Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please can someone tell me which way is the best to use it ?
edit and cut with photoshop or how its gonna work? i am not a noob when it comes to editing and pixeling but i dont find a good way to this
maybe someone has good tips.

the animations are really awesome, nice work.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please can someone tell me which way is the best to use it ?
edit and cut with photoshop or how its gonna work? i am not a noob when it comes to editing and pixeling but i dont find a good way to this
maybe someone has good tips.

the animations are really awesome, nice work.
Yep, editing them into/onto sprites in Photoshop or Gimp is basically how you do it. In my opinion, it really adds a lot to the game by offering more ways to convey a characters emotions during a cut scene. I use them in mine for all my main and most of my supporting characters. This is a really great resource to have!

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GalacticGod
yeah youre right i thought the same thing. Its add really lot detail into your Project. Hmm i think its gonna be tough but i will try it on my own.

But if the result are really bad.... Could you do me a favor?And do one or two poses for me for my mainchar? is would be really awesome if you could help.
:LZSsmile:

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GalacticGod
yeah youre right i thought the same thing. Its add really lot detail into your Project. Hmm i think its gonna be tough but i will try it on my own.

But if the result are really bad.... Could you do me a favor?And do one or two poses for me for my mainchar? is would be really awesome if you could help.
:LZSsmile:
Yeah if you need some help you can message me.

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could not make it on my own.
Please can someone do just 1 pose (ninja dash) for my mainchar?

I am working since 2 years now on my project and its gonna to be free
Pm if you are willing to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockenberg

Someone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just started making some custom battler sprites with these bases!

Thank you so much! These are amazing!
prota1svbattler.png prota2svbattler.png

Attachments

anonym1545

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
russin
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good afternoon!) Could you make pregnant sprites?

Rockenberg

Someone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can make SV generator pieces compatible with the sprites?
It's definitely possible, but that requires a good bit of work to actually do.
You might be better off just commissioning someone to make the custom SV battler using those bases as template. *That's how I'm doing it.

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's definitely possible, but that requires a good bit of work to actually do.
You might be better off just commissioning someone to make the custom SV battler using those bases as template. *That's how I'm doing it.
That's sounds like the best alternative, thanks for the answer :D

Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm noticing around the forums a common trend with people making faces show emotion in avatars and busts, but almost no one is doing that for the character sprites themselves. Inspired by classic RPG games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Super Mario RPG, and even Golden Sun I've decided to make a few edits for the base sprites for emotions and other animations like running, being sick, and blushing. Obviously these will require editing if you wish to use them for yourself, but I'm hoping I at least cut out some time for folks that wants something extra~

I probably will not be updating this too often, but when I have some time in between things I'll probably be working on at least a few more animations. I did get the big ones most people would like to see though, like running and crawling. None of these require plugins, these are all made using the default 3 frame limit in mind. If anyone needs animated gifs to show off the animations, I'll be happy to provide when I can.

While we are at it; I'm not real happy with MV's default SV animations either. I've made new ones. Right now I've just uploaded new victory animations. while it's fine that everyone gets the same victory posing/jumping I did appreciate RPG maker 2003's unique victories for each character, so I've made a set of base battler victories of my own.

Edit: just so we're clear these are templates NOT generator parts I have no interest in making these workable in the generator, It would just end up being a hassle for everyone as you would likely have to constantly overwrite the default files back and forth just to get even a few of these sprites at a time, and I'm not going to to ask anyone to do that. These are for good old fashioned sprite work, and I believe in you guys ( o w o)/ I think you can make these work with a little hard work~

Terms:
  • As these are edits of MV's sprites, you will need a legal copy of RPG maker MV, otherwise~~
  • Credit is appreciated, but not required.
  • They are free to use for commercial or non commercial.
  • You are free to edit, change, recolor, re-edit, remix, maim, mangle, add on, divide, and conquer to your heart's content. I don't even mind if you re-upload them elsewhere as it would only mean more people get access to them and that is A-OK in my books
Running, crawling swimming animations:
There is one running animation for male and female each as well as crawling for each. There is a second alternative run animation now for both male and females. It's a Ninja run~
Swimming animations come with both idling and moving for both underwater and swimming above water u w o~

Sitting and kneeling: Includes two kinds of sitting in chairs, sitting on floors with legs crossed, sitting on your legs, sitting on on the ground with legs up, sitting on the ground with arms around legs, and two different kinds of kneeling sprites!

chair sitting, floor sitting:

sitting on floor and kneeling:

Downed/hurt and restrained sprites: A LOT of people have been asking for more damaged sprites, and I've been working on them. I showed some of them off earlier but I wasn't ready to fully present it and post it up here yet but now we got 'em. This includes extra fallen/down sprites in various directions, sprites that have been chained up, tied up and bound. I'll probably eventually add on to this, but I'm hoping at least for now this'll maybe scratch the captured quest itch everyone's been looking for.

Extra Body and age types: Ever wanted toddlers, kids, teenagers or plus sized folks? I gotcha covered~

The kid sprites are currently the only ones with multiple animations for now. They have walking, running, skipping (based similarly to RMK2's child sprites) swimming, sitting and a bunch of extra animations including downed/hurt, sleeping crying and happiness. The other types currently only has walking animations, I'll fix that overtime. I also did not make a plus sized/pudgy kid sprite because it's been the hardest one to get animating right and I've been struggling with it a lot, so I just didn't add it in /)o ~ o; so if you wanted those, you'll have to wait a little longer sorry!

kid sprites:

toddler, teens and large people:

General Purpose Emotes: There's two kinds here; ones that have just down facing sprites, some of which don't animate, others do. They're mostly ment for cinematics. The other sprites do have multiple directions, and they're things like laughing and shaking your head yes and no.

Cinematic emotes: includes being embarrassed, being sick, thumbs up, all sorta things~! (1 direction)

laughing, nodding yes and no: (4 directions)

SV battlers alternative animations: these do use basic 3 frame animations, I PROBABLY will not be making more complicated animations with more frames for plugins or scripts. Includes Victory and now alternative casting animations! Your fighters now have something a bit less magic-y!

NEW misc animations including taunts, martial arts moves, energy blast attacks singing and jumping. See spoiler below for more details on what everything is.

male victories:

Male casting/ability charging

female victories:

female casting/ability charging

Extra misc animations: (includes taunt, provoke, cheer, crying, martial arts kicking, uppercut, throwing item, energy blast style charging and release, alternative blocking (maybe with a shield item?) and singing for both males and females.

Jumping: not a fan of these too much but basically there's separate jumping up and jumping down animations, ment to play inbetween attacks to add an extra flare. I don't know how well or effective they actually are, but I think that largely depends on what plugins you're running or how you have things set up. Still if you wanted a dragoon type it can still be useful as a straight up attack.

Extras: includes pieces or additions that anyone can easily use and edit into their own sprites~

Facial expressions: The default sprites are actually quite large and are more then big enough to offer a wide range of emotions!

Update history:
Feb. 7 - added new swimming animations, new SV Casting/ability charging, and new facial expressions for anyone to play with u w o~
August 8th- added kid sprites with many animations, new body types for toddlers, teens and large sized folks, new SV animations for taunts, attacks, jumping, and added new damaged/hurt sprites!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[DPOST]Adit_Kaharudin_Fazrin[/DPOST]
If you want to add something within 72 hours, and no one has posted since you did, just use the Edit button and include the additional comment/info.

However, I can see no reason to quote the entire opening post of this thread. All you needed to do was to say that "The spoilers in the opening post are blank". Please do not quote whole posts.

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Spoiler is Blank

Why ?
Spoilers might be blank due to the website I chose to host the images, which is Imgur. Sometimes Imgur is experiencing a temporarily problem and can't properly display images right away. Sometimes only a few images get displayed for strange reasons. Try reloading the thread's page by pressing F5 or ctrl+F5 and see if that doesn't fix the problem. You may have to wait a few minutes inbetween reloads before images show up.
In the event that Imgur is down completely, the images might not appear for 15 minutes, and hour or in rare cases, over an hour.

Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or It's Because of Covid-19 the Internet in Indonesia is Down

Thank for Reply

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really good work, specially on those swin and emote poses. Do you have any palletes for brown and black skin that you can share? While i know how to edit your beautiful poses, my attempts to vary their skin tones were...not good.

HotAndColdAF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since these are RTP edits, if you make a character with no hair or clothing in the character generator with the skin palette you want, you should be able to use that as a guide to replace the colors on these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The presentation pictures for FSM Castle Tiles are really bad, there is so much more content in this DLC than they show. Great DLC.^^
Anyone know/remember Mummy's Tomb / Crystals of Zong for C64? Trying to recreate it for One Map Challenge. Fun. And ... er ... challenging!

Listen.. I er... caught the live stream. :LZSwink:
The MZ first look stream was quite good. Looks like we get a lot of generator parts right off the bat this time around. Lots of cool clothes, helmets, facial marks, etc. Looking forward to playing around with it. :)
Any tips on how to share resources in here? Should I upload them in a image hosting site or Google Drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denzelwatson