Basic Quest System

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Vlue, May 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dioarcangel:
    1. On line 57 where you see this stuff:

MENU_LIST = { :quests => ["Quests", "View, track, and untrack quests.", 232, true, false, Scene_Quests] :item => ["", "Browse through your acquired items.", 4148, true, false], :equip => ["Equipment", "Change your equipment.", 4145, true, true], :skill => ["Spells", "Manage your available skills.", 4147, true, true], :status => ["Stats", "See the current status of the hero.", 4136, true, true], :formation => ["", "Change the formation of the party.", 4134, true, false], :save => ["", "Record your progress.", 4139, true, false], :load => ["", "Load your saved progress.", 4165, true, false, Scene_Load], :game_end => ["Quit", "Exit the program.", 4162, true, false], :title => ["", "Return to title.", 4133, true, false, Scene_Title], :com_event => ["Camping", "Run common event camping.", 728, true, false, 1]add this line between whatever two tabs you want the Quests tab to appear:

:quests => ["Quests", "View, track, and untrack quests.", 232, true, false, Scene_Quest],I'm not on my computer so I can't test if it works. If something goes wrong, try changing the "true, false" part to "true, true". If that still doesn't work, tell me.

EDIT: Confirmed in a test project, this works.

2. In your intro event, add a new action by going to the third tab, clicking "Script..." then typing "$questlogvisibility = false"and put that as the first line. When you want it to show up again, make an event that sets "$questlogvisibility = true".

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2015
    dioarcangel likes this.
  2. Alberto Cerrone

Alberto Cerrone Villager Member

First Language:
    italian
    nothing for me?? how to make the quest work for an enemy kill counter or simpliest an enemy troup counter...and and item counter..for example..take to me a special antitode....ho to make the quest recognize that u have aquaired that item??? the demo really dont help :(

3. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    dioarcangel likes this.
  4. dioarcangel

dioarcangel Villager Member

First Language:
    Español
    OMG Ty ty ty !! <3 u are the best !

Oww i got this error : 

[​IMG]

Code:
    MENU_LIST = {      :item      => ["Objetos", "Revisa los objetos que posees.", 3710, true, false],      :equip     => ["Equippo", "Cambia tu equipo.", 3723, true, true],      :skill     => ["Hechizos", "Maneja tus hechizos disponibles.", 3711, true, true],      :status    => ["Estado", "Ve el estado actual de tu heroe.", 2226, true, true],      :quests    => ["Quests", "View, track, and untrack quests.", 232, true, false, Scene_Quest],      :formation => ["Formacion", "Cambia la posicion de los miembros de tu grupo.", 2210, true, false],      #:save      => ["", "Record your progress.", 4139, true, false],      :load      => ["Cargar", "Carga una partida guardada.", 2213, true, false, Scene_Load],      :game_end  => ["Salir", "Salir del Juego.", 2208, true, false],      :title     => ["Menu", "Regresar al menu de inicio.", 2207, true, false, Scene_Title],

5. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @dioarcangel: Did you put the Quest Log script above your menu script? That error says that you probably didn't xD

dioarcangel likes this.
  6. dioarcangel

dioarcangel Villager Member

First Language:
    Español
    Amm below xD ... one sec haha sorry xD

EDIT: Now is perfect sorry for all the trouble =D 

Ty so much ! U are the best !  :)   :)   :)  !

7. Alberto Cerrone

First Language:
    italian
    i give it a try..now i understand what adv_obj do.. just advancing the counter in the quest log...so if i what a quest where i had to aquire an item from a chest for example..i have to call to the adv_obj matching the quest id right?for the kill quest inot understand how to set up it on the troup :( ...it would be something like when hp=0 turno switch 90=on..on the second page with the condition of switch 90 on i put adv_obj and switch 90=off..it would be right?i tryed ad it work..but not how i want....the counter go on even if the quest isn accepted..so i used a conditional with the $game_quests[:questid].turned_in?..if yes he have to check the nemy state if is death put switch on...but he count the kill even if i not have accepted the quest :(  

8. zephyrrx15

zephyrrx15 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I don't know if this thread is active anymore or if someone will answer but...this is exactly the script I've been looking for. Concise, compact, straight to the point but I have a question, which is kinda noobish if you ask me :p

My quest is tracking how many enemies I kill. So how do I fix that? I set up a quest to kill x amount of slimes, but every time I kill a slime, the number on the top right doesn't go up in accordance to how many slimes I kill. This is script is great so far but I don't understand how to change the quest settings so that it counts x amount of kills or if an objective has been completed or not :/

9. Alberto Cerrone

First Language:
    italian
    check some post above your.i had the same issue

10. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @zephyr, check this: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/27446-basic-quest-system/?p=333776

@alberto, you're doing it wrong. Re-read my post, you should go to the troops tab, and in the battle events have an event if VICTORY_SWITCH is on. It has nothing to do with HP 0 if you have that victory events script. If you worry about the quest objective advancing when you haven't accepted it, set up a conditional in the box by going to the last tab of the conditional, and selecting Script... then typing "$game_quests[:questid].accepted?"

11. Alberto Cerrone

First Language:
    italian
    sorry but i really not understand what u mean.what is switch victory??? i used a conditional,if enemy is affecter by death then swhith 90=on..on the second page with the condition switch 90=on adv_obj and put switch 90=off.

and even using $game_quests[:questid].accepted? the counter go on even if i not accept the quest....but the counter be reset after i take the quest.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  12. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  13. Alberto Cerrone

First Language:
    italian
    watch what i do.

rpg.png

rpg2.png

14. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I can't read any of it, but it looks very complicated xD I think that the method I showed you will work better, I've tried it before and it works really well. You just need to use the script that I had linked, then set up the troop as I showed you. 

Your current setup uses too many conditional branches, and will be confusing if you have too many quests.

15. Alberto Cerrone

First Language:
    italian
    but i alredy have the script u linked to me ... is simple..i put one more condition for not make the count of the kill start...but nothing...i have make a general switch that became on only when i accept the quest...so in the troup i set..when switch a is on.... $game_quests[:questid].accepted? if yes then he check if the 3 witch are dead and if all 3 are dead he put the switch 90(victory) in on.on the second page with this condition( switch 90=on) do adv_obj and after put the switch90 to 0.i not think it is wrong.

16. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    No, the script sets victory_switch to on when all the enemies are defeated. There is no need to check if everyone is dead.

17. Alberto Cerrone

First Language:
    italian
    but what is the script call? this i not understand..is a simple switch?? or i have to write something more???

edit: holy f.... finally now it work

18. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You don't need a script call, the script just switches the 90th switch on if you won the battle. After the battle, you just have to switch it back off after advancing your objectives.

Congrats on getting it working~

19. Alberto Cerrone

First Language:
    italian
    i am sorry for looking so dumbass :( but is difficult translate in italian some concept :( ... now i have full acces to the quest i think?! xD there is only one more thing..there isn't any way to have listed the completed quest??

20. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Have you set the quest to "complete"? (the first post, first page of this thread will tell you how)

If you have, you should be able to see it from your Quests tab in your menu.