Basic MV tiles - One of each "type"

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
In redoing my tileset builder program, I find myself in need of a sample selection of MV tiles that I can include with the application. Included tiles are used as a fallback when no folders are configured and help users know the application has not failed in some way. This means they will be distributed with the application, so I can't just grab a segment of the RTP tiles. They also need to be original graphics so as to not violate MV terms.

Credits for contributions and a short form of terms of use to be included on the "about" tab of the application. Ideally, contributions to this project would be usable for commercial and non-commercial.

The tiles DO NOT need to be provided by a single user. As stated, credits would be included on the about page. If I need to include credits for each separate piece, so be it!

What I need (to be updated as fulfilled):

• A1 tile - water
  • A1 tile - waterfall
  • A2 tile - ground
  • A3 tile - building (roof)
  • A3 tile - building (wall)
  • A4 tile - wall
  • A5 tile - floor decoration
  • B-E tile - general decoration

Remember, I only need one of each type, so technically I only need one A1 and A3 tile, but it would be nice to include both portions of what are used on that particular tileset type.

Any style will do, they just must be original and not edits of any RTP or resource pack.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have an old (read: somewhat abandoned) project that has a couple of these things, drawn traditionally. Everything is in a similar style. Since I cannot pixel for the life of me, if you like, I can repurpose some of the assets into a tileset form. The entire thing would look very paper-y, though.

edit: also, need the water and waterfall tiles be animated? It would save a lot of work if they didn't need to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oooh, those graphics are adorable.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm good with anything anyone wants to donate! The more, the merrier.

But yes, mlogan is quite right; they are adorable!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you don't mind stuff that's already been shared everywhere the Liberated Pixel Cup tiles would work.  I've converted some of mine to work easily in Ace which is available in my resource thread (link in sig or here) but there's some I haven't gotten to yet and a WHOLE lot more that others have made.  You've find them at Open Game Art and on the official LPC page.

Edit:  I feel like an idiot, you said for MV.  I don't have anything natively that size but the Tiny 16 tiles could be sized up cleanly.  There just aren't any roof tiles.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I finished up the A1 water tile. It can be found here, and I will update the folder as I go.

edit oh right, credits. Credit mjshi and OK for use in all projects. Feel free to modify/redistribute (noncommercially) as long as you keep the original credit.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also added the ground tile to that Dropbox link. Let me know if you still need any more, or if you're using the things other people suggested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popogui