Basic Enemy AI Module for Falcao's ABS - v1.2 (02/09/2015)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Sixth, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    - Script:

- Demo:
    Nop, not now! :p

- Author's Notes:
    This script will let you setup some basic AI for your enemies without the use of countless switches and condition checks.
    You can also save yourself from adding tons of 'use_tool()' script calls and dozens of repeated movement sequences into your event's auto-move routes.
    Instead, set up your tool groups in the module settings and call a single script call only to use a pre-made tool group for any enemy. Much faster and easier, at least for me. :p

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    gsuk, Dymdez and Bleuw like this.
  2. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Updated the script with a bunch of new options.

Now you can make some real AI for your enemies.

As a side note, I developed all the checks for a single player game, so there are no checks for followers at all. I don't plan on doing any checks for them, because I completely ignored that part of the ABS, and I don't think I will ever check the code for that, sorry! :p

3. DangerSushi

DangerSushi Villager Member

First Language:
    italian
    Keep making these scripts for falcao pearl abs and i'll mary you <3

Sixth likes this.
  4. vamuse

vamuse Villager Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Any idea how you would have AI for taking cover? Like AI runs behind walls or toward certain events in order to hide or dodge fire. Thanks!

5. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That is outside of the scope of this script. 

There are no "walls" in the engine by default. There are unpassable tiles/co-ordinates, but those are not only walls, they can be other characters on map, holes (which aren't much for cover, right?) and anything else where the player can't go normally.

There is also no "fire", it is not defined for the characters, so knowing what is "fire" should also have to be coded. 

And many other specific things need to be added to make what you want.

I like the idea, but it is just not the point of this script. This script aims to control the usage of tools in certain situations. It is not for controlling the reaction for certain tool usage, that is an entirely different part of the AI which, based on the situation, can be much more complicated than simply determining which tools to use when.

6. vamuse

vamuse Villager Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    But can the probability calculated by the script be applied to move routes? And then the system pathfinds to the nearest region allocated as "cover" if it's health gets below a certain point or if it takes damage several times in a row. Then, it breaks out of that routine and returns to it's regular behavior after a cool down.

I don't think that would be too complicated correct?

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  7. gsuk

gsuk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi there! I'm using your script and it's awesome!

I have one question - there are plenty of settings for how the enemy behaves at a certain level of HP, but I can't find a similar thing for MP.

I'd like some of my enemies to choose to use absorb MP skills when at low MP. Is this currently possible with this script?