacks, jumping, and added new damaged/hurt sprites!
I am using windows and I cannot open the pictures. I save them and they wont show anything when I open them only a picture saying the file is not view able or may be corrupted but in the folder show as perfectly good pictures what am I doing wrong or how can I download these pictures? I wanna save them but it won't work can someone please help me?!

RainbowGrenade

Paint Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are all so great! Thank you for sharing them!

Nitedevil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi peeps! I know I might sound stupid for asking this, but to get these images, do I just right click and save them or there's a link somewhere which I'm not seeing, and I can download all zipped images directly? Thanks! ^_^

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi peeps! I know I might sound stupid for asking this, but to get these images, do I just right click and save them or there's a link somewhere which I'm not seeing, and I can download all zipped images directly? Thanks! ^_^

there are currently no downloads for zipped files, so you will need to download each one separately. (sorry!) Right clicking and downloading them should work, but some seem to have issues with that? so you may have to right click and "view image" first before saving.

Nitedevil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
there are currently no downloads for zipped files, so you will need to download each one separately. (sorry!) Right clicking and downloading them should work, but some seem to have issues with that? so you may have to right click and "view image" first before saving.
Hi whtdragon,

Thanks for your reply. So I just right click and save the image as I assumed. Thanks a lot xxxx :)

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
\(=^.^=)/ Thank you SO much for these templates, because I want my characters not to be bricks just walking around. Now, of course, I have added work to do, but worth it. I think.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my god, thank you so much for these wonderful sprites! You have saved me SO much time! I was going to need sprites like these (sitting, for example) for NPCs in my game, like people sitting at bars, for example. THANK YOU!

Iole

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please, please made more taller/fatter characters with sideview animation <3

OmegaLi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I'm a complete newb on this sprite stuff and I like this battler template since I had the idea for making a hand to hand fighter that can do the Kamehameha. What program do I need for putting clothes on him? I'll worry about the actual skill animation later, but for now I want this set of clothes on my character. I'm at a complete loss for what I need to do.

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-22_13-9-51.png
    upload_2017-10-22_13-9-51.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 87
  • SV_Clothing2_p17.png
    SV_Clothing2_p17.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 92

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, so I'm a complete newb on this sprite stuff and I like this battler template since I had the idea for making a hand to hand fighter that can do the Kamehameha. What program do I need for putting clothes on him? I'll worry about the actual skill animation later, but for now I want this set of clothes on my character. I'm at a complete loss for what I need to do.

You have to manually edit the sprites using whatever program you have available or comfortable with

Edit: just so we're clear these are templates NOT generator parts I have no interest in making these workable in the generator, It would just end up being a hassle for everyone as you would likely have to constantly overwrite the default files back and forth just to get even a few of these sprites at a time, and I'm not going to to ask anyone to do that. These are for good old fashioned sprite work, and I believe in you guys ( o w o)/ I think you can make these work with a little hard work~

that means chopping up pieces of clothing and shuffling them around, 'til ya get something that looks right o 3 o/

Phoenixsylph

=w= just chillin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I literally freaking love you. Oh my god. Thank you!

MakerZeroOne

Chronic Case of Undeserved Misfortune
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American Eng.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are awesome and will be of great use! Especially the kneeling ones! Now, my only question is, where are the standard static standing and walking RTP templates? either i'm typing in the wrong vernacular in search engines here on the forum, or they don't exist...

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
These are awesome and will be of great use! Especially the kneeling ones! Now, my only question is, where are the standard static standing and walking RTP templates? either i'm typing in the wrong vernacular in search engines here on the forum, or they don't exist...

they're actually found in the KADOKAWA folder when you install RPG maker MV under the genrator parts. You can also simply open up the generator within the engine itself and export the base bodies too, just remove all the hair and clothing.

MakerZeroOne

Chronic Case of Undeserved Misfortune
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American Eng.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they're actually found in the KADOKAWA folder when you install RPG maker MV under the genrator parts. You can also simply open up the generator within the engine itself and export the base bodies too, just remove all the hair and clothing.

i searched all through the folders, even new data, maybe i passed over it... if it's really as simple as exporting a naked sprite from the generator, i'm going to punch myself in the face. Thanks @whtdragon .

Edit: Yeap, I do now, indeed, want to punch myself in the face... it was that easy.

*Dons the Dunce Cap*

Last edited:

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making a character who will use orbs or crystals like you in battle, but it's truly necessary to use your custom battlers? By the way, you did a splendid job with these.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got locked out of the house yesterday... best friends who had the spare ghosted me. Locksmith had to literally drill thru the lock bc they couldn't pick it. Whole process took 4 hours and far too much money. And they have to come back next week bc they don't have the right cylinder, cause it's an old interlocking lock. I'm livid lol
 I’m probably going to regret this, but I need kobolds for my project and I’ve decided to sprite them myself. This is Attempt #1, front view only.

KoboldFront.gif
It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwiras