Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not gonna use this script(I'm going a different route, I'm gonna custom make my own quest log system, and such), but this is very cool, I especially like how you have Complete, and Cancel buttons there., It's a nice touch.

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I'm trying to do a Slime Kill Quest. Are you using variables or how do I increase the count?

EDIT: Maybe someone can post a screenshot on what it looks like to increase slime kill event :) Thanks! (I spawn mobs via event)

EDIT 2: First Script Compile you had there was a demo. There seems to been no slime event if you killed one the quest did not go +1 more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, when I first made the compilation, I changed the first quest to 'grab water for the lady' but then I updated the script and pasted it back in, which replaced it with the 'Kill slimes' quest (which isn't part of the compilation). I've re-uploaded the compilation with the 'grab water for the lady' quest.

For your own kill X number of mobs quest, it'd be the same command after a battle adv_obj(questid, objid, amount)

92chad

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using a custom menu engine so the instant part of this script to add it to the main menu has a selectable option dose not work. Is there a script call I can use to open the quest log for an event?

NB\\ wait I have work it out I have just used the scene manager to call the scene

Lear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Vlue, could I possibly make a request?

Could you allow the Rewards to be able to show custom text for the quest reward? (For example, if I wanted the quest reward for a certain quest to be gaining access to a new character, I'd like to be able to have the reward show text letting the player know that's what their reward is.)

Whether you are down for requests or not, thanks for your time in reading this, and thanks for this awesome script! :D

Korten12

Working on, The Border. :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question, I am currently use the Xail Menu system and I was wondering, how do I add the Quest log menu? I don't see anything about it in your script. 

arjayarjay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Hi Sir Vlue i tried to repeat the quest but it does not repeat, i was use Conditional branch $game_quests[:questid001].completed? then inside of it is $game_quests[:questid001].reset but it does not repeat after i finish the quest and talk to him again to pick the quest. what should i do?

92chad

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question, I am currently use the Xail Menu system and I was wondering, how do I add the Quest log menu? I don't see anything about it in your script. 
That was the menu script I was using If you want to run it form that simply you will need to make a common event that is only a script call this is the one I used; SceneManager.call(Scene_Quest). you then will just need to tag it correctly in in the Xail script. 

I hope this isn't stepping an anyones toes answering this question...

venusaur

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm still making my game... It's pre-alpha, but whenever I make a save and then put in a quest, and then reuse the old save before the quest was added, the game crashes.

Any solution?

Thanks.

Mosnye

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I set the quest log to false it will still display the quests in the corner. I have also tried setting it to display 0 quests but that didn't worth either. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

EDIT: If someone could maybe just direct me to the part of the script that draws the quest log on the screen so I can remove if for the time being until it's fixed?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Sir Vlue i tried to repeat the quest but it does not repeat, i was use Conditional branch $game_quests[:questid001].completed? then inside of it is $game_quests[:questid001].reset but it does not repeat after i finish the quest and talk to him again to pick the quest. what should i do?
Yah, that was brought to my attention before too, I've fixed it in more recent versions.

I'm still making my game... It's pre-alpha, but whenever I make a save and then put in a quest, and then reuse the old save before the quest was added, the game crashes.

Any solution?

Thanks.
With how quests are dealt with, most often old saves won't work when you add new quests in, because the quest data (progress etc.) is saved to the save file and comes up empty when a new quest is added. (And make sure you are using the latest version, as I'm sure I made it work better with older saves before.)

If I set the quest log to false it will still display the quests in the corner. I have also tried setting it to display 0 quests but that didn't worth either. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

EDIT: If someone could maybe just direct me to the part of the script that draws the quest log on the screen so I can remove if for the time being until it's fixed?
Yah, wrong order on something in there, newest version (1.2c) will properly display/undisplay the quest log when the $questlogvisibility variable is set.

Mosnye

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any word on 1.2c? :S

SithDuke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, when I first made the compilation, I changed the first quest to 'grab water for the lady' but then I updated the script and pasted it back in, which replaced it with the 'Kill slimes' quest (which isn't part of the compilation). I've re-uploaded the compilation with the 'grab water for the lady' quest.

For your own kill X number of mobs quest, it'd be the same command after a battle adv_obj(questid, objid, amount)
I assume you mean in the troop events I need to add "adv_obj:)questid001, :obj1, 1)" each time an enemy is killed in a battle. The problem is the last enemy that is killed isn't tracked. I'm guessing it skips event processing if you win the combat. How exactly am I supposed to go about updating kills?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any word on 1.2c? :S
I suppose that sentence may have been ambiguous, but 1.2c was out at the time I posted it. I updated it then :p
I assume you mean in the troop events I need to add "adv_obj:)questid001, :obj1, 1)" each time an enemy is killed in a battle. The problem is the last enemy that is killed isn't tracked. I'm guessing it skips event processing if you win the combat. How exactly am I supposed to go about updating kills?
Yes, it doesn't give you any option for running events after escaping, or losing, or winning, before returned to the map!
I wrote this for you then: http://pastebin.com/qH1SkL0V

SithDuke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The kill quest now works with the new script Vlue, thanks alot. It's not really important but I'm not sure the switches are working. I tested it with pressing F9 and running the same quest with the switch set to OFF and ON. I have set the switch ID's in the script .

VICTORY_EVENT_SWITCH = 85

ESCAPE_EVENT_SWITCH = 86

ABORT_EVENT_SWITCH = 87

DEFEAT_EVENT_SWITCH = 88
Like I said it's not important, just thought you'd like to know. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong somehow.

P.S.

Is it possible to have an ambiguous script call to check if the player has ANY current quests? I wanted to have a running common event that checks if the player actually has any quests. If not, it hides the Quest Log.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You'll never see the switches on yourself, they're turned on when the victory/defeat/etc condition is met so it can run the event, and then turned off before returning to the map so it doesn't interfere with other events or future battles.

The Quest Log should (I've fixed it in more recent updates) hide when no quests are active/tracked.

The script call you are looking for though is: $game_quests.no_quests?

SithDuke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks very much Vlue. You're the man! Gotta be the nicest scripter around here. 

Dariom

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings Vlue, i really admire your script, by far the most reliable questing script i've managed to find. 

However, i am very new to scripting, so im just asking, is there any place where i can get a tutorial on how to make quests?

Onomotopoeia

I don't know, nobody's told me yet.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nevermind. Misunderstood Dariom's request

EagleMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
question sir vlue can i make a quest that the player can't refuse?

and if does, how? 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
tomorrow is the finale of my Endurance
2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsMeDevRoland