Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I believe that one appears in the games menu not the title screen. Also be sure it is entered correctly, below materials above main.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idril

Widdershins Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, it doesn't show in the title screen automatically, just in the menu. But it's not really that hard to program it into the title screen if you really want it there.

First, find "Scene_Title" in the script editor. Under the comment "Create Command Window", put this on a new line anywhere between "def create_command_window" and "end" (can be below default commands, or between, as long as the default commands remain untouched):

@command_window.set_handler:)options, method:)command_options))Second, scroll down to where you see the comments (in green) that say "(New Game) Command", etc (should be about line 105). Go to a new line and paste this code - again, make sure all the default commands are intact.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * [Options] Command  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def command_options    close_command_window    SceneManager.call(Scene_Options)  endThird (and last) step is to go to "Window_TitleCommand" in the editor and find "Create Command List". Add this on a new line, between "def make_command_list" and "end", again, make sure all defaults remain intact.

add_command(Vocab::options, :options)Playtest and it should appear! If you have any problems with this, feel free to let me know and I will do my best to help, though I am no expert :)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Awesomeguy2561

Awesome
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Screenshot 2015-10-11 19.00.58.png

@ldril

I got this error message when I tried it.

Idril

Widdershins Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oops, sorry! I made a mistake in the last bit of code. Go to Window_TitleCommand and change this

add_command(Vocab::options, :options)to this

add_command("Options", :options)And that should fix it. On-the-fly scripting lesson - Vocab::options doesn't exist, so you have to put your own string of text there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xafir