Basic tips for a beginner on RPG Maker XP?

sketchd00dle

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'd love to start with a project i've been planing but i don't know how to start with it.

i'd like to know some basic tips for using the program, i'm very new with the program lmao
Just tell me like the basic stuff to start.

kR1pt0n1t3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really don't know what to tell you other than that you should go on youtube and type "rmxp tutotrial" and watch some videos there.

There are just too many things for anyone to explain it to you properly here using just text.

Corlagon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Don't jump into a significant project right away. Play around with the editors for a while, so you get a feel for how things work.

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Pick a script in the script editor, remove it(with a backup so that you can put it back when things go wrong), try to write it by yourself.
Compare the script you write to the one you removed.

You can start with some short ones.
It helps you to understand how the part you removed works and how it communicates with other scripts.
Sometimes, you can even find the one your write is better than the original one.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
Respect for MogHunter.

With him/her,our Project are Success in many Aspect like Animations,Gameplay,Battle System,more.
Now,it's really empty without him/her.

We have to wait Patiently about the Reason,Why he/she do it.
Raptor Revolt Demo 4_19_2021 11_13_22 PM.png

Custom tileset and mapping work continues for the beaches of RAPTOR REVOLT! Completely revamped sandstone cliffside tiles, now with 100% more d i t h e r i n g. Plus, stairs!
Sorry for the short absence. Hospital tests out the wazoo. although I just end up disheartened when my insurance won't cover what I need. I wish I lived somewhere where the country care about chronic illness patients.
Funny Gran Turismo/Thomas meme i Made

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testoryze1