Koveras95

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings.

I'm trying to implement a weight system into my game, and I can't find a plugin that works and does what I need.

-I need it to display the current weight in the inventory (Something like this: https://ibb.co/c2FRmjz)
-The ability to assign weight values to items/armors/weapons via notetag
-Simply disable dash if the player is over-encumbered.
-I need to be able to make expectations to dashing if the player uses a vehicle like a ship while over-encumbered.
-Taking party members (or the lack thereof) into account. (With every party memeber the overall max weight should increase )

I don't know much about JS plugins, so I'm not sure if this is actually something basic or I'm asking for too much tbh.

It's incompatible with YEP_ItemCore.

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know of two plugins:

Koveras95

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know of two plugins:
They didn't work, unfortunately.

Procraftynation takes total control of the player's speed, it doesn't know what to do with equipment that raises the player's speed for example.. and I couldn't find any way to mess with the weight variable, either.

Limited Inventory gives me an error when I start the project "Cannot read property 'meta' of null."

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how did you use Limited Inventory on weight?

if you use on the item/armor/weapon notetag box:
<Weight: 100>

it should work, if you make a a typo, it can through an error or doesn't read.

In case you put the notetag correctly, than you probably didn't define the weight
system yet which you should set.

I didn't use the plugin, so I can't really tell what you did wrong or not, you can
screenshot the event how you set it up.

Koveras95

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how did you use Limited Inventory on weight?

if you use on the item/armor/weapon notetag box:
<Weight: 100>

it should work, if you make a a typo, it can through an error or doesn't read.

In case you put the notetag correctly, than you probably didn't define the weight
system yet which you should set.

I didn't use the plugin, so I can't really tell what you did wrong or not, you can
screenshot the event how you set it up.
After some messing around, I figured out it has a problem with Yep_ItemCore. The error only comes up if I set it to weight mode.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
place the plugin above ItemCore if it was below, if its above, place it below.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
than ther emight be a conflict between the 2, depnding on the functions ItemCore use.
While I dont use it, I cant really help you.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
After some messing around, I figured out it has a problem with Yep_ItemCore.
I recommend adding this to the opening post, since it's an important piece of information: Item Core changes both the layout of the inventory scene and the way items are handled (e.g. independent items). If you have any other plugins with which you want this to be compatible, mention those too.

I'd also suggest specifying exactly where in the inventory you'd like the weight to be displayed (a mock-up is helpful for interface requests), as well as being more precise about "taking party members into account"...something like "increase weight limit per party member"? :kaoswt:

Koveras95

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recommend adding this to the opening post, since it's an important piece of information: Item Core changes both the layout of the inventory scene and the way items are handled (e.g. independent items). If you have any other plugins with which you want this to be compatible, mention those too.

I'd also suggest specifying exactly where in the inventory you'd like the weight to be displayed (a mock-up is helpful for interface requests), as well as being more precise about "taking party members into account"...something like "increase weight limit per party member"? :kaoswt:
I've updated the post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips