Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very good and useful tutorial!
Cutscenes are among my favourite things to do in rm, it's a very long and painful process of continuous trial and error but the end result is always worth it!
1-3 hours to make 1 minute cutscene is usually how long it takes me, lol.

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sometimes things look simple to the observer, but then you look under the hood and see a long event page for a few lines of dialogue.

Thank you @hiddenone for another useful tut!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@KakonComp Yeah, that was definitely something that is obvious from the second stream for the make a game thing. Spent 2 hours basically making a cutscene that lasts about 20-30 seconds if you read slow :p. Maybe half a dozen lines, but there is so much more stuff you need to think about to make your cutscenes look good than just having walls of text.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wish there was a magic trick to making it easier to make cutscenes, but unfortunately if there is one I don't know it. :rswt Getting all the little details working together to make your cutscene the best you can is tough, but so worth it to see it finally playing out how you imagined.

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I do keep a document with text codes and the accompanying text to at least make the dialogue a bit faster to create. Like color codes + character names + line break :kaoswt2:

Using common events in order to simplify any type of event that happens all the time too, like randomized loot from chests and some stuff I calculate before a battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowned_gaming_youtube