Last edited by a moderator:

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice, good job on the add on part; that makes it a lot more compatible! Keep up the good work.

Gadwin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
wow nice work.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Vlue~

Is it possible to set rects via events with this? :D

For example if the mouse is in Mouse.area?(304,57,245,136). Like the rect size (width and height) and then x and y of the rect? That would be really awesome!

I'd also like to ask if you're going to add a feature where the events will react to the mouse? :)

This pretty simple and awesome so far~!

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Vlue~

Is it possible to set rects via events with this? :D

For example if the mouse is in Mouse.area?(304,57,245,136). Like the rect size (width and height) and then x and y of the rect? That would be really awesome!

I'd also like to ask if you're going to add a feature where the events will react to the mouse? :)

This pretty simple and awesome so far~!
You could do that via events.. I'm not sure how well it would work out. To create a Rect object, it's Rect.new(x, y, width, height). Examples:::::

Mouse.within?(Rect.new(0,0,250,250))

-or-

$new_rect = Rect.new(0,0,250,250)

Mouse.within?($new_rect)

Events that react to the mouse!? Yah, eventually.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I tried your scripts and here's my report.

Mouvement mouse :

- It's allright but it bugs some time with the option set mouve route - move through on player touch because sometime the event react when you walk on it with the mouse and sometime not.

- It will be nice that the mouse react to the option of an event when it's set to "action button" or make an option where a popup appear and tell the player to press a button ?

Battle mouse : I am not sure if it's because I am using Jet SBS but the mouse do not work well.

- When I choose to attack, I can't choose the enemy I want to attack or either accept to choose to attack an enemy.

- When use item or a skill I can't select the item or the skill. It doesn't accept my choice.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried your scripts and here's my report.

Mouvement mouse :

- It's allright but it bugs some time with the option set mouve route - move through on player touch because sometime the event react when you walk on it with the mouse and sometime not.

- It will be nice that the mouse react to the option of an event when it's set to "action button" or make an option where a popup appear and tell the player to press a button ?

Battle mouse : I am not sure if it's because I am using Jet SBS but the mouse do not work well.

- When I choose to attack, I can't choose the enemy I want to attack or either accept to choose to attack an enemy.

- When use item or a skill I can't select the item or the skill. It doesn't accept my choice.
I'll certainly look into that for the mouse movement, and yes, using it as an action button on the map is something I thought about to do... eventually.

As for the Battle Mouse, yah, it'll only work (hypothetically only, far as i know only, should only) with the default battle system. So it's because you're using Jet SBS

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Do you consider to make compatibilty patch for a SBS (ex: Victor SBS) ?

I am asking thise because I've tried another mouse system and it wasn't also compatible with Jet SBS.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you consider to make compatibilty patch for a SBS (ex: Victor SBS) ?

I am asking thise because I've tried another mouse system and it wasn't also compatible with Jet SBS.
If so, not for a bit, I have a bunch of other things to do :(

Sidenote, updated Mouse Movement to fix a random bug that allowed inopportune movements.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the goal to add full mouse functionality... another addon is now up there to make the mouse work with the title screen and save screen. (Results may vary, consult your physician before use. May not work with edited version of the title screen or save screen, never know 'till you try.)

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Menu Addon added. Works with the default menu, might work with others, who knows!

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shop addon added, same yadda yadda.

~NeXy~

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
I have a suggestion :)

How about you add a "drop-down" list that appears when your right-click a event in the same manner as the list when you right-click on your desktop... And that list would have the same functions as the "Choice Window" (For example: We could put it in event's comment box what choices would be present).

I haven't seen this script for VX, XP, nor Ace yet, thus' I think it having this would really make your system stand out :p

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a suggestion :)

How about you add a "drop-down" list that appears when your right-click a event in the same manner as the list when you right-click on your desktop... And that list would have the same functions as the "Choice Window" (For example: We could put it in event's comment box what choices would be present).

I haven't seen this script for VX, XP, nor Ace yet, thus' I think it having this would really make your system stand out :p
An good addon idea for sure! Eventually...

And to everyone else:

Couple Addons added and some updated.

The Map one will not work with v1.0 of the menu addon, so get the new one.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Annnddd cursor addon done. That's it for a bit. Basic mouse functionality throughout the game with all the addons. Hopefully with no bugs, but that's just a dream.

Internetakias

RPG Maker VX Ace Noob :P
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Sorry for bumping this but I feel like suggesting a feature: How about activating a common event whenever the player is clicked on?

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
tried the scrip on some custom menus.

The mouse wont read title command if changed from vertical to horizontal. you have to mouse below the box to access continue and shutdown.

In my menu, I changed col_span to 3 and item_max remains 4, so to switch member 3 and 4, you have to scroll down, and it doesn't read below or scroll up/down or left/right well when the options aren't on the screen initially.

scene_status, you can switch between "index" using mouse clicks, but not in scene_equip or scene_skill

Puppet of Fate

Master Puppeteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This worked well except for battles. I'm using Symphony so maybe its that but I couldn't select enemies properly or back up unless I pressed escape. If possible, I'd like it so that you could chose an option such as "Skills" then click an enemy to attack but if you needed to go back then just right click in combat. Also, it seems that if I right click during an event the menu will open which messes up the event going on.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The script was written to work for the default unedited scenes and looking back at my work, not very well I think. For now it is what it is until I get to rewriting it, which is coming up on the list of things to do!

Puppet of Fate

Master Puppeteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The script was written to work for the default unedited scenes and looking back at my work, not very well I think. For now it is what it is until I get to rewriting it, which is coming up on the list of things to do!
Then I will patiently wait untl its updated! :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_game_dev