AntagonizedSun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So um I had an idea for my game that I could maybe add base stats. I thought full know how it works but I think I came up with a tier percentage system..

The tier system is literally giving an actor parameter bonuses or deductions that alter when they change class. In my game there are a total of 48 classes and four routes. Each route only has 12 classes. And in the begininng when a route is being chosen you have twelve party members that shart off with a base class. You dont get all of these characters right away but there is an option to where you get an idea of their personal actor exclusive stat parameter represented with a letter

S:200%+
A:200-160%
B160-120
C:120-80%
D80-40%
E is 40% and below

the main character doesnt have any bonuses or penalty but in exchange for accessing all classes over time while the other character can only access 4 total. Does this seem potentially to be too much?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm? I'm not sure I understand. Is the percentage a buff on a standardized base stat or is the percentage growth rate? Either way, both are totally doable. Still, that's a lot of classes. Disgaea number of classes. Unless you're doing linear class progression, e.g. farmer->Warrior->Knight->Uber Knight->God of battle kinda progression with each progression having better stats?

AntagonizedSun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Im more so doing like a group of classes based on type.

Example. One group is for warriors:Warrior,Monk,Samurai,Hero(A fire and light magic knight),Beastmaster, Ghost Cleric(Cleric focused on stealth), White Battlemage, Defender, Dragoon, Paladin, Berserker and Ranger.

And its a percentage stat growth I think?

Example:
Actor name: Dog
And under traits would be something like

HP:115%
MP:100%
Atk:80%
Def:95%
Mat:150%
Mdf:149%
Agi:119%
Luk:255%

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That isn't stat growth, that's a percentage increase to current base stats. Similar effect, but not the same.

For example, if you were to start with level 1 having 5 Strength, with level 2 having 10 strength and you gave a 20% increase buff with that trait, the result would be at level 1 you start with 6 strength and level 2 you would have 12 strength. If the curve here was linear, you'd then have 18 strength at level 3. Whereas, if you changed the growth formula to 20% higher you'd start at 5 strength, at level 2 you'd have 11 strength, at 3 17.
Now, that's just an example using linear growth, which natural RPG growth usually is not linear. It'd be more like the "unchanged" growth rate would be +5 from 1->2 then +6 from 2->3, +7 from 3->4, and +8 from 4->5.
Or
5->10->16->23->31

Which means:
Using traits for +20% (rounded down since RPG maker does not do decimals):
6->12->19->27->37
It would always be +20% better in the same stats as a base class.

Using growth rate +20%:
5->11->18->26->35

If you have a faster base stat growth rate (5->8->11 etc.), then modifying growth rate by percent would have a bigger effect.

But, just having a percentage increase on overall stats might suit your game better. Or not.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?
my birthday was yesterday...
i feel closer 2 being able 2 get a discount on the kids menu than i do being able to buy booze
1627428008986.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria